10AA Basketball

coachrus

I need "make-up dates" for the following games that were postponed last week:

Pearl-Cohn vs CPA

Hume-Fogg vs David Lipscomb

Maplewood vs Stratford

Hume Fogg vs. David Lipscomb to be played Monday, January 30 at DL.

By the way, congratulations to Lipscomb on a nice 17 point win tonight at Maplewood. After being down by 7 at halftime, Lipscomb totally dominated the second half. Good win for the Mustangs.

Edited by doctorno

Hume Fogg vs. David Lipscomb to be played Monday, January 30 at DL.

By the way, congratulations to Lipscomb on a nice 17 point win tonight at Maplewood. After being down by 7 at halftime, Lipscomb totally dominated the second half. Good win for the Mustangs.

That is impressive. A tough place to play. Tell us about the game and how the Mustangs made a 24 point turnaround in the second half.

That is impressive. A tough place to play. Tell us about the game and how the Mustangs made a 24 point turnaround in the second half.

Hustle, disciplined team play and defense. That's really it. Lipscomb's third quarter play forced Maplewood into lots of one on one play. When that happened Lipscomb made their run. At least that's they way I saw it. By far the best half of ball Lipscomb has played this year.

CPA pretty much punched their ticket as #1 seed in the District tourney with a win at EL tonight. They led the whole game and won by 11, but I was very impressed with EL's quickness and they forced CPA into a lot of mistakes. Lindsey and Alsmiller got in foul trouble early, and one of CPA's better players was sick and didn't dress.

It will be interesting to see who ends up #2,3,4 with EL and DL at 7-3 and Maplewood at 7-4. EL & DL still have a game against each other, and DL and Maplewood have to play at CPA, so I predict EL will finish 2nd, and DL and MP will need a tiebreak to determine #3 seed.

CPA pretty much punched their ticket as #1 seed in the District tourney with a win at EL tonight. They led the whole game and won by 11, but I was very impressed with EL's quickness and they forced CPA into a lot of mistakes. Lindsey and Alsmiller got in foul trouble early, and one of CPA's better players was sick and didn't dress.

It will be interesting to see who ends up #2,3,4 with EL and DL at 7-3 and Maplewood at 7-4. EL & DL still have a game against each other, and DL and Maplewood have to play at CPA, so I predict EL will finish 2nd, and DL and MP will need a tiebreak to determine #3 seed.

Pretty sloppy game. CPA may have had 25 - 30 turnovers. Seems like all the CPA players want to do is dribble the ball. A lot of selfish play. Credit East Lit. If Alsmiller has an off night then EL probably wins the game. Not the kind of game you want to have going into the stretch.

Edited by coachrus

A quick question. If DL were to beat East Lit, and then win the remaining district games except for the CPA game. I believe both DL and East Lit would be tied with identical district records. (Also, assuming EL wins all remaining district games.) What is the tie breaker criteria that would determine the 2nd place team in the district, and of course post-season tournament seeding?

A quick question. If DL were to beat East Lit, and then win the remaining district games except for the CPA game. I believe both DL and East Lit would be tied with identical district records. (Also, assuming EL wins all remaining district games.) What is the tie breaker criteria that would determine the 2nd place team in the district, and of course post-season tournament seeding?

Under that scenario (East Lit and DL split regular season) and assuming both teams end up with the 4 district losses and Maplewood finishes higher than Whites Creek, the tie break should go to DL with its 2 wins over Maplewood and East Lit splitting with Maplewood. As long as Maplewood finishes no lower than 4th, DL is in great shape with head to head tie-breaks if they can win tonight.

Under that scenario (East Lit and DL split regular season) and assuming both teams end up with the 4 district losses and Maplewood finishes higher than Whites Creek, the tie break should go to DL with its 2 wins over Maplewood and East Lit splitting with Maplewood. As long as Maplewood finishes no lower than 4th, DL is in great shape with head to head tie-breaks if they can win tonight.

I think 2nd place was resolved tonite with EL beating DL.

East Literature and Maplewood split the season series

East Literature swept David Lipscomb

David Lipscomb swept Maplewood

This means that:

East Literature was 3-1 in these 4 games, David Lipscomb was 2-2 in these 4 games, and Maplewood was 1-3 in these 4 games.

The Current District Standings

1.) CPA (11-0)

2.) East Literature (9-3)

3.) David Lipscomb (8-4)

4.) Maplewood (8-4)

5.) Pearl-Cohn (6-6)

6.) MLK (5-8)

7.) Stratford (3-8)

8.) Whites Creek (2-10)

9.) Hume-Fogg (1-10)