Milan AT Fairview

Slim88

No. I am definitely not saying that determined the game, but that did happen when it was 7-7. That is a pretty big turn-around when you score off of it though.

The false start you're talking about happened on Fairview's 5 yrd line. The score was 7-7. The final

score was 38-20, I guess what you're saying is one false start that wasn't called threw Fairview off for

the rest of the game. WOW!!! Thats gotta be on the top ten LAMEST reason's way we lost list!!!!!!!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you believe this, then you should come to Blount County. The little kids don't break down the film, but their coaches do and then take it to them in practice....and teams are scouted. As a matter of fact, the 10 year old kids in Blount County are getting the coaching today that I got when I was in high school ( that has been 25 years ago). The team my son played on had over 100 plays in their offense (some were same plays that were run out of different sets), probably 10-12 different formations ranging from 4 wide and shotgun, to two TE with 3 backs, lots of shifts and motion with the wide sets, it is not uncommon for the lineman to even be taught to pull and trap. You would be amazed at what a 9 or 10 year old kid can learn, and when they grow up learning this from the age of 7, then you can see why Alcoa High School and Maryville High School have been able to accomplish what they have.

Jake speaks the truth. I moved from Milan to Maryville last year...and as much as I hate to admit it, there is no comparison. My son played for one of these teams last year and had 7 coaches...none of them with a son on the team. There were more coaches on that team than on his middle school team this year (and probably most high schools!). In Milan, it was me and 2 other dads that coached our team. We won against Humboldt, Huntingdon, USJ and others, only losing once, but they all had mostly dads coaching too. You just can't give the kids the individual attention they need with 2-3 coaches AND dads that move up/out as their son gets older. So, the coaches are always changing and you lose that consistency and ability to build a program. Heck, I was one of the 5-6 guys who helped Milan get it's tackle football program started...just 3 years ago! Until then, it was flag football or go to another town to play.

Edited by rebulldawg

The false start you're talking about happened on Fairview's 5 yrd line. The score was 7-7. The final

score was 38-20, I guess what you're saying is one false start that wasn't called threw Fairview off for

the rest of the game. WOW!!! Thats gotta be on the top ten LAMEST reason's way we lost list!!!!!!!

Obviously, they don't teach you how to read in Milan because I specifically said it did not determine the game. I have a strong internal locus of control. You beat us. Ok, we took it. This year will be alot different.

Obviously, they don't teach you how to read in Milan because I specifically said it did not determine the game. I have a strong internal locus of control. You beat us. Ok, we took it. This year will be alot different.

If you believe this, then you should come to Blount County. The little kids don't break down the film, but their coaches do and then take it to them in practice....and teams are scouted. As a matter of fact, the 10 year old kids in Blount County are getting the coaching today that I got when I was in high school ( that has been 25 years ago). The team my son played on had over 100 plays in their offense (some were same plays that were run out of different sets), probably 10-12 different formations ranging from 4 wide and shotgun, to two TE with 3 backs, lots of shifts and motion with the wide sets, it is not uncommon for the lineman to even be taught to pull and trap. You would be amazed at what a 9 or 10 year old kid can learn, and when they grow up learning this from the age of 7, then you can see why Alcoa High School and Maryville High School have been able to accomplish what they have.

Alcoa didn't 8 straight titles running 100 plays in 10-12 formations. They line up and kick you in the teeth and run down your throat. It's one of the most simple offenses you can find. Knowing what someone is going to do and stopping it is 2 different things. Football is about blocking and tackling, not a bunch junk plays and formations. I think Coach Rankin would tell you all that other crap is a waste of time.

The only difference is Milan squashing yet another team who had hopes of someday making it past the

third round!!! Camden has been feeding and taking care of the Monkey for several years. Everyone

there says the chimp has no respect for authority, smells bad, eats too much, and throws his poop

at the cheerleaders. When he moves to Madison, make sure you guys teach him some manners!!!!!!!

The only difference is Milan squashing yet another team who had hopes of someday making it past the

third round!!! Camden has been feeding and taking care of the Monkey for several years. Everyone

there says the chimp has no respect for authority, smells bad, eats too much, and throws his poop

at the cheerleaders. When he moves to Madison, make sure you guys teach him some manners!!!!!!!

Why the Camden Bashing there swinjuice?????We pullin for Milan.Camden young and down this year but trust me,they wont be the next 3.................. :ugeek:

Come Friday it may all be eerily similar......except for location of coarse!

Alcoa didn't 8 straight titles running 100 plays in 10-12 formations. They line up and kick you in the teeth and run down your throat. It's one of the most simple offenses you can find. Knowing what someone is going to do and stopping it is 2 different things. Football is about blocking and tackling, not a bunch junk plays and formations. I think Coach Rankin would tell you all that other crap is a waste of time.

No, his offense looks simple because they are successful in executing it. No, they normally don't come out in shotgun and 4 or 5 wide, so that makes the plays they run look simple, but his offense is not simple, just ask his offensive linemen.

No, his offense looks simple because they are successful in executing it. No, they normally don't come out in shotgun and 4 or 5 wide, so that makes the plays they run look simple, but his offense is not simple, just ask his offensive linemen.

Yeah... the linemen do a lot of pulling. Rankin does a good job of formationing defenses to be able to allow his linemen to pull. Those 5 guys up front are a big reason for Alcoa's success. Yeah they have speed and athletes at the skill position, but they also have athletic linemen that can run. Often times Alcoa backs will be 5-6 yards down field before they encounter a defender.