Karns @ Hardin Valley

presby28

I guess the chances of Karns having success next year will for sure lie on the shoulders of the upcoming juniors, this senior class had succes has freshman and now as seniors, it would have been nice for Karns to have had coach Witt in place and maybe these seniors would have had success all four years but we will never know, next year will require some young men to step up but I think coach Witt and staff are up for the challenge, the best thing is we have a winning season even if everyone wants to say we have not played anyone the truth is HVA had success last year against a week league and have struggled this year, thinking their win against Bearden was big and maybe in years past would have been but they are down as well, just look at the facts HVA won last year with allot of players that was at Karns as freshman and many would have stayed if we would have had a good coaching staff, my point is this Karns may very well fall off next year but thats next year lets enjoy what we have done this year and we will start worrying about 2012 the day after we lose in the PLAYOFFS. GOOD LUCK KARNS

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea Go Karns I think you see the obvious assumption that Karns will be awful next yr. Not taking anything away from them this yr they had a great sr class and it fell in Coach Witts lap but I think we will see if he can cut it next yr when he actually has to coach kids to make them better and I have never heard of playing the 2012 season but celebrating the 2011 season haha gokarns must be seeing the big picture that karns was loaded this yr and next yr just might take some coaching and oh yea hardin valley 31 and beavers 7

Yea Go Karns I think you see the obvious assumption that Karns will be awful next yr. Not taking anything away from them this yr they had a great sr class and it fell in Coach Witts lap but I think we will see if he can cut it next yr when he actually has to coach kids to make them better and I have never heard of playing the 2012 season but celebrating the 2011 season haha gokarns must be seeing the big picture that karns was loaded this yr and next yr just might take some coaching and oh yea hardin valley 31 and beavers 7

Karns is still learning how to win no question about it. The HVA game was proof of that. They made way too many mistakes. They return 8 starters on offense and 6 on defense. The senior class this year deserves much credit for Karns success. They have worked hard and provided good leadership. Next year will take some coaching and another good winter in the weight room, but there are plenty of players with experience and determination to make next season a special one at Karns.

Karns is still learning how to win no question about it. The HVA game was proof of that. They made way too many mistakes. They return 8 starters on offense and 6 on defense. The senior class this year deserves much credit for Karns success. They have worked hard and provided good leadership. Next year will take some coaching and another good winter in the weight room, but there are plenty of players with experience and determination to make next season a special one at Karns.

This game was one of Karns crappiest performances all year. In a grudge match no less. If the play calling isn't a little more diverse (Stewart left or Stewart right was pretty easy to diagnose) it could be a long night at Steve Spurrier field. I'd actually like to see the sophomore QB get a shot to move the team. Who cares about next year. If you're not giving it all for a W this Friday you shouldn't be playing!

This game was one of Karns crappiest performances all year. In a grudge match no less. If the play calling isn't a little more diverse (Stewart left or Stewart right was pretty easy to diagnose) it could be a long night at Steve Spurrier field. I'd actually like to see the sophomore QB get a shot to move the team. Who cares about next year. If you're not giving it all for a W this Friday you shouldn't be playing!

I agree Big tuna. Did not mean to imply that Karns should not do everything they can to be competitive this Friday. I was just responding to the above post that was questioning whether or not Karns will be any good next year. Quarterback next will be a strength. He will bring some different skills to the table. Should be interesting.

Just to set you straight on the facts! You make it seem like it didnt take coaching to get Karns where they are this year. Here are the facts. Karns QB had never played a down of QB in his life before this season.Four of the top 5 receiver had never caught a pass at the varsity level.Three of them didnt even play football last year. Four of the five offensive lineman had zero offensive line experience. One had never played football in his life, two others had never played a down of o line in there life.Karns top returning running back missed the first two games and was not completly healthy until week 5.

The Defense Friday night had seven new starters on the field from last year;One d lineman played soccer his whole life and never suited up for football until this year, another was a back up linebacker last year that had never played line in his life. One new linebacker, one new cornerback, a strong safety that didnt even play football last year; not to mention a new punter, new field goal kicker and a new guy doing kick offs. Sounds like a dream line up thrown in the coaches lap. No coaching needed there, Yes a lot of good athletes, but it is easy to see you know nothing about the program. If you did you would have not wasted your time posting the above statement. It was evident to everyone who had a football player at Karns that this years staff spent about 300 percent more time with these kids than the staff from the last few years. Hard work by the players or coaches will not be a problem moving forward in the program.

Go Beavers!