Thursday 1-19-12

Montgomery Central at Fairview: non-district game

Camden at Big Sandy: non-district game

Friday 1-20-12

Cheatham County at Montgomery Central

Stewart County at Camden

Creek Wood at Harpeth

Waverly (BYE)

Prior to tonight's game the Cheatham County Cubs Boys Basketball Team was a combined 2-21 all-time against Jamie Wilson (a CCCHS graduate) coached Harpeth teams. If Ashland City is experiencing "basketball fever" tonight it's because the Cubs earned a 3rd win against their former standout. It's a great time for Cheatham County Cubs basketball.

I thought it was poor form to not allow the I high broadcast at Cheatham. Harpeth doesn't have radio coverage and I high is a vehicle for out of town relatives and Harpeth and Cheatham alumni in college to keep up with their team AND generate interest in the programs. It's pretty short sighted to see it any other way.

I did enjoy the Cotton Bowl game however.

Edited by ksgovols

I thought it was poor form to not allow the I high broadcast at Cheatham. Harpeth doesn't have radio coverage and I high is a vehicle for out of town relatives and Harpeth and Cheatham alumni in college to keep up with their team AND generate interest in the programs. It's pretty short sighted to see it any other way.

Yeah I agree, I was looking forward to watching that game. I like to see Cheatham play before next week Camden game. Its hard to get a feel how good these teams are. Cheatham barley beat Stewart Co, but they beat a pretty good Harpeth by five. Waverly beats Stewart by 40 and loses to Harpeth by 12 or so. Camden has beaten everyone they played by double digits, but loses to Bruceston. Its going to be a fun season and I think exciting up till the last game.

The iHigh stream was not rejected by CCCHS officials. Where did you get this information from?

Edited by howdoitknow2

The iHigh stream was not rejected by CCCHS officials. Where did you get this information from?

Reject may not be the proper word... The Harpeth iHigh broadcast students who were broadcasting were asked to move from the same spot they filmed from during the entire girls game. They were given a spot with no power source and no real access to broadcast the game. So, they (CCHS) may have not rejected the broadcast, but they sure did not act as a gracious host. The CCHS crew was set up across the gym in the upper deck during the entire girls game... So I'm not sure why they had to relocate! It sure does look pretty suspicious to me... Especially when you consider that several of us behind the scorers table watched the lady and an administrator keep "eyeing" the film students during the girls game. If it was a problem, then something should have been said prior to tyengirlsmgame... instead of waiting till a few minutes before the boys game to ask them to leave the crows nest and find another spot. By the time the broke down and moved their gear the boys game was already underway. Take it and say it like you want to, but the actions speak much louder than any words!

Edited by bbgocats

Right. That's the way I heard it. It's whatever Joey, but the Cheatham, Sycamore, Creek Wood and Waverly radio crews have always been accommodated at Harpeth. It's bad form to not reciprocate to a worthwhile venture such as I-high. I hope somebody called Dr. Webb.

The best way to get my $5 and $5 for my kid who's going to eat Skittles and drink Cokes and shoot baskets after the game and ask me who won on the way home is.............to be hospitable, make it a fun environment and play good basketball. When I feel like it's all about the $10 admission, I'm going to quit going. There's no radio or I-high and I'm going to become apathetic. Make sure those scores keep coming into the Tennessean and Coacht or I wouldn't know anything about the games at all.

Edited by ksgovols

Reject may not be the proper word... The Harpeth iHigh broadcast students who were broadcasting were asked to move from the same spot they filmed from during the entire girls game. They were given a spot with no power source and no real access to broadcast the game. So, they (CCHS) may have not rejected the broadcast, but they sure did not act as a gracious host. The CCHS crew was set up across the gym in the upper deck during the entire girls game... So I'm not sure why they had to relocate! It sure does look pretty suspicious to me... Especially when you consider that several of us behind the scorers table watched the lady and an administrator keep "eyeing" the film students during the girls game. If it was a problem, then something should have been said prior to tyengirlsmgame... instead of waiting till a few minutes before the boys game to ask them to leave the crows nest and find another spot. By the time the broke down and moved their gear the boys game was already underway. Take it and say it like you want to, but the actions speak much louder than any words!

I'm not going to "twist" your statement at all. I don't have to do that. Cheatham County films their home games in a certain location of the gym. As the home team they reserve the right to do so. I do know for a FACT that there is a power outlet located on the balcony where the Cubs softball coach does the radio broadcasts for WQSV. There was plenty of room available up there for Harpeth to set up an iHigh broadcast. Harpeth just wanted the "prime location" to do the stream and when it interfered with the game film's location it became a problem. This just goes to prove that sometimes in life it's best to just take what you can get!

Instead of taking the spot on the balcony next to the radio broadcast it's obvious that some of the Harpeth affiliates have chosen to "cry and complain" because they didn't get their way. Now where have I seen this story play out before? Hmmmmm.....that's not to insult every Harpeth fan/follower because there are some good people in that part of the county who I have the upmost respect for however thereare also some SORE LOSERS over there who just can't take it when Cheatham County beats them at an athletic event.

And to quote your post.....Take it and say it like you want to, but the actions speak much louder than any words!

Ungracious hosts? Suspicious? Eyeing the camera crew? I am sure Cheatham was determined to keep the Harpeth ihigh people from broadcasting. Why would they do that? Where did Harpeth broadcast from last year at Cheatham? What a bunch of crybabies! Never once heard this whining when Harpeth was winning, but Cheatham beats them and now this. You lost so move on whiners!

It's not about who wins. I couldn't care less in the big scheme of things about who wins and who loses a freakin' high school basketball game. Wearing those sort of feelings on my sleeve went away when I was about 17 except for the 4 years my kid was a participant. It's about doing the right thing. It's about being accommodating. You're in that gym every game and you know where everything is. The Harpeth guys don't. It was bad form. And you cut off your own nose to spite your face because the out of town Cheatham fans can't watch either.

I love watching Creek Wood's I-high broadcasts after an event with Harpeth to get the perspective from the opposing team. And you know what, they are very professional and do a great job broadcasting the game to both sides. You know it's a Creek Wood broadcast, but it's well done and very enjoyable.

It's not about who wins. I couldn't care less in the big scheme of things about who wins and who loses a freakin' high school basketball game. Wearing those sort of feelings on my sleeve went away when I was about 17 except for the 4 years my kid was a participant. It's about doing the right thing. It's about being accommodating. You're in that gym every game and you know where everything is. The Harpeth guys don't. It was bad form. And you cut off your own nose to spite your face because the out of town Cheatham fans can't watch either. If I was a betting man, I'd bet they broadcast the game last year from the same place they set up this year.

I love watching Creek Wood's I-high broadcasts after an event with Harpeth to get the perspective from the opposing team. And you know what, they are very professional and do a great job broadcasting the game to both sides. You know it's a Creek Wood broadcast, but it's well done and very enjoyable.