Milan AT Fairview

Slim88

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another "know-it-all Milan fan". Maybe swingjuice can swing some of his smarts your way.....then again maybe not :rolleyes:

Huh?! Let me get this straight...I call out a guy who says, and I quote... "both teams are overrated! my ensworth tigers would mop both of these teams!!!" and I'm a know-it-all because I defended these teams? Whatever....

Go Bulldogs!!

Haha that's what my purpose is on here.....to amaze you :roflol:

BTW, I'm not going anywhere so you better learn to deal with it.....because we both know you couldn't do anything about it :roflol:

Enjoy your trip to beautiful Williamson County but don't expect to leave a "winner" on Friday night. Milan's quarterback isn't Jack Ramey and they don't have playmakers like Franklin and/or Moore. Milan is also going to have a difficult time blocking Buttrey and Stevenson PLUS an all-state linebacker in Cavender.

Milan will score twice but no more than that and it takes a lot more than 2 scores to beat Fairview.....Giles County is the only exception to the rule because they seem to hold a mental edge in continuing to own Fairview.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO COMPARE SCHEDULES

Look at Fairview's schedule: Quality vs Non-Quality Foes

Cheatham County

Marshall County

Page

Hickman County (x2)

Lewis County (x2)

Giles County

Northwest

Sping Hill

East Hickman

Summit

Look at Milan's schedule: Quality vs Non-Quality Foes

Humboldt

Covington

South Gibson (x2)

Westview (x2)

Huntingdon

Peabody

Gibson County

Crockett County

Ripley

Haywood County

BREAKING IT DOWN

South Gibson (6-5) and Hickman County (5-6) pretty much cancel one another out right away. Both teams have 2 victories against those two schools.

Westview (7-5) and Lewis County (7-5) cancel one another out. Both teams have 2 victories against each of them as well.

Humboldt (9-2) competed in a weaker class than did Cheatham County (6-5) and Page (6-6). Page showed their potential by knocking off previous unbeaten Lexington. Humboldt beat Jo Byrns 34-14 in their matchup. Cheatham County beat Jo Byrns 35-14 when they had a chance to play them. Looks pretty even to me!

Covington (10-2) and Marshall County (9-3) cancel one another out. Both of those teams are still playing and each of these teams beat them when they played. Milan snuck past Covington and Farview drilled Marshall County.

Huntingdon is 11-0 in 1A. Giles County is 9-3 in 4A. They are the 2 teams that both of these teams lost to during the regular season. Both of them have won state titles in recent memory and both are in the hunt with just 3 weeks to go this year. That cancels each other out as well. I will say that Huntingdon was more convincing in their win over Milan than was Giles County in their win over Fairview.

Speaking of "know-it-all" fans...someone needs to get a life!

I have a question for xfairviewfan..

Let me start by saying I don't have a dog in the fight. I've never seen fairview nor Milan play and know very little about either school. I have read your post about your dislike for the fairview head coach and was curious to know if it was personal or you actually don't think he is a good football coach. I think he has been there 3 years now and the last 2 were pretty good. I don't know of any history that he has coaching before then.

howdoitknow, did you seriously compare schedules and say one team cancels out another!?!?! :roflol: I've never had a problem with your post before, but that one really made me laugh when I read it. Anyone that knows football, or sports in general, would know that you can't compare teams like you did. It was pretty humorous, I'm not going to lie.

While we're comparing things....let's compare state championships between Milan/Fairview. Neverminnd, it's not worth it.

Now go ahead and bash Gibson Co. football. I hear it coming now. :roflol:

Good luck to Coach Morris and Milan!

Edited by GCPioneer

I have a question for xfairviewfan..

Let me start by saying I don't have a dog in the fight. I've never seen fairview nor Milan play and know very little about either school. I have read your post about your dislike for the fairview head coach and was curious to know if it was personal or you actually don't think he is a good football coach. I think he has been there 3 years now and the last 2 were pretty good. I don't know of any history that he has coaching before then.

99% personal, 1% coaching

I've never heard of little kids breaking down film, scouting teams, practicing stating low in blocks, or going to the highest point to get an int.

But then again I'm sure you did that lol :)

If you believe this, then you should come to Blount County. The little kids don't break down the film, but their coaches do and then take it to them in practice....and teams are scouted. As a matter of fact, the 10 year old kids in Blount County are getting the coaching today that I got when I was in high school ( that has been 25 years ago). The team my son played on had over 100 plays in their offense (some were same plays that were run out of different sets), probably 10-12 different formations ranging from 4 wide and shotgun, to two TE with 3 backs, lots of shifts and motion with the wide sets, it is not uncommon for the lineman to even be taught to pull and trap. You would be amazed at what a 9 or 10 year old kid can learn, and when they grow up learning this from the age of 7, then you can see why Alcoa High School and Maryville High School have been able to accomplish what they have.