Obion vs. Covington

chs15

the video maker is the old guy on inside the wildside hunting show . maybe he will come up to the lake with some of us obion co. boys and do a real video of us putting the smack down on some fat greenheads after we put the smackdown on them covington chargers.

let the williams kid play , he want be a factor for what we got. only one person can run at a time. running behind that line liable to get him hurt again.

i think that song had only 6 words in it. try to come up with your own beat and lyrics

Any time you get a back like Williams back, its going to make a difference. Whether or not he's 100% may make a difference, but if he is he will be on a totally different level than the other players on the field. Williams is a power/fast/elusive back. #5 for covington is the fast/elusive back. #12 and #8 for covington are both fast, but they are more power backs that run people over. Williams is the whole package and if you miss a tackle, hes taking it to the house with breakaway speed. No one is catching him from behind

Point was Williams will be most useful on defense rather than offense. Covington runs the ball just fine without him, but their pass defense isn't so great (rare that any high school team has a good pass defense). But i get your drift, it is never bad to have a kid of his caliber back playing. And just to rep my Rebels, I can think of 3 kids who, if you miss a tackle, you won't catch them from behind. Guess we'll see how it plays out Friday night.

Tape don't lie, OC didn't tackle, didn't wanna tackle, refrained from tackling. Watch the film and watch it with open eyes,to quote the famous Roy Dillard "you think i'm joking but i'm not". To the if'fa, coulda, shoulda..The truth is if OC would've tackled, coulda tackled &/or wanted to tackle they mighta won. They don't play defense, don't tackle and are not physical. Playing tag touch on the turf is not sufficient defense in tackle football. Covington will expose this again as well as block a punt get an onside, rush for miles and take it again. The 2-0 sweep will be definitive

Covington won't need Williams the way OC doesn't tackle. Covington advances with him or without him. Don't think it's a good decision for him to play and risk his bb future. However he, his family and the coaches see no harm playing against OC, they won't tackle him and they are not physical at all. Now to support my proclamation that Obion doesn't play defense and will not tackle. Watch this clip on Youtube. After watching this you may see why he wants to play. Search Obion vs Covington and watch the clip on Youtube. It looks like Coivington is playing against a middle school team. Watch the backs they don't even get touched, Obion players are taking dives to avoid contact. Not one or two , numerous guys. They are running free with no resistance. The defenders not even getting blocked they just don't wanna tackle. The backs aren't big,not exceptional, just OC's defense is non existent, will not tackle, not even touching them. No wonder where these kids got their confidence. Watch you'll be amazed. Watch and give your thoughts. Am I accurate or exaggerating. It is unbelievable. Look for your self.

Edited by StBentley

From what I've gathered from a real reliable source- Williams will not play- he is out for the season. Whether he was in there or not- the task at hand doesn't change- OC has to STOP the Charger ground game- and continue to run the ball on offense behind LD Fair to set up that passing game which was the main ingrediant for success last friday in memphis over Fairley.

If the Rebels can contain the running game, create some turnovers and make plays on the offensive end- they could possibly pull out the victory and Covington can go back

to making more MC Hammer videos.. :roflol:

Some of the comments made about the Covington football players on the you-tube video are horrendous. All of the players in the video have above a 3.0 GPA's. If you would like to verify the information then check with CHS guidance office. People should not stereotype these young men. Like the old saying goes "you should not judge a book by its cover." I am not a fan of either team but after reading those derogatory comments on you-tube I would like to wish Covington's football players and coaches good luck Friday. I am now rooting for the "underdogs!"

Talk about some bulletin board material... if this don't fire up the Rebels, nothing will!

This wouldn't fire me up at all...Just some kids having fun...Its kinda catchy...If they can't get fired up for the simple fact that it's Round 2 of the playoffs and the chance to make it farther than any OC team in history then nothing will be able to...