kingston@polk county

jacketfan82

Kingstons non district schedule was exactly like Polks, had 1 Class A team on it, well not exactly like Polks we did beat the Class A team on ours. Everybody we lost to starts thier playoff run Friday night which includes a then #1 CAK, Alcoa(no adjectives needed), and a good 5A Lenoir City team. I think it will be a good football game. 3 TDs? That is borderline arrogance, but I won't call you a jackwagon.

Oliver Springs, Harriman, and Rockwood are all "Class A" ....all on Kingstons schedule.. Polk had one "Class A" opponent, South Pitt.

well not exactly like Polks we did beat the Class A team on ours.

Y'all should call SP, they're always looking for opponents!!!

Edited by Charlie Murphy

Kingston w/ Foster is one of the better teams in East Tennessee....for 2 quarters.

The Jackets have played everone on their schedule tough in the first half, then for whatever reason, they fold up like a cheap suit after halftime.

I do not know if it is a failure to make adjustments at the half, or a team that plays A LOT of players BOTH WAYS for 4 quarters simply runs out of gas.

I am more inclined to believe the latter.

Polk is very balanced and Saxe is not the only player they have. The offensive execution against Signal was flawless and they did get some breaks from Price being Price. But they beat a good team on the field that night.

I see Kingston hanging around until halftime and Polk pulling away with a couple of late scores. That offense can run a D ragged because you have to defend the whole field and Kingston, I do not believe, can not get an early lead and hold Polk off late. King needs to develop his YOUNG talent and not ride 15 upperclassmen for 4 quarters, 10 games straight.

Good Luck to both. :hungry:

Kingston w/ Foster is one of the better teams in East Tennessee....for 2 quarters.

The Jackets have played everone on their schedule tough in the first half, then for whatever reason, they fold up like a cheap suit after halftime.

I do not know if it is a failure to make adjustments at the half, or a team that plays A LOT of players BOTH WAYS for 4 quarters simply runs out of gas.

I am more inclined to believe the latter.

Polk is very balanced and Saxe is not the only player they have. The offensive execution against Signal was flawless and they did get some breaks from Price being Price. But they beat a good team on the field that night.

I see Kingston hanging around until halftime and Polk pulling away with a couple of late scores. That offense can run a D ragged because you have to defend the whole field and Kingston, I do not believe, can not get an early lead and hold Polk off late. King needs to develop his YOUNG talent and not ride 15 upperclassmen for 4 quarters, 10 games straight.

Good Luck to both. :hungry:

I've seen Polk play several times and Saxe is thier only consistent threat, not saying thier qb can't make plays, he can ,overall Polk is slow and ball control suits them. If you can take away thier number one option (Saxe) and force them into something else you can prepare for them, if you can't it will be along nite, kingston I have not seen but one of the better teams in east tn that is a stretch even for 2 qts. If they are then they should be up by half cause Polk is not one of they best in east tn, maybe south east but not the entire east.

Edited by anotherback

kingstons 3 single A games are against rivals,within 15 miles apart from another,and have been playing those games since football pretty much started,its a rivarly game traditionally,and a big gate for all schools,maryville plays alcoa,and thats a big enrollment issue,but its a game that everyone wants to see,and a huge gate for the schools,and cak is better now then they was a couple years ago when they beat polk,trust me,and alcoa isnt down,just had the injury bug,and hitting there stride as playoff time comes around,and kingston dont run outta gas,there coaching staff isnt the greatest ever,lots of dumb calls,if the rumors are true,then this will be kings last year,like i stated be4,i like this matchup,should be a good game,but no blowout,unless kingston falls apart at halftime that is.

Oliver Springs, Harriman, and Rockwood are all "Class A" ....all on Kingstons schedule.. Polk had one "Class A" opponent, South Pitt.

Y'all should call SP, they're always looking for opponents!!!

Then why wouldn't they play Alcoa? They might always be looking for opponents - just not tough ones!

The good thing is that we are all entitled to our own opinions. I have seen Polk play a number of times this year - some good games, some bad games. I agree that Polk relies a lot on big #39, but I do not believe that he is their only threat. Polk had 3 losses this year - the big man scored in all three of them, not sure of the yardage, but pretty sure he was close to 100 yards against Bradley and Central - not sure about the SP game. On the other hand, SM held him to 30 yds and they still won that game. As for me, I have a lot of confidence in 24, 33, and 35.

As for the weak schedule and/or district. Unfortunately we can't really control the strength of our district. It is what it is, but I agree, it is not that strong. As for the other teams - Bradley, WV, SP, SM, Chatt Central and Chatt Christian are all pretty good teams. Yeah, I know WV and Chatt Central had terrible records, but regardless their was some talent on those teams.

Now, on the topic of the game, I have to agree with the Jacket fans, can't see Polk winning going away, by 2 TD's or even 3. I think this will be a hard fought game and will go down to the wire. I'm still picking the boys in red 21-20 but only because they are at home.

Edited by Knockemsoxoff

Game day finally. Good luck to both teams tonight and I hope there is no injuries. I have coached most of these seniors when they first started playing football in little league. Would love to see them get the win tonight. hoping for a big night from Saxe and Akins. Also look for 33 Mull to be a factor on the offense. Looking for 40 Farmer and 35 Miller to have a big night for the defense. Kingston fans have a safe trip down to Benton tonight.

going away huh? may i ask why do you beleive this? my reason to think the game will be close is that kingston has alot of talent,there pretty big,got some speed,and plays in the hardest 3a region in the state,and also the 3 losses they have are 2 playoff teams,2 of them is or have been #1 in the state as well,kingston competed for a little while as well,not saying whos going to win this game,i think it will be one of the best game in the state friday night,but i dont think it will be any blowout for either team.

Yep GOING AWAY HUH. I believe this because in my assessment Polk is a superior team. Strength of schedule is better, talent is better, scheme will probably be better. All that equals, at least to me, better team. Better team = Round 2. Worse team = better basketball. As for the best game in the state tonight. . . I don't see it in the top 10. Polk will have the opportunity to call off the dogs late tonight if they choose to do so. Not questioning the heart or determination of Kingston but in the play offs there are a lot of bugs & only a few windshields. Tonight, in my assessment, the yellow jackets meet their windshield.

Looking forward to comeing to Benton tonight. I won't even try to perdict the outcome of this one I gave up on trying to figure out the Jackets after the LC game if the team that played Loudon shows up it should be a good one but if the 2nd half team that played LC, CAK and Alcoa shows up tonight it will be ugly.

Go Jackets

Good luck to our fellow District 4AA brethren Kingston tonight. I'm sure you will play hard. I haven't seen Polk this year but based on last years team they will be physical and inspired. But I believe the Jackets have some physical players as well. I don't recall Polk being much of a passing team, but maybe my memory fails me. Any way, I would expect them to run it right at you. I think Kingston can make a game of it if they don't have all the turnovers that plagued them against us. It will hurt you not having #22 healthy. Good luck to both teams for an injury free game tonight. I hope we get to see the winner of this game next week in Knoxville.