Disrict 13AA

redbirdfan

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Hoop time beginning next week- It's time to start our 13AA previews and predictions- 2010-2011 was a bit of down year for 13AA in the fact that no teams from this district were representing in the last year's State Tourney.

What's this season's outlook for 13AA and who has the edge?? :unsure:

OC and Dyersburg are the teams to beat.

Gibson could compete with either of those 2 depending on how we're shooting in those particular games.

Westview will be down with Taylor Swaim quitting.

Ripley returns the only girl that did all of their scoring for them last year.

Crockett, Haywood, Milan, Covington should battle it out competitvely down at the bottom.

redbird, you guys are going to state....enough said....

Edited by GCPioneer

Don't know GC-- OCCHS has had some kids quit as well.. So past the top 3 scoring threats, don't know who will step up and fill some of the other spots-- they have some talent- just need some experience.

As for State-- yeah if they play like they are capable of, they have a good shot, just like last year's team that won 32 games but fell to Liberty in the Regional Semifinals- that's the 4th straight year OC has not advanced past that crucial game with a sub-state berth on the line.

D'burg will be tough- have most of the scoring back and their point guard..

Could be interesting in 13AA :rolleyes:

LOL at GCPioneer saying Covington will be "battling it out at the bottom" (didn't they beat GC twice last year and only graduated a couple guards?) - I can't wait to point that out to my co-worker from Covington!

they will finish third AHEAD of Westview and GC

I'm picking my Lady Trojans to upset OC for the #1 seed, we looked like we were in January form at UTM during the playday, and I just think OC has more to replace from last year than Dyersburg not even counting getting our point guard back who missed with an ACL last year

hey GC, that'll be a extremely nice do-or-die district tourney opening game though the 'View vs GC loser leave town match!!!

Yea, they graduated a couple of guards and the left handed post that was killing us. Those couple of guards and that left handed post was the team that beat us. I'm going to watch Covington before the Christmas break and I'll give my honest opinion on them when I see them. I wasn't trying to bash them, but more years than not, Covington is fighting it out in the play-in game of the district tournaments. Is Coach Real(sp?) still coaching the girls?

Also, I'll recant my statement on OC winning the district and I'll put Dyersburg in that #1 spot. Jalita and KayKay are a tough duo and will give every team in the district problems because of their athleticism. If I remember correctly, Dyersburg also has some great young talent that just came up. It looks as though Dyersburg should be stacked for the next couple of years.

Yea, they graduated a couple of guards and the left handed post that was killing us. Those couple of guards and that left handed post was the team that beat us. I'm going to watch Covington before the Christmas break and I'll give my honest opinion on them when I see them. I wasn't trying to bash them, but more years than not, Covington is fighting it out in the play-in game of the district tournaments. Is Coach Real(sp?) still coaching the girls?

Also, I'll recant my statement on OC winning the district and I'll put Dyersburg in that #1 spot. Jalita and KayKay are a tough duo and will give every team in the district problems because of their athleticism. If I remember correctly, Dyersburg also has some great young talent that just came up. It looks as though Dyersburg should be stacked for the next couple of years.

no the lefty post is back as is the other post and that lightning fast guard

Real still at Covington so I'm guessing he still the girls coach too

seeds prediction

1) Dyersburg

2) OCHS

3) Covington

4) Westview

5) GCHS

6) Haywood

7) Medina

8) Ripley

9) Milan

10 Crockett

• 3 weeks later...

well, i will eat a little crow because OCHS has done beat Dyersburg at Dyersburg and Gibson at Gibson

but at least I was right about Covington, they must have good defense to hold GC to 38 points

how come that game was so low scoring?

still sticking with my Lady Trojans as #1 seed, we just wanted to make it challenging I guess

OCHS came in ready right off the bat, Laru always has his teams ready whatever school he coaches at and his girls got up right off the bat by 8 after one quarter

it was a horribly reffed ballgame - too rough for high school girls

not complaining that was cause of our loss or that it was one-sided cause it went both ways as they let us clobber their big girl all night and they were reaching in on us all night not many fouls either way - the free throws were more for OC but that is because we had to foul them about 7 or 8 straight possessions at end of game to catch up (but it worked cause we started hitting threes from everywhere in last 3 minutes while they could only hit 1 or 2 FT's each possession so we turned it from down 12 to down 4 at end)

Dude, I'll be honest with you... Gibson is nowhere near what they have been in years past. It's kind of scary for Gibson fans to even think about. The talent level has dropped off dramatically. Hopefully we drop to Single A, like we should after the next reclassification, and dominate at that level. If you look at our team this year, we even look like a Single A team.

Luckily in the first half against OC we were on and our press gave them problems and kept us in the game. In the second half against OC, our threes quit falling and we lost by 4.

Against Covington, we struggled with their athleticism just like we did last year. Coach Deon Real has done a great job with Covington's team. He's a good coach and get's the best out of his players. Gibson wasn't hitting their shots and this game and Covington just really isn't that good offensively. However, their pressure forced us into turnovers and into fast break points for Covington.

I heard that the reffing in that Dyersburg/OC game was pretty bad. I still think Dyersburg is the best team in this district. They're extremely talented and athletic at every spot on the floor. I'm still convinced that KayKay is still the best player in the district as well. Even though she hasn't done this yet, I think she has the ability to take over any game at any time if she really wanted to.

I DONT KNOW ABOUT OFFICIATING ALWAYS BEING BAD IN DYERSBURG. I THINK IT HAS GOTTEN BAD ACROSS NORTHWEST TENNESSEE AND NOT SO MUCH THE CALLS ITS THE WAY THE GAME AND COACHES AND PLAYERS ARE HANDLED. I AM WATCHING A GAME THE OTHER NIGHT AND A KID PICKS UP NUMBER 4 AND THE COACH GOES TO GET THE SUB AND THE REF DOES NOT LET HIM IN. THE NEXT PLAY THE KID FOULS OUT ON A TOUCH FOUL C'MON MAN. I KNOW THERE ANSWER IS IT IS A HOBBY BUT MOST HOBBIES COST MONEY THESE GUYS GET PAID GOOD MONEY TO BE PROFESSIONAL AND HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

I DONT KNOW ABOUT OFFICIATING ALWAYS BEING BAD IN DYERSBURG. I THINK IT HAS GOTTEN BAD ACROSS NORTHWEST TENNESSEE AND NOT SO MUCH THE CALLS ITS THE WAY THE GAME AND COACHES AND PLAYERS ARE HANDLED. I AM WATCHING A GAME THE OTHER NIGHT AND A KID PICKS UP NUMBER 4 AND THE COACH GOES TO GET THE SUB AND THE REF DOES NOT LET HIM IN. THE NEXT PLAY THE KID FOULS OUT ON A TOUCH FOUL C'MON MAN. I KNOW THERE ANSWER IS IT IS A HOBBY BUT MOST HOBBIES COST MONEY THESE GUYS GET PAID GOOD MONEY TO BE PROFESSIONAL AND HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

You mad bro?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a link to the tourney that OCCHS is in down in Florida....Hopefully as the tournament progresses it will be updated...

http://www.naplesdailynewsholidayshootout.org/index.html

And the officiating in D-Burg has always been bad...From way back when Union City was 2A and were playing down there every year....Seen many, many games in that gym....I'm not a ref basher either...

Here is a write-up from yesterday from naples news about the tournament that starts today...

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/dec/27/prepzone-naples-holiday-shootout-grabs-top-girls/

And here is a blog that is being updated as the games are being played...It also has the correct schedule in it...Obion Central will be playing Columbia HS out of Georgia at 1 pm....

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/dec/28/ndn-holiday-shootout-blog-day-1-updates-barron-col/

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard