11AA 20011-12 Thread

ksgovols

Day one of the 2011-12 11AA basketball season and not one post? What the heck happened to the 11AA I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest season of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you ksgovols, we might get in trouble." Well, 'all ya'll' from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Marshall County, they're dead! Giles County, dead! Spring Hill.........

I guess I will bring papatiger out of retirement and bring back the Class of '07 to show you all what real 11AA basketball threads are supposed to look like. Dang, I miss Sycamore in this league. They at least made it fun on Coacht. Harpeth? You guys didn't even fill out the freakin' schedule on Coacht. I did I guess. Only November is filled out on ihigh. How do people know when you play? I expect this out of some of your 11AA brethren who won't even send in their scores for any sport. Step up your game. It's basketball season.

Harpeth

Waverly

Creek Wood

Montgomery Central

Cheatham

Camden

Stewart County

Edited by ksgovols

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As was the case in football you can expect Cheatham County to be MUCH IMPROVED on the hardwood this year. Devin Conner did not play football this year so that he could devote his focus 100% on the basketball court. This will be his third year as the Cubs starting point guard. Reece Hunter, the team's lone senior, returns as the captain in what should be a solid senior campaign. Jake Saunders and Wes Harlan both return as sophomores who got action of playing time last year as freshmen. Transfers Billy Thomas (used to be at Harpeth) and Jordan Darden (used to be at Creek Wood) bring plenty of size and skill to the Cubs lineup. Michael Boyd is a name that Cubs fans/opponents will also get to know in a hurry this go around. Football standouts who will contribute to the basketball team include Thatcher Brinkley, Mitchell Potts, Brady Bose, and Sam Walton. All 4 of them played a ton of snaps in football this season and I'm sure they're still getting their basketball legs under them.

The 2011-2012 season gets underway tonight with a visit from Houston County. I am excited to get my first look at this year's version of Cubs Basketball.

As far as the district looks this year..........I have no clue but hope to find out more in the next few months. Wilson's Harpeth teams, Taylor's Creek Wood teams, Rawlings' Waverly teams, and Young's Montgomery Central teams are always tough. Stewart County and Camden will each be "wild cards" as they have been the last couple of seasons in distict play. I'm sure the district race will be exciting as always and can't wait to read previews from fans around the league to tell about your respective hoops squads for the upcoming season.

Night 1 Results

Cheatham County beat Houston County 78-50

Harpeth beat Cascade 67-33

Creek Wood beat Fairview 58-32

Waverly beat East Hickman 40-27

Montgomery Central lost to Jo Byrns 36-43

I believe Stewart County played Hollow Rock-Bruceton but I did not find a score.

In the Cubs victory over Houston County scoring went as follows for Cheatham County:

Devin Conner: 19

Jordan Darden: 12

Thatcher Brinkley: 7

Brady Bose: 6

Billy Thomas: 5

Michael Boyd: 5

Jake Saunders: 5

Reece Hunter: 4

Mitchell Potts: 4

Ashton McGowan: 4

Brandon Boyte: 3

Wesley Harlan: 2

Sam Walton: 2

I still laugh when I see this stat because there have been complete seasons where this many basketball players did not reach the score book. Coach Dawson and Coach Stuart have to be excited about the Cubs prospects looking ahead. The schedule does get brutal quick with the likes of Kenwood, Rossview, Ravenwood, and White House upcoming.

As far as the district looks this year..........I have no clue but hope to find out more in the next few months. Wilson's Harpeth teams, Taylor's Creek Wood teams, Rawlings' Waverly teams, and Young's Montgomery Central teams are always tough.

howdoitknow2 you have to know nothing about basketball either to believe this because I was at the HHS vs GHS game last night and HHS coaches did not have a clue how to defend our guards and they also had no clue how to attack a zone defense the basketball coaches at HHS better learn how to defend guards who can get to the rim and they better learn how to attack a zone defense or they aint gonna win many games at all this year

Isn't Greenbrier in 9-AA? I figured you'd be over there talking about the Bobcats good season opening wins against Harpeth and Stratford.

Cheatham County (1-0) plays Kenwood (2-0) tonight as former Cubs coach John Stigall returns to Ashland City to coach against his former team. Kenwood has destroyed Gallatin and Sycamore so far in this young season. The Cubs made easy work of Houston County in the opener last week. Hope to see a large crowd at the Pat Head Summit Gymnasium tonight. Go Cubs!

BTW, as far the records I have go the mark in District 11-AA was a combined 8-2 in 10 games last week to start off the season. The breakdown looks as follows:

Stewart County (2-0): beat Bruceton Central and Northwest

Creek Wood (2-0): beat Clarksville Academy and Fairview

Cheatham (1-0): beat Houston County

Waverly (1-0): beat East Hickman

Montgomery Central (1-1): beat East Hickman; lost to Jo Byrns

Harpeth (1-1): beat Cascade; lost to Greenbrier

I have no results of games for Camden so if anyone knows how the Lions are doing please tell us.

I watched Camden play last Saturday against Milan. Camden won by 15 or 16 points. Milan has several main players still playing football so hard to judge by the score but Camden will be a force in the district I do believe. Read in paper today that Culp scored 32 last night against Huntingdon. He is a solid threat of scoring 25 plus a night. They have the Hudson kid who is very athletic and around 6'4 range playing the wing/post. The two small guards out front should be familiar to most since they were the stars of the football team. Not really basketball athletes but incredibly quick and make many things happen. I honestly can see them winning this district if matchups fall into place.

I seen HHS got a win against SHS last nite after playing HHS I knew they had some players but I didnt think they was coached good so my guess is SHS either has no talent or has no coaching

Wow, I assume from your grand total of 4 posts that you have not a clue about basketball. Harpeth has plenty of coaching and plenty of players. They have been good in the past and will be good again this year. Just because GHS played them and beat them in the 1st contest of the year doesn't mean jack squat. Let these 2 teams play 10 times and HHS beats GHS 9 out of 10 times. No contest! I give GHS credit, they did what HHS did not expect and the fact that HHS missed 23 out of 25 3-point shots. They probably wont do that all year- and I say that not really liking HHS.

Wow, I assume from your grand total of 4 posts that you have not a clue about basketball. Harpeth has plenty of coaching and plenty of players. They have been good in the past and will be good again this year. Just because GHS played them and beat them in the 1st contest of the year doesn't mean jack squat. Let these 2 teams play 10 times and HHS beats GHS 9 out of 10 times. No contest! I give GHS credit, they did what HHS did not expect and the fact that HHS missed 23 out of 25 3-point shots. They probably wont do that all year- and I say that not really liking HHS.

who is the HHS coaches then? There aint no way they beat GHS 9 out of 10 times

who is the HHS coaches then? There aint no way they beat GHS 9 out of 10 times

HHS is coached by Jamie Wilson, a pretty good college player and a good high school coach(someone who has put several players in D-1, NCAA D-2, and NAIA programs.)And yes, HHS would win 9 out of 10 times. Harpeth was also without several football players who had not joined since their loss in the playoffs. That being said, GHS will be better than last year but any increase over last years team will be an upgrade.