7AAA vs Maryville

SCBisondad

Jay Guillermo is awesome, he is their Center...And buddy, i have no idea...Maybe thats why UT sucks right now and Clemson is in the top 25, the team that is recruiting him and who he is verbally committed to. If i was Dooley i would be all over him and Robinette..They are both proven winners, and both smart young men...It baffles me, they are right in your backyard! I think he is the top Center in the United states to be honest with you acccording to rivals or scout..And UT not recruiting him LOL

That V kid that was a lineman for you guys last year then went to play at VANDY, WHY DID HE NOT GO TO UT?????

He was better than the kid from Catholic and the freshman Jackson that played last week for UT. Not even close to as good as your boy. Is that kid getting time at Vandy this year?

That V kid that was a lineman for you guys last year then went to play at VANDY, WHY DID HE NOT GO TO UT?????

He was better than the kid from Catholic and the freshman Jackson that played last week for UT. Not even close to as good as your boy. Is that kid getting time at Vandy this year?

Valedon...Another baffling one...Blade thinks Vandy got a HUGE steal by getting Valedon..Wasnt even remotely looked at by UT...And people wonder why these kids around here don't wanna go to UT when they finally do start recruiting them...Example, Randall Cobb

Yeah but that same Smyrna team is a million times better then they were at the first half of the the season. They lost to us (Riverdale) by I think 7 pts.. Every other game has been a loss les then that. So they have never got "whooped". They are a very good team and should make a great run in the west brackets. They had 4 OT games and that's where part of their losses are stemming from. Now for me on the other hand I'd love to see Riverdale go on and take out Maryville before meeting Smyrna again in the state championship. Now that would be ideal:) just a thought.

But if anyone is taking Smyrna lightly out west because of their record, they are going to lose.

& Maryville aint everything. Back when I attended Riverdale 02-05 football seasons I would have gave anything for Maryville to have been 5a with Riverdale and for us to have taken them out in the playoffs. We finally have a team that can do it, that is all I will say on this subject. All of Rutherford county is producing football teams above normal caliber!

BUT.......IF........WHEN I PLAYED.....come up with something other than ifs and buts.....when you played, please....if a frog had wings......

Edited by Rebels5star

Valedon...Another baffling one...Blade thinks Vandy got a HUGE steal by getting Valedon..Wasnt even remotely looked at by UT...And people wonder why these kids around here don't wanna go to UT when they finally do start recruiting them...Example, Randall Cobb

Valedon yes, he was the best lineman and most athletic lineman I have seen in a while until Jay this year.

Yeah but that same Smyrna team is a million times better then they were at the first half of the the season.

...and you're ####uming Maryville isn't? they played sloppy ball for the first several games this year.....they are better....why do folks think that when their team improves that everyone else is stagnant? :mellow:

Well still waiting how many 6A teams did ya play this year? They have 1 6A state championship out of the 2 that have been played and NO 5A state championships get that NONE!!!!And the one they won 2010 was because Smyrna's center rolled the ball back to the holder with 1 minute left in the game for a 14 yard go ahead field goal. Yes they won not dominated at all like you all think. Yes there is no dought, Maryville has a good football program but it is not as dominating as you make it out. I made no excuses last year when they beat Smyrna I congratulated them and asked them to grill my crow and will do the same this year if they win!!!!

Last year we won without our starting quarterback!

I don't think Maryville would beat Blackman, Smyrna, or Riverdale.

Maybe Oakland and Siegel and definitely Lavergne.

However I do think Oakland will beat MJ.

I may be all wrong but I guess we will see.

Thank you !! Finally a 7AAA fan has said we could maybe beat one team from 7AAA !! :roflol:

I don't know though , didn't Lavergne beat CAK ? Are you sure we could beat them ?

Boy for a fan of the Defending State Champion , I sure am Skeered now !!

Well still waiting how many 6A teams did ya play this year? They have 1 6A state championship out of the 2 that have been played and NO 5A state championships get that NONE!!!!And the one they won 2010 was because Smyrna's center rolled the ball back to the holder with 1 minute left in the game for a 14 yard go ahead field goal. Yes they won not dominated at all like you all think. Yes there is no dought, Maryville has a good football program but it is not as dominating as you make it out. I made no excuses last year when they beat Smyrna I congratulated them and asked them to grill my crow and will do the same this year if they win!!!!

Lets see Maryville wins state last year with a back up QB that played the entire second half and you want to say BECAUSE the center rolled the ball back you lost, what happen to the other 23 mins, you would think ateam could take advantage of having a back up QB taking all the snaps, seems this would be a great advantage, your right NO 5A rings but as far as I can tell Maryville has walked through those 5A teams that are now 6A their first year and lost in state then does it for their second year and wins state, seems that Maryville has been to every state championship in their classification since 2000 except one year and you want to say NOT that dominatant, tell me what team in 7A as done that? its easy to always dislike or discredit the top dog in anything its just human nature but what Maryville and Alcoa has accomplished with the size of their towns and schools is amazing, there is not many counties that have two teams doing what they have done for this long and yes it will come to an end but until Maryville and Alcoa are out of the state for a couple years straight I would say they both are pretty DOMINATANT.