Marion coach let go

Indian

Read the article, seems he was trying to build the program where it starts ( in the weight room ) I know of 1 school that doesn't even lift during the season...and only 8 workouts are required during the summer break....REALLY gunna get strong with those 8......yea right !!!! The off season is where the games are won !!!! Most of a schools revenue comes from the FB program.... Seems to me Marion FB program is not very high on the list to be sucessful... I wish the guy luck, seems he wanted to go in the right direction but with your hands tied it hard to do

Sounds like one of those graveyard jobs unless they plan on making administrative changes. Takes balls or lack of brains to start 8 freshmen.

Troll for once i agree a swift groin kick is justified in this case!!!! Ya'll Pigtown heroes keep up ur whinning, but until there is a change in the principals office the program will continue to decline... there is no school pride up there anymore i say step up Jasper and climb on a different horse and ride it like u stole it.

Ride it like you stole it s a funny comment coming from the County Seat of Marion County where the Court House has been known to burn do cover up such things. The only squealing like a pig we hear is from Jasper. thumb[1].gif

I think the Whitwell coach will be o.k. He made a lot of progress. They took a lot of injuries that really hurt them down the stretch.

I'm not completely disagreeing with you. I've met Barnhardt and he is a stand-up guy and I think you're right in that Whitwell will give him another chance. But look at the injuries the Pirates have had to deal with. Vic is the kind of guy that inspired his bench to step up and get the job done. I don't think a good coach will use injuries as an excuse.

Look at the Pot calling the Kettle black. He and I both know the truth. That's all I have to say about him

I'm pretty sure many know about him recruiting SP players to come up there...Did he come after Travis last year? Kinda funny how he left cause he thought he wasn't getting enough responsibility at SP then falls flat when given the chance...I dont know him personally but I was told he is a very hard person to get along with...Ole Frankenstein got what was coming to him :roflolk:

Good luck to Coach Boeck and to the Warrior program in the future. Personally I believe MC has taken a giant step backwards but........right or wrong, decision has been made. I also haven't read the article yet; his recruiting quote was likely a spontaneous remark made out of frustration. He's worked all year long being the symbolic whipping boy for MC's lack of success. Man has a right to feel some frustration right now. Give him a break on this one comment. His feelings will likely temper somewhat in the ooming weeks. I don't have a clue to what happened with this program. Anyone who believes one man bears all the blame knows even less than I do. I admire him for not quitting; I wouldn't have blamed him if he had though. Seems like a lot of athelets quit him early; I blame parents for that. Just a sad situation all around. Coach Boeck will be fine; I suspect the MC football program will too. Way too many motivated folks involved to allow the present trend to continue. Thanks Coach Boeck for everything. :thumb:

I'm not completely disagreeing with you. I've met Barnhardt and he is a stand-up guy and I think you're right in that Whitwell will give him another chance. But look at the injuries the Pirates have had to deal with. Vic is the kind of guy that inspired his bench to step up and get the job done. I don't think a good coach will use injuries as an excuse.

I never heard him use it as an excuse. I just saw the injury reports mount over the last half of the season. Plus, he didn't have Grider's bench either. thumb[1].gif