Rumors of the next Gibson County football coach

greenmonster1990

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize that the Gibson coaching job was such a wanted position. From what I hear, a lot of applications have been put in and a lot of interviews are being done and have been done.

And I'm pretty sure the coach from Cheatham Co. applied for the job. Gibson definately didn't just call him out of the blue and ask him if he wanted the Gibson job.

Maybe the people that are putting in for this job are looking towards the future and at the possibility of Gibson Co. possibly being in 2A in a few years. In all honesty, dropping to 2A is the only hope for the Gibson football program. If we stay in 3A, it really doesn't matter what coach we have, because we will never be able to compete with Milan, Westview, Covington, Dyersburg etc.

I didn't realize that the Gibson coaching job was such a wanted position. From what I hear, a lot of applications have been put in and a lot of interviews are being done and have been done.

And I'm pretty sure the coach from Cheatham Co. applied for the job. Gibson definately didn't just call him out of the blue and ask him if he wanted the Gibson job.

Maybe the people that are putting in for this job are looking towards the future and at the possibility of Gibson Co. possibly being in 2A in a few years. In all honesty, dropping to 2A is the only hope for the Gibson football program. If we stay in 3A, it really doesn't matter what coach we have, because we will never be able to compete with Milan, Westview, Covington, Dyersburg etc.

That sounds like loser talk to me. Whats the diffence in players that go to the surrounding area schools?

I know Medina, I know, you guys will always be better than Gibson Co. You have more money and a nicer school and rich people and a sonic and cameras at the red lights and big houses and all of that good stuff and oh yea a better football team than Gibson Co.

Fact is, Gibson Co. has a bunch of slow white boys that can't keep up with the much quicker teams in our district. All of the athletes at the schools around us play football. The skilled athletes at Gibson don't play football because of the tradition. I bet if you put Mitchell Simpson and some of the basketball players on the football team, we might win 4 or 5 games a year. Truth be told, dropping to 2A is Gibson's only chance of being competitive in football! Call it loser talk if you want to, it's just the facts as much as I hate to say it.

Edited by GCPioneer

I know Medina, I know, you guys will always be better than Gibson Co. You have more money and a nicer school and rich people and a sonic and cameras at the red lights and big houses and all of that good stuff and oh yea a better football team than Gibson Co.

Fact is, Gibson Co. has a bunch of slow white boys that can't keep up with the much quicker teams in our district. All of the athletes at the schools around us play football. The skilled athletes at Gibson don't play football because of the tradition. I bet if you put Mitchell Simpson and some of the basketball players on the football team, we might win 4 or 5 games a year. Truth be told, dropping to 2A is Gibson's only chance of being competitive in football! Call it loser talk if you want to, it's just the facts as much as I hate to say it.

GCP knws Gibson Co athletes better than anyone on the T

I just moved to medina, and i am not from west tennesse. So this has nothing to do with South Gibson, which even though they made the playoffs never was a good team. Sounds like if you have a lot of slow boys, you need to invest in some speed training. Also a good coach could get the best athletes and players to join the football team. If you just want to whine and complain that you cant compete, that is loser talk. Its all about attitude buddy.

Sounds like you need a fresh face that has no connection to the school and does not give one rip about your tradition. The head coach needs to instill the passion and mindset that any team in TN is beatable,which they are.