CAK & Alcoa Part II

FootballDad

I guess I had just kind of assumed after last time that most likely the field would be dry for the rematch, but it doesn't look like that is a given now. If the field is wet again, how will that affect these 2 teams? What will each team likely do the same or differently than the last meeting on a wet turf?

I don't think the weather conditions will be the same according to the forecast. Last time there was a cold, windy, driving rain the entire first half, and then it quit for the 2nd half. But the field conditions could be similar. In the first game the field was not a muddy mess, but during the course of the game the turf did get a bit chewed up due to how much rain it had absorb. There was standing water but most of that was on the sidelines. Looks like we are going to get soaking rains again Tuesday and Wednesday but Thursday & Friday is suppose to be cooler and sunny. I don't think the field will be in dry enough condition to be considered a fast, dry track, but I would speculate that it will be a bit better than last time. It will still be soft IMO. At this point in the year the bermuda is dormant and brown. In addition to the high school games it has endured a higher than normal number of middle school games this season. All and all I would say the field is in decent shape. As to the game, I don't think the field will initially determine the way the teams approach this game. I think Alcoa will continue to be a run oriented team, probably mix in the pass with #16 at QB and try to control the ball and the clock. CAK is a bit more mysterious in how they may approach this game. They had much success on the ground against Alcoa and I believe they will try to take advantage of some of the things if Alcoa chooses to approach the game defensively like they did last time. However; CAK is a passing team first, and with #25 back on the field I believe they will go to the air often unless the conditions just won't allow for it.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see where u are going with this.... Yes A-E in 1991, and Harriman in 1997. If there is a rematch its not gonna happen, Alcoa dominated AE this year except for Special Teams, so if ALcoa advances and AE does also Alcoa would love to have another shot at a team that had 60 total yards of offense against them...

Im making out to this one Friday night eventhough i would like to see what a passing team can do on Maryville, i think this will be the best game of the week..

Pump your breaks. I'm not predicting that Austin-East will beat Alcoa IF there is a rematch... there's at least 96 minutes of football that needs to be played before we even know who is going to play in the semifinal game.

About the first game... Alcoa's 332 yards of total offense was more than Austin-East's 108 yards. (http://stats.prepxtra.com/football/boys/schedules/games/4883/results/) 108 isn't anything to brag about, but I'm not sure where the 60 yards came from.

The fact that Alcoa wants to play Austin-East again doesn't need to be stated. I would expect nothing less form a competitor. There's four teams I'd like to see Austin-East play again.

Since the first match-up, I'm sure Alcoa has made some adjustments and improvements on special teams. Austin-East has made some adjustments and improvements with their offense. IF we do see a rematch of Austin-East/Alcoa, I think it'll be a good game.

As far as the Alcoa/CAK game goes, I have no clue who will win this one. I was suprised that CAK rushed for over 200 yards in the first game. The only outcome that would surprise me in this game is if one team blows the other out of the water... this will be a good game.

The overall silence of this thread is eery, yet speaks volumes about this game. Two teams that know each other all too well. A district rivalry spilling over into the playoffs for the umpteenth time. A realistic shot at a state championship on the line. For Alcoa this is old hat, then again its unchartered territory of recent. 7 time consecutive defending state champions, but on the road against a team that beat them solidly just 3 weeks previously. An opponent that has comparable talent and coaching. Maybe experiencing some self doubts. For CAK this is old hat, then again its unchartered territory. Facing Alcoa a second time, in the playoffs. An opponent that they hadn't ever beaten until the last meeting. Facing an Alcoa team that is capable but must feel like its back's against the wall. Going into the playoff game with comparable talent for the first time. Maybe experiencing some self doubts.

Much respect between these two schools, not much ill will, at least between the staffs and players, :D: And really, much respect generally shown between both fan bases to each other along with some very funny photo shop classics. This is really going to be an interesting game that I'm sure will have many eyes and ears watching and listening not only in Knoxville but across the entire state. One things for sure, this will be my boy's last time to suit up against the Tornadoes. He has the highest respect for Alcoa, but proudly, no fear. This game has meant so much to him and to me over the past 4 years. Congratulations #18, you have done me, your teammates and your school proud. Regardless of the outcome of this game you can hold your head high :thumb:

Edited by FootballDad

The overall silence of this thread is eery, yet speaks volumes about this game. Two teams that know each other all too well. A district rivalry spilling over into the playoffs for the umpteenth time. A realistic shot at a state championship on the line. For Alcoa this is old hat, then again its unchartered territory of recent. 7 time consecutive defending state champions, but on the road against a team that beat them solidly just 3 weeks previously. An opponent that has comparable talent and coaching. Maybe experiencing some self doubts. For CAK this is old hat, then again its unchartered territory. Facing Alcoa a second time, in the playoffs. An opponent that they hadn't ever beaten until the last meeting. Facing an Alcoa team that is capable but must feel like its back's against the wall. Going into the playoff game with comparable talent for the first time. Maybe experiencing some self doubts.

Much respect between these two schools, not much ill will, at least between the staffs and players, :D: And really, much respect generally shown between both fan bases to each other along with some very funny photo shop classics. This is really going to be an interesting game that I'm sure will have many eyes and ears watching and listening not only in Knoxville but across the entire state. One things for sure, this will be my boy's last time to suit up against the Tornadoes. He has the highest respect for Alcoa, but proudly, no fear. This game has meant so much to him and to me over the past 4 years. Congratulations #18, you have done me, your teammates and your school proud. Regardless of the outcome of this game you can hold your head high :thumb:

Does this #18 by chance play in the secondary? I caught the early rival game with you guys and I believe Anderson County and recall being impressed with him. In any event, I am sure you have every reason to be proud, but if this is him very impressed with his play when I saw him. Good luck to both teams.

Does this #18 by chance play in the secondary? I caught the early rival game with you guys and I believe Anderson County and recall being impressed with him. In any event, I am sure you have every reason to be proud, but if this is him very impressed with his play when I saw him. Good luck to both teams.

Thanks for the compliment, especially from someone who gets to watch football at its finest with the team you support. I'll be sure to pass it on to my son. He has played OLB the past 2 years but was moved to ILB this year. In the AC game, due to his versatility he was assigned to shadow #15 from AC, who is a very fine player. That is why it may have appeared that he was playing in the secondary, but he was actually just sliding out from his LB position to cover #15 in the slot. Hope it didn't appear that I was fishing for compliments by mentioning his #, I guess I'm just getting a bit nostalgic with him being a senior and all. I think I may have mentioned his # in 2 posts out of the app. 1500 I have made. I coached him through middle school before moving my kids to CAK and I am going to miss watching him play as much as he is going to miss playing I believe. I just hope he and his boys can get it done against Alcoa, but if they can't they can still be proud of how much CAK football has improved over the past 4 years. Thanks again.

Thanks for the compliment, especially from someone who gets to watch football at its finest with the team you support. I'll be sure to pass it on to my son. He has played OLB the past 2 years but was moved to ILB this year. In the AC game, due to his versatility he was assigned to shadow #15 from AC, who is a very fine player. That is why it may have appeared that he was playing in the secondary, but he was actually just sliding out from his LB position to cover #15 in the slot. Hope it didn't appear that I was fishing for compliments by mentioning his #, I guess I'm just getting a bit nostalgic with him being a senior and all. I think I may have mentioned his # in 2 posts out of the app. 1500 I have made. I coached him through middle school before moving my kids to CAK and I am going to miss watching him play as much as he is going to miss playing I believe. I just hope he and his boys can get it done against Alcoa, but if they can't they can still be proud of how much CAK football has improved over the past 4 years. Thanks again.

Didn't think you were fishing at all. And I did think at the time he was a big guy to be in the secondary. I think I saw him in pass coverage when I noticed him. He did make an impression though and "stuck out" that is why my memory was jogged when I saw the number.

Quiet thread indeed and IMO here is why, CAK 31 Alcoa 21. Keep that trophy in ET!

Even if I thought that the Tornadoes would lose this game, I would never post it out of respect to the guys who will play the game Friday night. I hope if the Tornadoes pull this one off, that you will at least have the guts to change your screen name....... You don't speak for any true Alcoa fans!!!!!

Edited by F5seekshelter