South Doyle @ Sullivan South

THSVikings2004

Give em something to cheer for and they will cheer. Yeah its all the fans fault. heck you should feel lucky there is anyone but 2 or 3 daddies left in the stands.

What you have up there is a dysfunctional team led by a tantrum throwing Napolean (you know who I mean) supported by a few IDIOTS who have a vested interest in continured butt kissing. And I use the term "team" loosely. There is no team there anymore and wont be under the present circumstances. Don't take my word for it. Ask around.

Did you graduate from DB? Did they teach Reading there? Did you even read my post? Did I blame it "all" on the fans? Read it again, Idiot. And, how does anyone, outside the AD, principle and school board have control over who is on the coaching staff. Nobody has ever called me to ask for my signiture. Sounds to me like your just sticking your nose in as a South Hater from DB. One thing for sure, you, like me, have no say in South's hiring practices. In fact you are a meaningless zero-effect entity on anything going on at South. Good luck to DB in the first round. I wish you could show the same class that the DB players show.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you graduate from DB? Did they teach Reading there? Did you even read my post? Did I blame it "all" on the fans? Read it again, Idiot. And, how does anyone, outside the AD, principle and school board have control over who is on the coaching staff. Nobody has ever called me to ask for my signiture. Sounds to me like your just sticking your nose in as a South Hater from DB. One thing for sure, you, like me, have no say in South's hiring practices. In fact you are a meaningless zero-effect entity on anything going on at South. Good luck to DB in the first round. I wish you could show the same class that the DB players show.

Well all I can tell you is in 2006 DB beat South 44-0. And ever since their fans have been a little on the crazy side. YA THINK!:)

Yeah a DB fan and a South fan and a Central fan....... I was specifically speaking of Idiot supporters not Idiot hirers. I most certainly know the difference. But they are both Idiots.

Bat, you're clueless. It isn't the coaches' fault that South is in a little dip in talent. They are quality coaches and men of character. And the kids at South still don't give up and believe. Good luck to South in the playoffs again! And good luck to DB and all NET!

There is no dip in talent. You will be hearing that for years to come. Quality coaches and men of character? Is there any coach that is not a quality coach and a man of character? That's what I thought. What flavor koolaid they serving today?

Parents: Ask your kids what they learned today? What examples were set for you? How were you treated? Did anyone even act like they cared what you thought? You might be surprised.

No fights please. Just a question. 8 to 10 Freshmen joined the varsity after their season was over, just before the last game and I believe they are still with them for the playoffs. Most of the regulars don't even know them. They did play in the Central game, taking field time from some Sophomores and Juniors.

Not fussing, but is this normal procedure for the other teams in the area?

No fights please. Just a question. 8 to 10 Freshmen joined the varsity after their season was over, just before the last game and I believe they are still with them for the playoffs. Most of the regulars don't even know them. They did play in the Central game, taking field time from some Sophomores and Juniors.

Not fussing, but is this normal procedure for the other teams in the area?

Does it matter what other teams do?? Is this Freshmen Class the same as other Team's Freshmen Class. Would it make you feel better or worse if you find out that Coach Whitten does the same thing, or Coach Norris does the same thing. Not trying to be a smart-alec---but this is normal for South, based on past years. Playing time is and will always be a sensitive subject for parents. One might argue that Freshmen have as much right to play as any other upper classmen. Others would differ. If a coach believes that these Freshmen bring alot of potential to the program, yes, he will play them to keep their interest (baseball and basketball competing for their commitment). It's strictly a coaches decision, hardly ever popular with the parents who have sons who are not starters, just something we parents have to learn to deal with and one of those Life Lessons for the kid. Don't get me wrong, I've had to deal with the same issue, and I sympathize with you---but in all honesty, it really is the coaches decision to make in his program's best interest. Pls don't blast me, it is simply my opinion, so can we just agree to disagree?

Let's just hope the Rebels win as many as DB usually does one game(coaching has been the same for years and they never win outside of this area) maybe if DB can annex all of central,north and South and grab some of there coaches they can finally win something and it looks like they gradually will.

Let's just hope the Rebels win as many as DB usually does one game(coaching has been the same for years and they never win outside of this area) maybe if DB can annex all of central,north and South and grab some of there coaches they can finally win something and it looks like they gradually will.

Are you drunk?

Does it matter what other teams do?? Is this Freshmen Class the same as other Team's Freshmen Class. Would it make you feel better or worse if you find out that Coach Whitten does the same thing, or Coach Norris does the same thing. Not trying to be a smart-alec---but this is normal for South, based on past years. Playing time is and will always be a sensitive subject for parents. One might argue that Freshmen have as much right to play as any other upper classmen. Others would differ. If a coach believes that these Freshmen bring alot of potential to the program, yes, he will play them to keep their interest (baseball and basketball competing for their commitment). It's strictly a coaches decision, hardly ever popular with the parents who have sons who are not starters, just something we parents have to learn to deal with and one of those Life Lessons for the kid. Don't get me wrong, I've had to deal with the same issue, and I sympathize with you---but in all honesty, it really is the coaches decision to make in his program's best interest. Pls don't blast me, it is simply my opinion, so can we just agree to disagree?

I wasn't taking a position either way. Just asking a question. I have been told this has not happened at South. Not 8 or 10 coming aboard the last game of the season. You say it has. OK.

But, since you gave your opinion, I'll give mine. Flat out bad for morale.

Edited by Rebmom13

I wasn't taking a position either way. Just asking a question. I have been told this has not happened at South. Not 8 or 10 coming aboard the last game of the season. You say it has. OK.

But, since you gave your opinion, I'll give mine. Flat out bad for morale.

If players are getting upset over freshmen getting playing time in mop up duty then you've got a bigger problem than morale.