Lenoir City @ Powell

dcnk

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early in the season I would have said this wouldn't be a contest. But LC has impressed me with 2 big road victories, so I wouldn't be surprised to see LC make a game of it for 2-3 qtrs. I think for LC to be competitive they must COMMIT to stopping the run, not just #2, because Powell has some other guys (especially the QB) that know how to haul the mail as well. But if the DE's for LC get up field too much then Powell well hurt them with the zone read. LC needs to be effective in their passing game as well to be successful on offense. Powell just needs to be patient and limit mistakes and keep pounding the ball. Overall, I think Powell has too much fire power for LC to win, but I do think they can make it a more competitive game than what Powell has seen so far in the playoffs.

Not having seen Powell play, I can't say much on this and won't. Having seen LC, there were some athletes that we had no answer for. Very tough to tackle. Love the hard nosed football and it was good for us to see that level of football. There were some holes in their defense that we failed to exploit and I am not really sure why.

LC is very good. Their record is not an indication of how good they are.

Good luck to both teams, but I do hope LC wins and goes on to win it all.

Powell IMO is the 5A favorite, but Lenoir City are some giant killers. I see it being a good game, but in the end, LC's surprise run comes to an end.

Another thing. Dyshawn Mobley from Powell is an absolute freak. He is tearing defenses apart like he has been for the past few seasons. I don't understand why, to the best of my knowledge, UT isn't showing any interest. Wouldn't surprise me if he went somewhere else and was a wild success. Randall Cobb all over again. I mean UT is interested in Cody Blanc from Central..What can he do that Mobley can't? I'm no Powell fan, but the guy is sick.

Well, that was my little rant on that.

Powell - 38

Lenoir - 17