Oakland @ Mt. Juliet

nrgrizzlies

Honestly, Oakland fell off this season. All of your comments (if Oakland didn't turn the ball over twice in the redzone, and the fumble later on) are excuses for the Oakland fans and they can use them to feel better. People make these excuses all the time...the fact is, all of these things happened in the game, and they got their butts kicked. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Mt. Juliet is the better team right now...and Mt. Juliet will take care of Oakland this Friday.

I'm not making excuses, it's all the truth. Oakland is a good team they may not have the record mj do and mj may be the better team. However, Oakland is good enough to bear mj and I definitely would love to see them do it!

I don't think runninblind said that. I believe Maryville could be 1st or 4th in 7AAA. 4 or 5 teams in 7AAA have the capablity to beat a Maryville team. Time will tell if they can.

The question to me is how good would Maryville at the end of the season playing in 7AAA. Undefeated? Maybe, but doubtful. As it is now, they are better set up for a playoff run because they dont get the injuries and flat out wearing down of such a touch district schedule.

The question to me is how good would Maryville at the end of the season playing in 7AAA. Undefeated? Maybe, but doubtful. As it is now, they are better set up for a playoff run because they dont get the injuries and flat out wearing down of such a touch district schedule.

Possibly, however, being battle tested may also set a team up well for the playoffs.

Maryville would not be as dominate in 7AAA for the simple reason we do NOT have open zoning to get kids from in Rutherford County. They would compete and be VERY good, but they would NOT be as dominate as they are now.

I am willing to bet if Blount Count stoped open zoning you would see them all fall off. I know Rankin WOULD leave. While Coach Quarles LOVES it there, some of the BIG offers he has historically turned down, might look more appealing from a couple of privates. I know they WOULD call more often.

.Any of the top 3 teams in 7AAA would beat Maryville this yr..Maryville is talented but they are down this yr..

He didn't say that ? Hmm , 3 teams would beat Maryville so we wouldn't even make 4th place ?

While you guys are doing the IF game , why not just say IF Maryville was in GA. , then 7AAA might actually have a 6A state championship under their belt .

We're pretty used to always losing these imaginary games in the Imaginary Football League ... definitely Coach Quarles's weak spot ... he never wins in this league . :roflol:

I agree 7AAA is toughest district in state...Maryville will not repeat as state champs and do not play the caliber of the teams in 7AAA week in and week out...Any of the top 3 teams in 7AAA would beat Maryville this yr..Maryville is talented but they are down this yr...Mt juliet just has a lot of weapons on offense and just tough to defense...But good luck to your Pats and maybe they can make me eat crow...lol

I know this is the MJ/Oakland thread but i missed this earlier and just found this post. Cant beleive i missed it. Maryville is not down. They are actualy pretty good. Not saying they cant be beat this year but that has not happened yet.

Ok back on track. Good luck Pats. Get it done.

Edited by milo118

the only way mt. juliet loses this game is if they don't even take the field! oakland shouldn't even waste the trip!! MJ's offense is loaded but everyone already knows that. what people don't know is about their defense. they give up an average of 12.7 pts per game but that number is misleading. mj is usually up by 30 or more early in the second half and their backups come in. i'm willing to bet more than half of the points they have allowed have come from their second string being in the game. this game will not even be close by halftime. mj's defense will blow up oakland's so called ground and pound waste the clock run game and get the ball to their high powered can't be stopped offense. mj will walk through the "big bad 7-AAA" all the way to the title game!! MJ ALL THE WAY!!!

I agree this will make good bulletin board material. They think the only way you guys can win is if they don't even take the field. Now if that does not get ya FIRED UP not sure what will!!!! GOOD LUCK Patriot!!!!

Edited by BullyDog

Thats my point...Week in and week out 7AAA beats up on each other...Maryville has a good team...I just dont think this year they are as great as in past years...

Maryville would not be as dominate in 7AAA for the simple reason we do NOT have open zoning to get kids from in Rutherford County. They would compete and be VERY good, but they would NOT be as dominate as they are now.

I am willing to bet if Blount Count stoped open zoning you would see them all fall off. I know Rankin WOULD leave. While Coach Quarles LOVES it there, some of the BIG offers he has historically turned down, might look more appealing from a couple of privates. I know they WOULD call more often.

Hard not to agree with that one LOD ...Open enrollment in rutherford county would be all out recruting war...lol

I agree this will make good bulletin board material. They think the only way you guys can win is if they don't even take the field. Now if that does not get ya FIRED UP not sure what will!!!! GOOD LUCK Patriot!!!!

Stop the madness all of you with bulliten board material , it's the darn playoffs that's enough motivation there