Oneida @ Oliver Springs

Oneida and Oliver Springs couldn't keep up with the mighty Tigers of Sunbright. Sunbright shoulda went to 2A

Shocker, Sunbright did have a good team for the past 2 yrs but no more than Sunbright has ever beaten Oneida or OZ in the history of those series I don't think I'd be crowing too loudly til they start making a habit of it. They haven't shown in the past that they can do it but every once in a while. Oneida & OZ both have dominated Sunbright over the yrs. Don't be a hater just cuz Sunbright went out in the 1st round. Support your district or don't say anything if you don't support either of them. You ever that old saying - "If you can't say anything good then don't say anything @ all?" Nobody wants to hear your negative comments. Both of these teams have worked to get where they are but if you wanna be that way then I guess I should point out that Sunbright couldn't keep up w/the mighty Bulldogs of Wartburg which Oneida & OZ BOTH beat. :thumb:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocker, Sunbright did have a good team for the past 2 yrs but no more than Sunbright has ever beaten Oneida or OZ in the history of those series I don't think I'd be crowing too loudly til they start making a habit of it. They haven't shown in the past that they can do it but every once in a while. Oneida & OZ both have dominated Sunbright over the yrs. Don't be a hater just cuz Sunbright went out in the 1st round. Support your district or don't say anything if you don't support either of them. You ever that old saying - "If you can't say anything good then don't say anything @ all?" Nobody wants to hear your negative comments. Both of these teams have worked to get where they are but if you wanna be that way then I guess I should point out that Sunbright couldn't keep up w/the mighty Bulldogs of Wartburg which Oneida & OZ BOTH beat. :thumb:

Good meeting you Injunjoe and I'ma pulling for you fellers.Don't let anyone tell you you don't deserve to be right where you're at.You guys have pretty much always had a great program. Go get um.

Good meeting you Injunjoe and I'ma pulling for you fellers.Don't let anyone tell you you don't deserve to be right where you're at.You guys have pretty much always had a great program. Go get um.

Thanks pujo. I enjoyed talking to you before & after the game. Glad we got support from good people like you & the Hampton bunch. We got your back too!

I support both teams, just think it's neat that Sunbright beat both of them and crushed Oliver Springs on their home field and had a 45-7 lead in that game. I don't care who wins this game but whoever does I hope that it's the team that can best compete in the semifinals. Good luck. And I can't help it if Sunbright chokes against Wartburg and in the first round of the playoffs every year. Can't say I'm surprised.

I support both teams, just think it's neat that Sunbright beat both of them and crushed Oliver Springs on their home field and had a 45-7 lead in that game. I don't care who wins this game but whoever does I hope that it's the team that can best compete in the semifinals. Good luck. And I can't help it if Sunbright chokes against Wartburg and in the first round of the playoffs every year. Can't say I'm surprised.

Yeah it is neat for Sunbright's boys that they beat both of them but maybe Oneida & OZ choked against Sunbright like Sunbright did against Wartburg. I really don't think Sunbright is that much better than Oneida or OZ. I think they were the best team on those particular nights but it might be a different story if played again. It happens all the time that the team that wins the 1st meeting fails to do so the 2nd time around. Everybody can have a bad nite occasionally. Even the mighty TC is capable of it. Look what happened w/them & Friendship Christian. Sorry you all got beat in the 1st round. Good luck next yr. :thumb:

We can't help that our team choked against your team on our home field either. Some teams step up and some don't. That particular night we didn't step up and Sunbright took advantage, big time I might add. The good part for us is that we (OS)and Oneida won the games that we apparently needed to win to get to this point in the playoffs. After Friday night, the road will end for one of us.

Hoping for a good clean game from both groups.

We can't help that our team choked against your team on our home field either. Some teams step up and some don't. That particular night we didn't step up and Sunbright took advantage, big time I might add. The good part for us is that we (OS)and Oneida won the games that we apparently needed to win to get to this point in the playoffs. After Friday night, the road will end for one of us.

Hoping for a good clean game from both groups.

On any given night most of these teams could win over the other team. It is the nature of HS football. The ups and downs are large. Factors affect the players and the games that no one understand. Sunbright should have beaten Wartburg, Sunbright should have made it past the first round. But it did not happen for reasons no one knows. A moth could have farted in Brazil affecting the wind currents and caused that pass to be dropped.

Regardless of who wins Friday, if that team should go on to a gold ball then Sunbright can always say they beat the state champion. And they did not have anyone ejected from the game as another Morgan county team so aptly demonstrated.

As an OZ supporter Friday's game in my unsubstantiated opinion could go either way. At this point in the competition it is a toss up on the winner. I hope for a good game, close, but not too close, in OZ's favor. I will acknowledge a good play by the opponent because the kid (or kids) deserve that much. I just won't cheer. I will not boo any play or player under any circumstances. I may complain about a referee call but will never yell at a referee.

In the overall scheme of things a win, or a loss, will not improve my job chances, improve my stock portfolio, decrease my commute times or reduce my utility bills. The game is nothing more than competitive entertainment. For that all the players, on both sides, should be supported for a job well done to make it to the third round of the playoffs.

On any given night most of these teams could win over the other team. It is the nature of HS football. The ups and downs are large. Factors affect the players and the games that no one understand. Sunbright should have beaten Wartburg, Sunbright should have made it past the first round. But it did not happen for reasons no one knows. A moth could have farted in Brazil affecting the wind currents and caused that pass to be dropped.

Regardless of who wins Friday, if that team should go on to a gold ball then Sunbright can always say they beat the state champion. And they did not have anyone ejected from the game as another Morgan county team so aptly demonstrated.

As an OZ supporter Friday's game in my unsubstantiated opinion could go either way. At this point in the competition it is a toss up on the winner. I hope for a good game, close, but not too close, in OZ's favor. I will acknowledge a good play by the opponent because the kid (or kids) deserve that much. I just won't cheer. I will not boo any play or player under any circumstances. I may complain about a referee call but will never yell at a referee.

In the overall scheme of things a win, or a loss, will not improve my job chances, improve my stock portfolio, decrease my commute times or reduce my utility bills. The game is nothing more than competitive entertainment. For that all the players, on both sides, should be supported for a job well done to make it to the third round of the playoffs.

:thumb: