FCS @ Boyd Buc

reaction

Here's a thought for what it is worth, which I realize is nothing. I missed the game but from what I have seen, the ref missed the call. If the tables were turned, I would have been pretty upset about the loss. In fact, I would probably STILL be upset as many of you are. However, I think at some point you have to put it in a little perspective. Not to make light of it because I love football too, but when you get down to it, it is a football game. Both teams are fortunate that we came away with no serious injuries. Both teams are lucky that they have great schools to attend and great supporters. It just seems that there are people with MUCH bigger problems. Some day our sons may be deployed overseas rather than playing football. They may be fighting an illness. Yes, some will be playing this Friday night and some won't but it is, afterall, Thanksgiving and both teams have much to be thankful for. That said, I'm sure someone will find a way to twist this post so... be my guest. But here's hoping ALL from BOTH teams have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanks for the acknowledgement - MOST from FCS will not -

Many of us are still upset - it is still fresh - and we do want accountability with the ref.

We hold no ill will toward FCS - it was a good game

Many of us are still upset - it is still fresh - and we do want accountability with the ref.

Nobody from FCS has said he scored. However I believe it was much closer than some have made it sound. Also watch closely and you will see 11 pull the ball back when he hits the ground meaning that bull was a couple inches farther out when he was in mid air. Also, it should not have been fourth down anyways had the ref called the blatent horse collar on second down.

• Upvote 1

Please quit talking out of both sides of your mouth....Most from FCS will not acknowledge....but no ill will to FCS blah blah ...... Thanks for repping your school as crybaby, sore loser. I am sure they are proud to call you friend.... As for the call who knows but it is QUITE possible that when the QB first stretches out the tip of the ball crosses the plain and then he retracts his elbows in as he is landing. All of the still shots show his elbows in after he has already landed. Anyway... think about the program you love and dont be a Harvey Updike!

Edited by tigerboyz

Please quit talking out of both sides of your mouth....Most from FCS will not acknowledge....but no ill will to FCS blah blah ...... Thanks for repping your school as crybaby, sore loser. I am sure they are proud to call you friend.... As for the call who knows but it is QUITE possible that when the QB first stretches out the tip of the ball crosses the plain and then he retracts his elbows in as he is landing. All of the still shots show his elbows in after he has already landed. Anyway... think about the program you love and dont be a Harvey Updike!

If I am considered a "cry baby" and a "sore loser" because I am upset about a ref that gave Boyd's win away I am ok with that! Thanks :rolleyes:

So, you're saying that our SINLESS Lord fabricated a LIE just to manipulate the ending of a football game. Really???

Now you are twisting and munipilating what I said. I will not sit here and mock the Lord like that. I am a teenager and I am handling this situation better than how you are. God has a plan for everyone in life and this is the road He has chosen to pave. He works in weird and mysterious ways. No matter what the outcome is, always give the glory to Him.

Man I really feel for BB...That's the most ridiculous garbage call I've ever seen !!! Well maybe not to that extent but it's had quite a reaction here....You can clearly see his knee down and the ball before....These refs should have their right to ref a game revoked for life and still have to right a apology and pay a fine....That crap is just not right...I truely think they just cost the Bucs a State Championship Gold Ball.....Bad night to be a Buc fan

One hour until last call!! Last post of the night....TT99 signing off

Yes BB was cheated and they should be awarded the Gold Ball.

If I am considered a "cry baby" and a "sore loser" because I am upset about a ref that gave Boyd's win away I am ok with that! Thanks :rolleyes:

Reality is.... BOYD DID NOT WIN so the WIN could not have been taken away! My point is ONLY this, when these boys all move on to be great productive young men in life, I pray you can move on as well! And YES, you are considered a cry baby sore loser and YOU may be ok with this but are you making your school proud? NOT

Now you are twisting and munipilating what I said. I will not sit here and mock the Lord like that. I am a teenager and I am handling this situation better than how you are. God has a plan for everyone in life and this is the road He has chosen to pave. He works in weird and mysterious ways. No matter what the outcome is, always give the glory to Him.

You are mistaken if you thought I was mocking God. I was commenting on how you need to be more cautious about how you use the Lord's name. The logic of what you said in those two posts sounded like: It may have been the wrong call, but Jesus took over as the referee (wore the striped shirt, as you said) and controlled the outcome, even if he had to be dishonest about the outcome. So it sounded like Jesus, who does not lie, would use a lie to create a deceptive outcome...that's careless.

Yes, God works in mysterious ways, but never has to rely on dishonesty (or any other sin) to accomplish his will. That is against His way. Maybe you weren't saying it, but it sure sounded like it. Just think about how it sounds before you say it...A lesson I had to learn when I was a teenager.

Also, remember that God is not a puppeteer. While He has the ability to control all things, He does not necessarily micro-manage all things. He gives man the ability and freedom to make decisions and take actions that do change the course of life's events. If He didn't do this, we would never need His forgiveness and grace.

Edited by BnL
  • Upvote 1

Reality is.... BOYD DID NOT WIN so the WIN could not have been taken away! My point is ONLY this, when these boys all move on to be great productive young men in life, I pray you can move on as well! And YES, you are considered a cry baby sore loser and YOU may be ok with this but are you making your school proud? NOT

The reality is, FCS was awarded the winning TD on a badly blown call by an out of position official that should be fined and suspended for 1 season and banned from the playoffs.