Oak Ridge @ McMinn County

tnchad1980

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

I agree blitz. I have even said in previous post that some of our players did not play fairly, however, after talking to my son and reading recent post I'm beginning to see that some of this stuff went both ways. Our guys did have some late hits and the refs were terrible, but there were a few things the cats did as well. 1 example...Just like the above post throwing the Cherokee helmet on the ground...that was a terrible hit the refs did not call for McMinn. Rather than the OR player helping our man up and handing him his helmet, he walks away and throws it.

We lost, OR was the better team, coaches allowed too much on the field as well as the refs, but OR should also acknowledge that a handful of your players acted the way several of ours did.

I was basically called an idiot by a McMinn Co poster before the game and, while not on these threads, actually stood up for the 'kees' when people told me that the 'kees' were going to play dirty. I chalked it up to a team that took a loss and even told several people that it's not been your style.

I said it once before not all of the 'kees' acted that way...O.K.!! I got on this thread because I was amazed at what I saw and frankly...the players and coaches need to hear whats being said. Silence would be to condone it... that I will never do. I was on the wildcats too when they were running around cussing and grabbing themselves all night long, because they needed to hear it.

I hope you can get your ship turned around. There was a lot of talent on your sideline.

As far as the player with the helmet, he dropped the helmet, he didn't throw the helmet. Could he have handed the player his helmet, yes thats true.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was basically called an idiot by a McMinn Co poster before the game and, while not on these threads, actually stood up for the 'kees' when people told me that the 'kees' were going to play dirty. I chalked it up to a team that took a loss and even told several people that it's not been your style.

I said it once before not all of the 'kees' acted that way...O.K.!! I got on this thread because I was amazed at what I saw and frankly...the players and coaches need to hear whats being said. Silence would be to condone it... that I will never do. I was on the wildcats too when they were running around cussing and grabbing themselves all night long, because they needed to hear it.

I hope you can get your ship turned around. There was a lot of talent on your sideline.

As far as the player with the helmet, he dropped the helmet, he didn't throw the helmet. Could he have handed the player his helmet, yes thats true.

I know Elliott, the kid who did the helmet thing...He is a class kid, and i am sure he meant nothing by it. I saw him get cheap shotted about 3 times last night, so i am assuming it was just a little frustration on his part from that. Other then that, he is a classy standup individual..They don't come much better.

I know Elliott, the kid who did the helmet thing...He is a class kid, and i am sure he meant nothing by it. I saw him get cheap shotted about 3 times last night, so i am assuming it was just a little frustration on his part from that. Other then that, he is a classy standup individual..They don't come much better.

Your darn right!!!!

Edited by 3wiggle

Just a few things to point out on that play. Helmet come off during play before whistle and he just came out of the pile with it. Don't know if anyone saw how it came off the player or not. Late in the game and after the way the Cherokee's had been playing, why should any of thr OR players walk around like looking for who was missing equipment. Our players did keep helping the other players up, and the other players kept taking cheap shots right up until the last play of the game.

Cherokeefan, you need to get over yourself just a bit. The number of cheap shots and late hits the Cats had to endure last night is unacceptable. The kids from both teams are at enough risk of injury on any given play that neither team should have to tolerate that behavior. The officials obvioulsy were not interested in trying to stop it, nor was your coaching staff, so I think our frustration is more than justtified. No player for any team has the right, nor is it their privilege, to injure any opposing player. No one wants to see a player from either team injured unnecessarily. Yeah, we had a few personal fouls as every team does in any game and we were called for them. OR, did not however, continue obvious late hits after the plays were blown dead. As pointed out, OR recently had a period that was not our proudest, but there are multiple posts on this thread from OR fans giving your team, facilites, parents, and players praise. So drop the class warfare argument. It's not working.

I have watched the ground shot taken just a few feet away from the helmet play to which you refer. Elliott was wearing his padded cast and can't grab with his right hand. He extended the cast arm towards the Cherokee player and the padded part was pressed up against his helmet and as he raised his left hand it just popped off. If that play is the only play that you point to as Oak Ridge playing cheap. I am sorry to say, You are wrong in this case. He looked as shocked as anyone in the stadium as he looked down at the helmet in his hand He then dropped it where he stood. I will send you the film if you like. I have been watching high School football for over 40 years and I have never seen a team celebrate a late hit on the closing play of a game like they did. To allow the players #51 and I believe #55 to keep playing forms my opinion on the coaching staff. I believe they were the dirtiest team we have ever played and a few select players seem to be proud of it.

Edited by DCCATVOICE

I have watched the ground shot taken just a few feet away from the helmet play to which you refer. Elliott was wearing his padded cast and can't grab with his right hand. He extended the cast arm towards the Cherokee player and the padded part was pressed up against his helmet and as he raised his left hand it just popped off. If that play is the only play that you point to as Oak Ridge playing cheap. I am sorry to say, You are wrong in this case. He looked as shocked as anyone in the stadium as he looked down at the helmet in his hand He then dropped it where he stood. I will send you the film if you like. I have been watching high School football for over 40 years and I have never seen a team celebrate a late hit on the closing play of a game like they did. To allow the players #51 and I believe #55 to keep playing forms my opinion on the coaching staff. I believe they were the dirtiest team we have ever played and those players seemed to be proud of it.

Well I agree.... But according to some, we are more classless for saying they played dirty than the players taking cheap shots all the way to the final seconds are. If you can make sense of it, your a better man than me. Just a reply from a desperate fan trying to come up with something to deflect the attention from from the dirty players and coaches.

McMinn's sophomore QB played very well tonight. He did have a couple errors but overall he is NOT the reason McMinn did not come home with the win. OR out played McMinn hands down. They were better coached and better disciplined. Personal fouls game after game after game after game shows a lack of respect for team mates, a lack of respect for the game and a lack of respect for the coaches. Personal fouls have been a problem for this team all year long and it seems to be obvious that it has gone unnoticed hence the ejection of our QB against Bradley. One player is proud to have a nickname because of his 10 personal fouls this year.

This team has done great things this year and I am very proud to come home as district champs. It's just very disappointing to hear a coach say his offense was affected by the passing plays because of a new QB. We had receivers give up tonight. Three different times 2 separate WR quit running. That is not the QB fault. We tried running #2 all night long. Didn't work.

Good season Cherokees. Keep your heads up.

As a Cherokee parent, please know that I agree with you 100%. I am also embarrassed that our coaches allow so much from the players. But, some of parents do teach our kids to play with respect & love for the game.

Just a few things to point out on that play. Helmet come off during play before whistle and he just came out of the pile with it. Don't know if anyone saw how it came off the player or not. Late in the game and after the way the Cherokee's had been playing, why should any of thr OR players walk around like looking for who was missing equipment. Our players did keep helping the other players up, and the other players kept taking cheap shots right up until the last play of the game.

Cherokeefan, you need to get over yourself just a bit. The number of cheap shots and late hits the Cats had to endure last night is unacceptable. The kids from both teams are at enough risk of injury on any given play that neither team should have to tolerate that behavior. The officials obvioulsy were not interested in trying to stop it, nor was your coaching staff, so I think our frustration is more than justtified. No player for any team has the right, nor is it their privilege, to injure any opposing player. No one wants to see a player from either team injured unnecessarily. Yeah, we had a few personal fouls as every team does in any game and we were called for them. OR, did not however, continue obvious late hits after the plays were blown dead. As pointed out, OR recently had a period that was not our proudest, but there are multiple posts on this thread from OR fans giving your team, facilites, parents, and players praise. So drop the class warfare argument. It's not working.

If you will read ALL my posts you will see that not all Cherokee were happy with Friday night's performance. Yes we had some guys that played very dirty. And I hate that the coaches allowed it. They have allowed it all year long. BUT...my last post was made after talking to my son and was told several things that just aren't seen from the stands. So, my feelings still remain that I was embarrassed at our coaching staff and several of our guys. (ESPECIALLY #51 whose nickname is personal fouler (his last name is fowler). Having such nickname would be a slap in most players face...but not his.) But not all OR players were as clean as some of you are making it out to be.

So don't tell me to get over myself when I am the 1st Cherokee person on here agreeing that our team has some players that play way too dirty. Worry about your next game instead. Good luck in round 2.

If you will read ALL my posts you will see that not all Cherokee were happy with Friday night's performance. Yes we had some guys that played very dirty. And I hate that the coaches allowed it. They have allowed it all year long. BUT...my last post was made after talking to my son and was told several things that just aren't seen from the stands. So, my feelings still remain that I was embarrassed at our coaching staff and several of our guys. (ESPECIALLY #51 whose nickname is personal fouler (his last name is fowler). Having such nickname would be a slap in most players face...but not his.) But not all OR players were as clean as some of you are making it out to be.

So don't tell me to get over myself when I am the 1st Cherokee person on here agreeing that our team has some players that play way too dirty. Worry about your next game instead. Good luck in round 2.

Thanks for the classy post,

I agree, i am sure OR players didn't have any halo's surfacing above their heads either, but the visible dirty play that i saw was clearly upon the Mcminn Co players #51 and #55 specifically. And really, i blame Coach Cagle more then i do them. Any coach with any respect for the game or his opponent would have taken them kids out of the game. He should be talked to by the Mcminn Athletic director if you ask me, horrible behavior for a grown man. These are kids we are talking about, he is a grown man. And especially needs to be talked to if this has been going on all year, hello??!! They say a teams play on the field reflects the attitude and demeanor of their coach a lot of the times...What does that tell you? HMMMMM

Edited by SweetScience

Thanks for the classy post,

I agree, i am sure OR players didn't have any halo's surfacing above their heads either, but the visible dirty play that i saw was clearly upon the Mcminn Co players #51 and #55 specifically. And really, i blame Coach Cagle more then i do them. Any coach with any respect for the game or his opponent would have taken them kids out of the game. He should be talked to by the Mcminn Athletic director if you ask me, horrible behavior for a grown man. These are kids we are talking about, he is a grown man. And especially needs to be talked to if this has been going on all year, hello??!! They say a teams play on the field reflects the attitude and demeanor of their coach a lot of the times...What does that tell you? HMMMMM

I agree SS. They need to take the same type action that the OR administration was forced to take. No programs above it,but every program does need to do something about it though. I was told from several people, and our coaches even educated our players as to how dirty this game was going to be. That means the opportunity to make the corrections have been there a while. Move on this problem, and lets get back to focusing on football rather than the ugly crap.

McMinns program has a lot of talent and has been, and are very competitive and I for one would love to see them return to the type football thier fans can be proud of.