7AAA vs Maryville

SCBisondad

I get what you are saying...it is really annoying when folks post about how much BETTER the football is in places like Texas, California, Ohio, 7AAA, etc...Thank you for summing up my thoughts on this thread. Unfortunately LOD, just beating those teams doesn't make the talk go away. They still think their football is better.

Yes they do! I live in Ohio and i just want to say that I have not seen teams as good as Riverdale 04 up here in the 6 years i have been here! Not even close! I feel the better teams in each state no matter what state can compete and beat teams in any state! Alot of b.s. if you ask me! Just my opinion though! Happy Thanksgiving to all on Coach T! I really do enjoy most of you folks on here! :thumb:

Yes they do! I live in Ohio and i just want to say that I have not seen teams as good as Riverdale 04 up here in the 6 years i have been here! Not even close! I feel the better teams in each state no matter what state can compete and beat teams in any state! Alot of b.s. if you ask me! Just my opinion though! Happy Thanksgiving to all on Coach T! I really do enjoy most of you folks on here! :thumb:

Saim hear warhawks....Jist a werd ov advice....Tham native Ohio fellers iz trickee and sortee smart allicks....Eye wuz down hear pumpin gass att tha markit tha othur day and this feller wif Ohio tags pulled inn wif a ole big campin' rig and traylur and wuz pumpin' gass....(eye thank he wuz headin two tha Smokies)....

Eye askid hem...."Hey buddy whur ewe frum?".....

He sed...."Eye'm frum Sinseenattee".....

Eye sed...."Don't give me that....Eye seen tham Ohio tags on yore truk"....

He didun't say anuthur werd....... :blush:

Edited by STARSNBARS

I get what you are saying...it is really annoying when folks post about how much BETTER the football is in places like Texas, California, Ohio, 7AAA, etc...Thank you for summing up my thoughts on this thread. Unfortunately LOD, just beating those teams doesn't make the talk go away. They still think their football is better.

:roflol: :roflol: Touche'

Saim hear warhawks....Jist a werd ov advice....Tham native Ohio fellers iz trickee and sortee smart allicks....Eye wuz down hear pumpin gass att tha markit tha othur day and this feller wif Ohio tags pulled inn wif a ole big campin' rig and traylur and wuz pumpin' gass....(eye thank he wuz headin two tha Smokies)....

Eye askid hem...."Hey buddy whur ewe frum?".....

He sed...."Eye'm frum Sinseenattee".....

Eye sed...."Don't give me that....Eye seen tham Ohio tags on yore truk"....

He didun't say anuthur werd....... :blush:

No doubt Stars!!! :roflol:

I have all the respect in the world for other teams ....

It seems to me that a lot of people ( not talking smack this week, but had a lot to say about 7AAA recently ) like to "IF AND BUT" Maryville Football and the success of the program ......

I know of one way to prove you are better than a team you like to "IF AND BUT"...

You, sir...Win the thread.

Cookie-Insight.jpg

I love how all these fans from other teams think they need to tell us how to run things here at Maryville . As I've already said countless times this " National Championship " that some of you guys are fixated on is the biggest joke in High school football . There's absolutely no way to determine that without a National Playoff , which will never , ever happen . Maryville is only interested in REAL Championships , not National , or "greatest District on earth" Championships . Why do we need to travel the world when we have great competition right here in State that we've never played ? I'm all for Playing MBA , or Brentwood Academy , or even Ensworth ... not travelling 1000 miles to please some of you guys interested in Mythical titles .

As for you guys saying more attention ... well aren't we ranked already in the top 30 in the Nation in the Rivals ranking ? Gee , I wouldn't even know that if some fans from other teams hadn't posted that ... :roflol:

Things are run well at Maryville and I don't disagree with your most of your thoughts. However, there has been a National Champion since 1911. 100 years! The National Prep Poll/Prep Nation and USA Today are the most respected. This is simular to college football before the BCS and now many of the upper tier programs play. Oakridge claims a title in 1958 and only Tennessee HS was awarded one in 1972 for our great state.

National Champions:

Wikipedia HS National Champs

HS Datbase National Champs

National Rankings in Tennessee:

Rankings in Tennessee

Out-of-State Games:

National Scene

Massey Rankings (Interesting article):

Massey Playoffs

Maryville is the top ranked team in Tennessee by Rivals at 31, not even top 30. Riverdale is 58th and Whitehaven is 85th. How does Tennessee match up across the Nation?

Maryville is not ranked by USA Today or the National Prep Poll (NPP) in top 25 or even top 10 in the South/Southeast Regions. Riverdale is currently ranked 9th in Southeast Region by NPP.

Maryville is not ranked by unapproved website Xcellent 25 or Freeman Rankings. Riverdale is ranked 14th and Ensworth 18th by unapproved website Freeman rankings.

Maryville is ranked 20th by ESPN/Rise Top 50 and 9th in the Southeast Region while Riverdale is 33rd in the region.

Maryville is not ranked by Massey Computer rankings in the top 25. Ensworth is ranked 19th and Riverdale is ranked 24th.

I believe Maryville is superior in Tennessee. Continue to win REAL Championships but, it would be great for Tennessee football to be viewed highly on the National level? That is my point. This not against Maryville, it is for Tennessee football. Let's show our best in Tennessee.

Edited by TheRealTruth

I thought the same thing , funny how some chose to ignore it ... MHS82 brought it !! lol

I apologize. I did not realize the thread was over. Congrats MHS82 on your mythical victory as they say.

Better yet, congrats to Maryville for beating Riverdale and making 3rd straight 6A championship appearance and a shot at two in a row.