1A and 2A First round Byes

JungleJim125

I do agree unless you are an easy win its hard to get someone to play you! In the Cards case something like Humboldt. Having to drive 3 hours to get your schedule filled. Maybe down the road Humboldt and Adamsville can get togather in regular season. That just might draw a big crowd!

I think that would be a good deal, cause we definately cant find anyone. We have even went down into Mississippi and they dont wont the risk of getting beat.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a little shocked that Riverside got a buy, but their SOS was crazy. The combined record of 5 of the teams we lost to, was 46-4! There was the "bad" loss to Waverly, but I dare say a lot of the teams with 6 or 7 wins would have a different record if they played Riverside's schedule.

I agree! Y'all play hard and we can have us a little rematch! Of course we gotta get by the other teams first!

6 teams in 1a have a 4-6 record and 1 team 5-5 out of the 24 teams that made the playoffs.

3 teams in 2a have a 4-6 record and 3 have 5-5 out of the 24 teams that made the playoffs

6 5-5 teams in 3a made it out of 32 teams.

7 5-5 teams in 4a made it out of 32 teams.

10 5-5 teams in 5a made it out of 32 teams.

2 5-5 teams in 6a made it out of 32 teams.

Therefore, it seams that 9 4-6 teams made it and all are either 1a or 2a. I said in other threads that as small as 1a and 2a are, it would make more sense to have 16 playoff teams in 1a and 2a. As it stands the regular season doesn't even eliminate half the field for the playoffs.

More games = more money for TSSAA! Besides some of those 4-6 teams are better than some 6-4 or 7-3 teams!

Like I said some!

*High-Five* Agreed. Some of those 6-4 and 7-3 teams will end up being 6-5 and 7-4 and some of the 4-6 teams will end up being 5-7 and 6-7 after the play-offs start. Although only 2 teams since 2000 have made it AND WON the Championship with 4 losses. But 7 teams were Runner-Up to the State Champion with 3 losses entering the play-offs, also 2 teams had 4 losses.(NOTE: Division I play-offs)

*High-Five* Agreed. Some of those 6-4 and 7-3 teams will end up being 6-5 and 7-4 and some of the 4-6 teams will end up being 5-7 and 6-7 after the play-offs start. Although only 2 teams since 2000 have made it AND WON the Championship with 4 losses. But 7 teams were Runner-Up to the State Champion with 3 losses entering the play-offs, also 2 teams had 4 losses.(NOTE: Division I play-offs)

None of the 9 4-6 teams this year will make it very far except in cases where they are playing a bigger muffin than them. That will end long before Cookeville though.

i hate the bye week. It is good if you are beat up and need the rest but other than that it makes it hard to keep the focus. Especially, if you get a bad draw and end up with a week 10 bye week as well. Adamsville played Mckenzie on the 21st and will not play again until the 11th. Talk about hurting ol mo.

Riverside was the beneficiary of no other 2a teams in their quad winning or placing second in their district, not their fault. The system is better than rewarding some teams in the past with only one win, but it has a lot of tweaking that needs to happen.

Then their quad should have NO play off team...second season is a reward for playing well and winning, or at least it should be.