Dresden vs Westwood

hogheaven

Watching these kids give up their summers, weekends, hunting, vacations (when parents don't plan it during dead period), and free time after school YEAR AROUND is finally paying off. Good football programs have coaches and families committ to teach the football players that if you sacrifice yourself towards something (school, football, cheerleading, job) there are rewards. It is never easy, but it is worth it. These memories are priceless! Stay hungry Lions. Get a win Friday! :thumb:

Is there any truth to the rumor that this game could be moved to Dresden because of a bigger crowd? It would be awesome but I just cannot fathom that the TSSAA would deprive a second seed team of a "home" playoff game.

That would happen. It should not matter Dresden should handle them easy! I read on the Humboldt threads were the Lions play dirty football. Now it was not posted by a Humboldt fan. Dresden play hard and clean last night coached very well and are a bunch of classy kids and fans. Good luck as the Lions march on in the playoffs! :thumb:

That would happen. It should not matter Dresden should handle them easy! I read on the Humboldt threads were the Lions play dirty football. Now it was not posted by a Humboldt fan. Dresden play hard and clean last night coached very well and are a bunch of classy kids and fans. Good luck as the Lions march on in the playoffs! :thumb:

Appreciate that Zebra. Hope we can make history at Dresden & make West TN proud.

Don't know much about Westwood, but did get a look at them in the 7 on 7 tourney played at UTM earlier in the season. If memory serves me correctly they look alot like Humbolt with big, fast kids that can score quicky. Dresden keeps playing like they are right now and we will be hard to deal with for any team. Keep up the effort at practice and the Insane Lion Posse will be roudy and ready at the game!!!!! :mrgreen:

We appreciate the "non dirty" status. In a game with high emotions, sometimes a kid loses his common sense and does something "dirty". It happens and it doesn't mean the team or coaches are "dirty". Humboldt was a classy bunch, but late in the game one kid took a run at 86's knee. I know it was an emotional mistake. It happens when kids have so much on the line. Hopefully kids learn from these mistakes and play HARD between whistles to express emotions. Dangerous game these kids play! But, I label Humboldt well coached and very classy kids. Impressed with this group. Ranks up there with mckenzie and huntingdon with me. :thumb:

I agree ysoangry,I also seen them in 7 on 7 this year and I believe they have a huge qb and pretty quick receivers. I hope #86 is alright he did take a shot to the knee and stayed down a little while. I talked to him after game and he was ok but I don't know how he is this morning. Also to #14 I would like to tell him that he did a great job last night. People don't know this but he has been feeling bad since Monday. But he sucked it up and played a great game. I want everyone on the team that I am proud of you all. Go Lions!

As long as the GURU and the Hater Nation pick westwood we are good as gold. :roflol:

I don't think I picked Humboldt to beat you did I? You guys are always good as gold. The absolute best in sportsmanship, class and athletes and who would ever doubt the tradition at your school. Why would anyone question how great you guys are? lol :ph34r:

Maybe next time when a coach is thrown out and suspended a game, he won't sit up in the coaches box and participate from that location. But really what can you expect, when your principal is directly involved with the TSSAA.

Enjoy your ride, it isn't going to end the way you want it too---and there is more football after this year. :thumb:

You Dresden boys are a showing out! I'd have to say that after seeing yall live againt H'town i was'nt impressed! But after what yall have done these last couple weeks looks like yall are for real! i guess Huntindon has made a few teams look bad! Congrats to your players and your town! Good luck next week and maybe we can pull out a win and go at it!

I don't think I picked Humboldt to beat you did I? You guys are always good as gold. The absolute best in sportsmanship, class and athletes and who would ever doubt the tradition at your school. Why would anyone question how great you guys are? lol :ph34r:

Maybe next time when a coach is thrown out and suspended a game, he won't sit up in the coaches box and participate from that location. But really what can you expect, when your principal is directly involved with the TSSAA.

Enjoy your ride, it isn't going to end the way you want it too---and there is more football after this year. :thumb:

He wasn't at the game. TSSAA and refs were very observant. He wouldn't risk causing his team a loss. If he was there, it would of been 22 to 0. And of course a few sideline penalties for the refs to earn their stripes. :roflol: More football after this year is the sound of someone who is already playing basketball. :roflol:

• Upvote 1