Oakland @ Mt. Juliet

nrgrizzlies

Maryville would not be as dominate in 7AAA for the simple reason we do NOT have open zoning to get kids from in Rutherford County. They would compete and be VERY good, but they would NOT be as dominate as they are now.

I am willing to bet if Blount Count stoped open zoning you would see them all fall off. I know Rankin WOULD leave. While Coach Quarles LOVES it there, some of the BIG offers he has historically turned down, might look more appealing from a couple of privates. I know they WOULD call more often.

Excellent Point.

Thats my point...Week in and week out 7AAA beats up on each other...Maryville has a good team...I just dont think this year they are as great as in past years...

Coach Quarels has told plenty around town that this could be the best team he has ever had... ever... but yeah, they're down. Really, the closely played games this season tell the whole story...

My guess is, you have only seen the scores and recaps of Maryville and you are building yourself up for a big disappointment if you're judging from that.

Thats my point...Week in and week out 7AAA beats up on each other...Maryville has a good team...I just dont think this year they are as great as in past years...

The good thing is this will be settled on the field if Maryville is fortunate enough to get to Cookeville. In the middle of the decade, before Maryville was fortunate enough to play with the big boys, the Rebels were in a district that featuered a couple of other teams with lofty state rankings and D1 prospects. A district where every Friday night teams beat theirselves up against other good teams. Rebels go undefeated for four years, four state titles.

What I'm saying is it will be settled on the field, and in two 6A championship games Maryville has been in both, won one and middle Tennessee has only one appearance. Win on the field then crow.

My humble opinion is this is the best football team Maryville has put on the field in at least

5 years, maybe as good as any, and I have paid attention to them since the 1970's.

I really don't understand all of this " Maryville " talk ... you 7AAA guys have already let us know how average we are and how lucky we are that we're not in 7AAA.... where real football is played !! Are we having fun yet LOD ?? Man I love playoff time ... lol

Mt. Juliet is in District 9-AAA, but our league is not very good............lol