Sullivan South Offseason Thread

SECPowerHouse

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

decided to start this myself

There will never be any sort of team there until anyone that wore a headset at games this last year is gone. My suggestion is a strong head coach, that actually has some control, be brought in from a long, long way away. For the sake of the kids, fans and school they need to get this done before they start back in the spring. It is not just about the wins/losses, it is about what they are being taught, the atmosphere and the examples being set by these fine leaders.

There will never be any sort of team there until anyone that wore a headset at games this last year is gone. My suggestion is a strong head coach, that actually has some control, be brought in from a long, long way away. For the sake of the kids, fans and school they need to get this done before they start back in the spring. It is not just about the wins/losses, it is about what they are being taught, the atmosphere and the examples being set by these fine leaders.

Everyone on the coaching staff is the same beside Coach Carter is not there.

It's just as much the players as it is the coaching. The fact is, when coach carter was there he was lucky enough to have one of the best crop of players Colonial Heights has ever pumped out. You can replace coaches all you want, but the players have to come in to the equation somewhere. With the exception of #15, there werent really any outstanding players in the past year. I will acredit some of the blame on the coaching, however, just becuase I do not agree with some of the play calls, doesn't mean that they aren't trying. I don't know about you but i have never coached a high school football game. And until i have im not in any position to correct the coaches on what they are doing wrong. If the only expierence you have of being a carpenter is watching someone build something on TV, then i dont think your going to go up to a master carpenter and tell him hes doing his job wrong. Just becuase you watch football does NOT make you an expert on it. Also, notice how people are always quick to throw out suggestions on what we should do on offence, what about defense? What are we doing wrong there? More often than not many people will either A) Not know what to say or B) Say we need to blitz more, becuase thats what they know and see on TV.

The point of my rant is that the coaches are not completly to blame. Take a step back and look at what we had to work with this year. A junior quarterback, who before this year never saw the field. A line filled with juniors only one of which had previous varsity expierence. Same thing on the D line. Completely new linebacking core with the exception of #15.

Now lets look at the the last group coach carter coached. Ty Garvin, 3 year starter. Ashton Zanoni, 2 year starter. 3 out of 5 of the offensive linemen had at least 2 years of expierence and 1 had 3. recievers, Kaleb Kitzmiller, 2 year starter. Seth Waterson, 2 year starter.

Ty Garvin was all state 2 years, Ashton Zanoni was all state, along with 3 out of the 5 lineman being all conference.

Don't be so quick to judge the lack of ability of the coaches.

Edited by rebelfan77

It's just as much the players as it is the coaching. The fact is, when coach carter was there he was lucky enough to have one of the best crop of players Colonial Heights has ever pumped out. You can replace coaches all you want, but the players have to come in to the equation somewhere. With the exception of #15, there werent really any outstanding players in the past year. I will acredit some of the blame on the coaching, however, just becuase I do not agree with some of the play calls, doesn't mean that they aren't trying. I don't know about you but i have never coached a high school football game. And until i have im not in any position to correct the coaches on what they are doing wrong. If the only expierence you have of being a carpenter is watching someone build something on TV, then i dont think your going to go up to a master carpenter and tell him hes doing his job wrong. Just becuase you watch football does NOT make you an expert on it. Also, notice how people are always quick to throw out suggestions on what we should do on offence, what about defense? What are we doing wrong there? More often than not many people will either A) Not know what to say or B) Say we need to blitz more, becuase thats what they know and see on TV.

The point of my rant is that the coaches are not completly to blame. Take a step back and look at what we had to work with this year. A junior quarterback, who before this year never saw the field. A line filled with juniors only one of which had previous varsity expierence. Same thing on the D line. Completely new linebacking core with the exception of #15.

Now lets look at the the last group coach carter coached. Ty Garvin, 3 year starter. Ashton Zanoni, 2 year starter. 3 out of 5 of the offensive linemen had at least 2 years of expierence and 1 had 3. recievers, Kaleb Kitzmiller, 2 year starter. Seth Waterson, 2 year starter.

Ty Garvin was all state 2 years, Ashton Zanoni was all state, along with 3 out of the 5 lineman being all conference.

Don't be so quick to judge the lack of ability of the coaches.

Never fails. Drop off in talent. I will call that bovine manure.

I don't think I have ever mentioned play calling. Although from what I have witnessed personally and heard about, it sucked, was boring and had a progressively larger number of staying home. Lots of boo-birds at a game I attended. You'll be lucky to get 2 hundred in a couple of years. That and a 3-7 season combined with a loss to Vol or Central and you will be on here crying for heads. It is coming.

But again, to me it is about who is in charge, what is being taught, the examples being set and the atmosphere that prevails.

Never fails. Drop off in talent. I will call that bovine manure.

I don't think I have ever mentioned play calling. Although from what I have witnessed personally and heard about, it sucked, was boring and had a progressively larger number of staying home. Lots of boo-birds at a game I attended. You'll be lucky to get 2 hundred in a couple of years. That and a 3-7 season combined with a loss to Vol or Central and you will be on here crying for heads. It is coming.

But again, to me it is about who is in charge, what is being taught, the examples being set and the atmosphere that prevails.

Why is everyone always so vague on the T? Everyone seems to know everything, but will not share what they claim to know. Ok, please explain what is being taught and what example is being set? What is the problem? All you seem to do is allude to some huge issues, but never come out and say what they are. You have me curious as to what your main issue is. I am clearly not involved, but would love to know what happened and what changed. My wife introduced me to South and it was an overwhelmingly positive atmosphere. So please explain to me what went wrong without being so vague.