BRAC and Greene County Players of the Year

budkilmer

I guess like most everything else you post I disagree . Your gonna trade 4.4 speed on the corner for 4.7ish ? And no more time than shuffler spends on offense I don't see him playing both ways hurts him . Maybe Perkins would go to corner instead .

Perkins IS the best linebacker in the county.. He wouldn't go to corner.. Baxely isn't as good as perk or Thornton and too small to play middle linebacker for the devils.. So the only thing he could play would be corner or safety

I don't think either one of us said he deserved it this year. But a few years ago he did. Three or four years ago, he was doing something right. Taking a 2-38 team and turning them into a 7-3 team and taking them into the playoffs for the first time in a gazillion years deserves some credit. He has consistently done that and this is the fifth year in a row they have had the playoffs. I think they had only made it three times all together before he got there. Now I don't agree with all of his decisions, but that is why he is the coach and you and I are not. You stay in the crowd and keep yelling and let him do the coaching. It seems to be working.

Great post

I wont agree. Rollins is a way better player than baxley... if rollins played the teams south greene played he would be closing in on 300 tackles... baxley wouldnt start on defense for the devils and your saying he's defensive player of the year??? C'mon Man!!!! :roflol:

Although I agree with you that Rollins is better, I hate hearing the "teams the county schools play" comment. GREENEVILLE IS GREAT AND CAN PLAY GREAT NON-CONFERENCE OPPONENTS AND COMPETE OR WIN ALL OF THEM. THE COUNTY SCHOOLS CAN'T PLAY THE SAME TEAMS GREENEVILLE DOES. THEY DO, HOWEVER, PLAY TEAMS THAT THEY CAN COMPETE WITH OR BEAT--I CALL THAT GOOD SCHEDULING. This should not hurt them when voting begins for post-season honors. I think Ballard deserves coach of the year and someone on Greeneville's D deserves Def. player of the year. Boles should get Off. player of the year. Truth be known, if you had a "true" All-County team, Greeneville would have at least 7-8 starters on the defense. Baxley would start on D along with Julius from C-D, and possibly one from WG and NG. Boles would probably be the starting RB, so Shuffler could start on D. The O line would be split between WG and Greeneville in my opinion. The QB would be Stewart, WR's probably Davis from SG and 1 from Greeneville, possibly both from Greeneville. The kicker, well, is there any doubt. So, a "true" All-Greene County team would have about 7-8 Greeneville D starters and about 5-6 Greeneville O starters (more if needed, but they would be starters on D). The county schools could dominate the special teams positions if you wanted to rest O and D starters. I am a county fan, but more than that, I am a realistic person with lots of common sense.

Perkins IS the best linebacker in the county.. He wouldn't go to corner.. Baxely isn't as good as perk or Thornton and too small to play middle linebacker for the devils.. So the only thing he could play would be corner or safety

andPerkins is how big ? And Boles wouldn't start at RB because he is not big enough either rite ? Although he is the same size as shuffler Edited by greenecosportsfan

andPerkins is how big ? And Boles wouldn't start at RB because he is not big enough either rite ? Although he is the same size as shuffler

5'11" 205-210. Shuffler also is alot faster than Boles if you want to throw that in there. Boles would get playing time for Greeneville and so would Baxley just don't seem them starting over the 4 LB Greeneville has :thumb:

Jeezzz i hate this pissing match.. Look lets just give Greeneville every award.. Just saying.. Cause if someone from the county is having a great year we get they don't play anyone or they wouldn't start for Greeneville.. Who Cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cole having over 100 tackles is freaking amazing and deserves the award. Boles who is 500 off from the state record deserves the award. the coach from north greene deserves the coach of the year award in the county. as far as BRAC give it to GHS coach. Stop having this same freaking pissing match we have every year.. HE WOULD NOT START FOR GHS!! have you ever thought if he got 2 years in Greenevilles weight lifting program that he would be a BEAST? no cause they can't play at Greeneville get your heads out of your GREEN butts and add in factors into playing at GHS they have better weight/speed programs than county programs the players like cole and boles in those programs would freaking get WAY WAY WAY better in those programs and prob be better than most of the players on the GHS squad...

Just be happy that EVERYONE is making the PLAYOFFS this year!! We have something great down here in Greene County/Greeneville!!! We look like football power house.. It def makes me proud of everyone.. IDK if this has ever happened..

GOOD JOB SGHS WGHS CDHS NGHS GHS!!! Playoffs here we come!! STATE LOOK OUT!!

5'11" 205-210. Shuffler also is alot faster than Boles if you want to throw that in there. Boles would get playing time for Greeneville and so would Baxley just don't seem them starting over the 4 LB Greeneville has :thumb:

Height does not matter, in fact as an RB, it might even help to not be that tall. Boles gets in behind that big line and is hard to find sometimes. What DOES matter is strength and speed. Boles is the strongest RB in the county and probably 2nd or 3rd fastest. Shuffler is faster, but I doubt "a lot" faster. The 2 starting RB's on Monday Night Football were 5'7" and 5'8", but they are strong and fast. As far as Baxley, I agree, he probably would not be a LB for Greeneville. But, he would start on that defense as a CB or Safety.

Height does not matter, in fact as an RB, it might even help to not be that tall. Boles gets in behind that big line and is hard to find sometimes. What DOES matter is strength and speed. Boles is the strongest RB in the county and probably 2nd or 3rd fastest. Shuffler is faster, but I doubt "a lot" faster. The 2 starting RB's on Monday Night Football were 5'7" and 5'8", but they are strong and fast. As far as Baxley, I agree, he probably would not be a LB for Greeneville. But, he would start on that defense as a CB or Safety.

The Height and Weight was for Perkins a LB and not a RB. Boles is strong as an ox but shuff is alot fast he ran a 4.38 laser timed at Wofford Camp this summer. .2 seconds is alot faster when your talking about football. You can't hit what you can't catch :popcorneater: Greeneville knows all about those short, strong, and fast RB's they did play Ahmad Bradshaw in 2001 and 2002.

Baxley is 5'11 190 lb. Benches 300 lb so the he ain't big and strong enough bla bla gets old . Not to mention his squat strength . I agree with gc just give GreeneVille all the awards and everybody will be happy . He has never played corner or safety and thats because he is strong and quick and reads offenses great . People just ramble on about junk they know nothing about

The Height and Weight was for Perkins a LB and not a RB. Boles is strong as an ox but shuff is alot fast he ran a 4.38 laser timed at Wofford Camp this summer. .2 seconds is alot faster when your talking about football. You can't hit what you can't catch :popcorneater: Greeneville knows all about those short, strong, and fast RB's they did play Ahmad Bradshaw in 2001 and 2002.

What colleges are looking at Shuffler? If he is a true 4.3, he has got to be getting some offers.

Baxley is 5'11 190 lb. Benches 300 lb so the he ain't big and strong enough bla bla gets old . Not to mention his squat strength . I agree with gc just give GreeneVille all the awards and everybody will be happy . He has never played corner or safety and thats because he is strong and quick and reads offenses great . People just ramble on about junk they know nothing about

If he really can bench 300 lb I'd be very surprised seeing how only about 3 guys on gville can do that and they're all linemen!! But even if he can it doesn't mean he's a good player.. He's not as good as Perkins or Thornton. PERIOD.. they're 2 of the best olb's to play for gville in a long time. They would more than likely start at any school in the state. And you can't put a 190 lb kid at middle lineback for greeneville, it's too small. So he would have no choice other than playin db.

If he really can bench 300 lb I'd be very surprised seeing how only about 3 guys on gville can do that and they're all linemen!!

That kind of surprises me. I remember when I was in High School, there were probably around 10 guys who could bench press 300+lbs. I’m sure that the current Greeneville players are much stronger all around because they work out more, but I figured there would be more of them benching over 300lbs. Do you know what their primary focus is regards speed and strength training?