Centennial at Tullahoma

binns37388

Congratulations to Centennial. I was very impressed with the Cougars defense. Tullahoma has made big plays all season, but couldn't tonite against a very fast Centennial defense. It didn't help that RB Trey Burks didn't play, but Tullahoma QB Jared Davis threw 2 interceptions in the 1st quarter in the Cougars red zone with Tullahoma having a chance to get ahead early. Late in the first half with the Cats trailing 10-0, they opted to try and get one more play with 7.1 sec left in the half and then try a field goal. It backfired and the clock ran out and Tullahoma came up with nothing. The Cougars opened the 2nd half with a long drive that took over 8 minutes off the clock, scored and went up 17-0. Tullahoma couldn't score on their next drive and that was basically the game. Centennial played well on both sides of the ball and didn't make mistakes. There wasn't many penalites in the game. An unlikely match-up in the next game with Centennial hosting Lenior City who upset Columbia on the road. Centennial, a #6 seed, should host Lenior City, a #7 seed. I hate it for the outstanding seniors for Tullahoma to end the season this way, but it was a season to remember. The Cats finish with a 8-3 record. Good luck Centennial against Lenior City next Friday night.

Congratulations to Centennial. I was very impressed with the Cougars defense. Tullahoma has made big plays all season, but couldn't tonite against a very fast Centennial defense. It didn't help that RB Trey Burks didn't play, but Tullahoma QB Jared Davis threw 2 interceptions in the 1st quarter in the Cougars red zone with Tullahoma having a chance to get ahead early. Late in the first half with the Cats trailing 10-0, they opted to try and get one more play with 7.1 sec left in the half and then try a field goal. It backfired and the clock ran out and Tullahoma came up with nothing. The Cougars opened the 2nd half with a long drive that took over 8 minutes off the clock, scored and went up 17-0. Tullahoma couldn't score on their next drive and that was basically the game. Centennial played well on both sides of the ball and didn't make mistakes. There wasn't many penalites in the game. An unlikely match-up in the next game with Centennial hosting Lenior City who upset Columbia on the road. Centennial, a #6 seed, should host Lenior City, a #7 seed. I hate it for the outstanding seniors for Tullahoma to end the season this way, but it was a season to remember. The Cats finish with a 8-3 record. Good luck Centennial against Lenior City next Friday night.

Really enjoyed listening to your broadcast on the 'net. In this day of every college game on TV, it has been a long time since I listened to a game on radio. Very easy to follow the flow of the game and while the disappointment was obvious in your voice, there was no "homerism". Again, good job and next time I need a vehicle, I may come see Al White.

This was a game Tullahoma could have and should have won. Centennial's offense could not move at all against the defense. The play calling by the coach(es) on the first two drives that Tullahoma had when they got down into the red zone was ludicrous. i.e. Second drive, you have the ball second and 1. OK, burn a down to take a shot at the end zone and then if it does not work out, run for the first down on the next play. Add the bad play selection to the QB having another game where he laid an egg and it spelled disaster and gave all the momentum to Centenial. It was just a matter of time before the defense got wore down and Centenial could begin to move the ball. A better job by the coach(es) and a QB that has some sense and the results would have been far different.

Really enjoyed listening to your broadcast on the 'net. In this day of every college game on TV, it has been a long time since I listened to a game on radio. Very easy to follow the flow of the game and while the disappointment was obvious in your voice, there was no "homerism". Again, good job and next time I need a vehicle, I may come see Al White.

I heard nothing but praise from Tullahoma administrative people this morning concerning Centennials coaches and players. They are a class act and your community should be proud. You need to keep this staff together. The future seems bright for your program. If I had to nit pick a little, the numbers on their jerseys were a little hard to see and maybe a new set would be better. Good luck against Lenior City.

Edited by binns37388

I heard nothing but praise from Tullahoma administrative people this morning concerning Centennials coaches and players. They are a class act and your community should be proud. You need to keep this staff together. The future seems bright for your program. If I had to nit pick a little, the numbers on their jerseys were a little hard to see and maybe a new set would be better. Good luck against Lenior City.

Maybe add a blue helmet instead of white helmet.

Heck it was very simple. Tullahoma was out coached plus the Cougars wanted the game more. The Cougars were very determined. Wildcat coaches pushed the panic button when CHS went up 17-0 3rd qtr. Looked to me like THS staff was in the twilight zone.

Coaches in the "Twilight Zone." That is a good way to describe what happened. The only change I would make is that they started the game that way. The very first series it was evident that the first few plays were already called before the game began. They did not have enough sense to adjust after getting into the game. Anyway, congratulations to Centenial and good luck the rest of the way.

Coaches in the "Twilight Zone." That is a good way to describe what happened. The only change I would make is that they started the game that way. The very first series it was evident that the first few plays were already called before the game began. They did not have enough sense to adjust after getting into the game. Anyway, congratulations to Centenial and good luck the rest of the way.

You are right, but I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. Secondary played too soft. CHS adjusted and marched right down the field.