Oneida @ Oliver Springs

What happened to the game film from the regular season game?

This is the first I've heard about this and will verify with the OZ staff, but know that there is a mutual respect between both staffs. I could be surprised but believe that from one film to the next, your going to see the same thing from both of these teams.

It doesn't matter what happened to the game film from the 1st game. If you exchange film again for another game, then you should be given a game film from the current year. It's just good ethics. You shouldn't have to do it 3 times to get it right. I have family on the team & they told me the same thing last nite. It doesn't matter how much mutual respect you have for each other or lack there of, you should still do the right thing or just refuse to exchange film @ all. :thumb: Anyway, good luck Indians & I hope it's a clean game w/no injuries on either team. Edited by InjunJoe

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter what happened to the game film from the 1st game. If you exchange film again for another game, then you should be given a game film from the current year. It's just good ethics. You shouldn't have to do it 3 times to get it right. I have family on the team & they told me the same thing last nite. It doesn't matter how much mutual respect you have for each other or lack there of, you should still do the right thing or just refuse to exchange film @ all. :thumb: Anyway, good luck Indians & I hope it's a clean game w/no injuries on either team.

Easy Injun, I'm not disagreeing with you that the correct film should have been exchanged the first time (if it wasn't- which I'll verify). I just find it odd that it's the day before the game and this is the first it's been mentioned. Sounds to me like someone is trying to stir the pot- looking for added motivation. No big deal, we did the same thing. Told our kids that Oneida was taking the week off from practice since OS would be such an easy win. JK!!

Doubt either team needs any added motivation for this game! If so, they shouldn't be playing. :thumb:

This isn't the first time that Coach Brackett has pulled this stuff in exchanging films. It is a running joke among area coaches on how he will try to pull a fast one on films. I anticipate this being a competitive game, but the road will end for either team next week. This Quadrant in 2A has to be the least competitive that you could draw up. You have three teams that were very weak (Cosby, Wartburg and North Greene). One team that has to be considered the most overrated in 2A (Hampton). The last two teams (Oneida and Oliver Springs), were average 2A teams at best. They were both handled easily by two 1A teams (Sunbright and Coalfield). All in all, very weak, but some times you have to have a lucky draw to advance. These two teams should thank the Football Powers for allowing them to still exist in the playoffs. And remember one thing....I am The Watch Dog and I am out there watching.

WHO cares! :x

Easy Injun, I'm not disagreeing with you that the correct film should have been exchanged the first time (if it wasn't- which I'll verify). I just find it odd that it's the day before the game and this is the first it's been mentioned. Sounds to me like someone is trying to stir the pot- looking for added motivation. No big deal, we did the same thing. Told our kids that Oneida was taking the week off from practice since OS would be such an easy win. JK!!

Doubt either team needs any added motivation for this game! If so, they shouldn't be playing. :thumb:

Just saying if you don't wanna exchange film that's fine. Just man up & say so & don't be jerking somebody's chain. Film can be gotten from other schools but there's a kind of unwritten code that you exchange film w/the opposing team. My point is a mistake can be made. Everybody is human but when it takes 3 times to get a film on the current year something is fishy. I don't think our kids need any extra motivation. If they aren't motivated by the Quarterfinals then I'd say there's no hope for them.

Apparently you do uknoit2. Didn't mean to ruffle your dress, but I just call it the way I see it. I am the Watch Dog and you will be watching what I have to say.

Easy there lil watch-runt! Yea, we hear ya yapping. Dont wanna go nipping around the wrong shins, you might get kicked about :roflolk:

We will all be watching to see if you say anything with one ounce of intelligence...unseen as of now, by the way :thumb:

Just saying if you don't wanna exchange film that's fine. Just man up & say so & don't be jerking somebody's chain. Film can be gotten from other schools but there's a kind of unwritten code that you exchange film w/the opposing team. My point is a mistake can be made. Everybody is human but when it takes 3 times to get a film on the current year something is fishy. I don't think our kids need any extra motivation. If they aren't motivated by the Quarterfinals then I'd say there's no hope for them.

Straight from the "horses" mouth..."NOT TRUE".

WatchDog....ah nevermind, it aint worth it.

Straight from the "horses" mouth..."NOT TRUE".

WatchDog....ah nevermind, it aint worth it.

Well I've got more than one source on it but I guess if the "horse" says it isn't true then that's the gospel. :wacko: I wouldn't own up to it either if I couldn't do any better than that. Why would our coaches make up something so ridiculous to tell our kids? Doesn't have any bearing on how they play or motivate them in any way. Just shows incompetence or lack of morals from an opposing coach. No skin off the kids' backs. We're not gonna use it as any kind of excuse regardless of the outcome but it does seem a bit petty this far into things. Oh well. Moving on! :popcorneater:

Well I've got more than one source on it but I guess if the "horse" says it isn't true then that's the gospel. :wacko: I wouldn't own up to it either if I couldn't do any better than that. Why would our coaches make up something so ridiculous to tell our kids? Doesn't have any bearing on how they play or motivate them in any way. Just shows incompetence or lack of morals from an opposing coach. No skin off the kids' backs. We're not gonna use it as any kind of excuse regardless of the outcome but it does seem a bit petty this far into things. Oh well. Moving on! :popcorneater:

Injun, I can understand your side and would probably feel the way you do if I was in your shoes. Didn't say it was the gospel, just said that the HC told me personally that it wasn't true, and for me that's good enough.

Have a safe trip down the mountain and look forward to a good hard fought game tomorrow evening.

That is your fault for believing the head coach. Many coaches in this area know how he operates. Doens't have a good reputation as being an up front guy. By the way, why in the world would your head coach have somebody go to a game and film an opponent you wouldn't be playing until late in the season? I am the Watch Dog and I can tell you a whole lot more.

Do you have a clue what you are even talking about?!

I think it's ridiculous that Oneida and OS have to play small schools like Greenback, Coalfield and Sunbright. How does the T$$AA expect the Indians and Bobcats to be competitive against teams with 100 fewer kids in their schools!!! It's crazy to lump the big schools in with the more powerful smaller schools....completely unfair!

I think it's ridiculous that Oneida and OS have to play small schools like Greenback, Coalfield and Sunbright. How does the T$$AA expect the Indians and Bobcats to be competitive against teams with 100 fewer kids in their schools!!! It's crazy to lump the big schools in with the more powerful smaller schools....completely unfair!

In the coming years...I hope we all realize how stupid a post like this is....great year to make this point! :thumb: