Henry County vs. Munford

RedSwarm10

Morristown West is very good BUT not in HC's league. I have relatives that attend there and I keep up with them some. Running clock for HC Friday night with the Pat's JV getting plenty of practice. Actually, you may play JV in the first half. I say the JV wins this week.

On a sidebar, I would like to address something that a poster made on a earlier HC thread. He/she said that when/if HC played a team with a skilled QB that your secondary would "get lite up" or something to that nature. I say bring it on. HC's D-Line is so strong this year that it would take more than just a skilled QB to beat you. If HC goes up against such a team they would also need two other components before this QB comes into play. First, the QB would need an O-Line to give him some time to set-up, locate receivers, give receivers time to run routes, and then deliver the ball. Next, the team would need receivers who can get open AND catch the ball. For a team to counter HC's dominate D-Line they would have to have three above average components on the offensive side of the ball. I have seen no team in 5A that can do this. HC's win the gold ball this year and can compete for the gold ball in 6A. It is VERY POSSIBLE that HC is the best team in the whole state this year. I am sure that RW is getting a big belly laugh as he reads this since he has said on numerous posts that I know little about football but those are just a few of my observations.

I once had a good friend and football man tell me that a team that gives up 45 points in a game is not championship caliber, and East gave up 49 to craigmont, I can assure you that HC has a better offense than craigmont and the HC defense is not going to give up 45 to anyone. I think Ridgeway is a threat to take it all and the same could be said for Gallatin, Columbia falls in the category of giving up around forty early in the year so ...... Not sure about the others in the east quads. HC secondary has been very solid this year, when a team is up by forty and the other team begins passing on evethery down against the jv well points and yards should be at a premium. I do not know that I agree with the Warrior on 5a being weak, I think if you compare others to the HC's and Ridgewa then it may seem weak but HC reminds me of some of those Maryville teams in their 4a days.

Morristown West is very good BUT not in HC's league. I have relatives that attend there and I keep up with them some. Running clock for HC Friday night with the Pat's JV getting plenty of practice. Actually, you may play JV in the first half. I say the JV wins this week.

On a sidebar, I would like to address something that a poster made on a earlier HC thread. He/she said that when/if HC played a team with a skilled QB that your secondary would "get lite up" or something to that nature. I say bring it on. HC's D-Line is so strong this year that it would take more than just a skilled QB to beat you. If HC goes up against such a team they would also need two other components before this QB comes into play. First, the QB would need an O-Line to give him some time to set-up, locate receivers, give receivers time to run routes, and then deliver the ball. Next, the team would need receivers who can get open AND catch the ball. For a team to counter HC's dominate D-Line they would have to have three above average components on the offensive side of the ball. I have seen no team in 5A that can do this. HC's win the gold ball this year and can compete for the gold ball in 6A. It is VERY POSSIBLE that HC is the best team in the whole state this year. I am sure that RW is getting a big belly laugh as he reads this since he has said on numerous posts that I know little about football but those are just a few of my observations.

Just curious, which of the 3 does Gallatin not have? (I do not mean to hijack this thread)

Henry Co wins this game by 30+

Just curious, which of the 3 does Gallatin not have? (I do not mean to hijack this thread)

Henry Co wins this game by 30+

I mean no slight toward the Green Wave. When we played Gallatin early in the year (or tried to play), your QB was out with a knee injury and there was still many players on suspension. So I didnt see your team at full strength. At half strength or three quarters strength, you were more than we could handle. Carnes (sp?) did a nice job as QB against us. I know that we helped Gallatin with many penalities and costly fumbles. I hope we get to see the Green Wave take on the Pats. I think it will be good for our region. I dont remember any stand out receivers (and that doesnt mean you dont have any). They could have been out on suspension.

I do have issue with this post in that there will be plenty of "tests" between now and Dec. 2nd. As a matter of fact Memphis East has a very good football team..one that the Patriot coaching staff thought it worthy enough to go scout a few weeks ago as they played on a Thursday night. Furthermore, Ridgeway is very talented and their losses have been to some "heavy weights" including Skyline, TX, White Station, and Whitehaven. As much as I'd love to see a Henry County/Dyer County match up in Paris...they would have to beat the Roadrunners in Memphis for that to happen...and I'm not real optimistic about that happening!

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT, TIRED OF PEOPLE SAYING EASY ROAD TO COOKVILLE. FACTSONLY THIS IS WHAT I MEAN. PEOPLE NEED TO BE WORRIED ABOUT IF OUR RUN GAME GET STOP WHAT THE CRAP WE GOING TO DO.

It's their job to go scout their playoff competition. East is not as good as advertised, but they have some athletes. Ridgeway is not as good as in recent years. I actually don't see any test out there at all. Gallatin barely beat Beech, and Beech is just fair. The other side of the state has very little to offer.

East is simply a "big play" team! The thing you must guard against (as always) are turnovers..turn the ball over and let them make a couple of big plays, and you'll have a tussel. One thing that is unusual about this East team is the fact that unlike other city teams, their kicking game is pretty good..KO's into the end zone, good snapper and punter, and place kicker..range about 40 yds. Must guard against the big play against this bunch! Ridgeway, and I'll say this again..Is playing exceptionally well right now! Backs are healthy and can fly! Defense is quick and secondary is sound. Only question mark is...how much have they improved their special teams?..Oops..make that, do they have any this year? (last year they had none).Should be interesting!

Edited by visionaire

It's their job to go scout their playoff competition. East is not as good as advertised, but they have some athletes. Ridgeway is not as good as in recent years. I actually don't see any test out there at all. Gallatin barely beat Beech, and Beech is just fair. The other side of the state has very little to offer.

I wouldn't read too much into the Gallatin-Beech game. I was wanting to go to that one, but couldn't. I did have two buddies who went and watched it though. Beech played very well, and Gallatin did not play well at all. Those same two also saw Gallatin play Brentwood earlier in the year. From what they have told me, if we meet Gallatin, we are in for a game. And while I agree that Ridgeway is not as good as recent years, they are probably quite a bit better than you are giving them credit for. I believe we will demolish Memphis East if we meet them, Rideway should be a better game, although I still expect us to win, and Gallatin should be a good game. I would be shocked if we don't face a test in these playoffs. We are good, but we haven't played the best of opponents out there yet.

It's ridiculous that people out there still don't think Henry County is something special. Our starters our playing the 1st half only and putting up scores like 42-0 at halftime. If our starters stayed in til the final whistle, we might be putting up triple digits in a game or two!

Edited by HCHSREDSWARM

It's ridiculous that people out there still don't think Henry County is something special. Our starters our playing the 1st half only and putting up scores like 42-0 at halftime. If our starters stayed in til the final whistle, we might be putting up triple digits in a game or two!

Henry County is the best team in 5A right now. There are 5 more games to win before anything to be declared special. There are teams good enough out there for an upset. Listen to RedStorm10.