Obion vs. Covington

chs15

Purple,

I'm sure that they have some boys that can fill the spots, but you dont replace starters and the first guys you have coming off the bench that easily. I believe one of the boys was the leading tackler on the team. You just dont replace those guys that easily. It will hurt the Rebels. And, anyone would have to say that this hurts the Rebels chances of winning, unless they're just being a homer.

I'm picking Covington with a little more surety now. I was at the first game between these 2. It was a great game. BUT, Obion Co. better have learned to tackle better than they did that night, or they might be done. I saw a lot of missed tackles and arm tackling going on that night...and the Rebs are minus their leading tackler now.

Yes, it will hurt somewhat from the aspect of game experience at that particular spot but Jackson put guys in unfamiliar spots last Friday with GREAT success...What I am saying is the OC situation isn't like it would be at Greenfield or Union City because of the shear number of players...Those two teams lose a starting corner and their leading tackler then it would be very bad for their respective defenses...Jackson plugged in three new offensive linemen last Friday and Fair rushed for over 230 yards...

If Covington rushes for nearly 500 yards against OC Friday night it won't be because of the two guys that got suspended/kicked off...Covington did that last game with those two playing...Matter of fact, Covington scored their momentum changing TD right before half by beating the suspended corner...

A little over 24 hours from kick-off. How do yall see this one turning out? With OC having some key players suspended, it will be hard for them to pull off a win, but crazier things have happened and a OC win definitely wouldnt be an upset. Both teams will have to play extremely hard if they want to advance to the next round. Good Luck to both teams

If Obions defense doesnt come ready, it could be even worse than that. But if both come ready i do beleive covington has the better team but this is gonna come down to key situations and who doesnt turn the ball over. Could be a tight game and i'm hoping to see a good one

Being the playoffs, I'd much rather see a blowout than a close game. Just my 2cents.

What people here really need to remember, is that Covington's defense struggled mightly against OC as well. The only reason people are talking about OC having a lask-luster defense is because Covington ended up on top on the score board. Just something for people to keep in mind...

Edited by Maxoutlh