District 3AAA

corbus

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being a fan of any team in this area but watching many of the teams play this year I have to say you need to understand that there is a fine line between cocky/arrogance and confidence. They are often mistaken for one or the other. I see the Hall's team play as a team and not rely on a certain player to get them their points. I have seen them play a couple of times and there has been a different scorer in each game. That is what a "team" does. That doesn't make them cocky or arrogant. It would be foolish for a team to come to the game and not think they can win, that is confidence.

Multiple comments:

1) Badman-you are right, Halls has played with balance, cockyness/confidence may come from the huge student following they have shown this season. I personally think its great, and that's from a Powell fan

2) CC & SS- has been a pleasure bantering on this board also, no real ugliness (see other boards in some instances) 3AAA has been surprising strong, emergence of Halls and Powell has been unexpected, along with Centrals recent play.

3) SS- Beat Halls!! Gives us a shot at 3rd, maybe even 2nd, I think you clinch district with the win. Karns still has to play Campbell County and HV (a rivalry game). We still have to come to your place on Friday, sure you have revenge on the mind, we actually have something to play for, will make for a fun game.

4) District 4AAA fans- Watch out for regionals!!!

Off to the gym to watch Senior Night!!

Shoffner got ejected tonight against Halls. Does that mean he sits first round of district tournament? Maryville game has been cancelled.

Only 3 seeds settled so far in district.

9--Clinton

8--Anderson County

7--Hardin Valley

CC at Central determines 5 & 6

Powell could really shake up district with another Oak Ridge upset. Karns has to win at HV. Lots of seeds to be worked out.

Shoffner got ejected tonight against Halls. Does that mean he sits first round of district tournament? Maryville game has been cancelled.

Only 3 seeds settled so far in district.

9--Clinton

8--Anderson County

7--Hardin Valley

CC at Central determines 5 & 6

Powell could really shake up district with another Oak Ridge upset. Karns has to win at HV. Lots of seeds to be worked out.

I hope that doesn't mean he misses the first district game? That is the 1st i have heard of that. One of the techs was for hanging on the rim for crying out loud. Stupid if he does have to sit, very stupid. But rules are rules, so whatever

So did OR clinch the district last night with the win?

AC handled Clinton with no problem last night. Just out muscled us. AC is playing well, they may sneak up on somebody in the tourney. The only good news from Clinton is the JV won.

As far as the arrogance / cockiness / or confidence issue goes, just remember they are high school kids. They may not understand the difference always their selves or how to display their emotions. The coaches should and do for the most part keep it under control. Good referees, which seem to be rare in the district, can also keep that under control on the court.

Good luck to everyone and their team in the tournament.

Any ejection for a player or a coach is a two game suspension per tssaa...

Tie breakers are head to head matchups, and then how each team did against the highest seeds. It works its way down the standings. Then they draw numbers out of hat.

I hate this for Schoffner!! He did not deserve the second T. He got the first T for staying on the rim a little too long and had that one coming, but the second T was just another bad "judgement call" by another shameless ref.

I wish I knew his name, if so, I would certainly use it, but he's tall with short dark hair and looks like a combination of Goober/Gomer Pyle. He was incredibly biased; it was embarrassing. I would challenge anyone who has game film to argue my point on this one. He should be either ashamed, or quit for his own lack of talent.

I NEVER post on the "T", but this was BAD!!

Maybe my point of view was "clouded" due to the water bottles flying in from the stuudent section everyone brags about. I know that's only one kid out of many, I sincerly hope they "took care" of their own problem.

BTW......WHO IS THAT 22 KID!!!! WHAT A SHOOTER!! GREAT GAME YOUNG MAN!!!

Edited by shank