Whio wins?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Greeneville?
    • Giles?

Jealous Much?

Btw Bewley is a Greeneville Grad and Former Greene Devil Football Player

But why you jealous? I mean didnt they help with your band? :thumb:

Although I don't agree with WGHS93 that often, I will say that his statement is true. I don't know if he is jealous or not, but it is common knowledge that greeneville would not have that turf without those 2 kind men. I also know that the people on the west end of the county are very gracious for Niswonger's donation for the band program. I wish there were more people in our community that would give graciously like him. In fact the only use of money that I have ever thought was wrong was a few years ago when 50,000 was given "under the table" to bring in a big-time coach from NC. Ballard should have been given the job then, he obviously has done a great job as head coach.

Edited by gcfball

Should we apologize for having a few very wealthy individuals who want to help the school and community? I don't think so. I don’t see West Greene turning down their money either. I'm very thankful to have them around, and you should be as well.

No you should not apologize, I think it is great for people who have money to donate to worthy causes. Education is a worthy cause and because of that turf, more games (per-wee leagues, etc) can be played without tearing up the field. As far as WG "not turning down money either" I would say that WG really doesn't have people donating money (exception of Niswonger). I am sure WG would take donations for permanent bleachers on visitor side and expansion of bleachers on home side! Anyone feeling generous?

No you should not apologize, I think it is great for people who have money to donate to worthy causes. Education is a worthy cause and because of that turf, more games (per-wee leagues, etc) can be played without tearing up the field. As far as WG "not turning down money either" I would say that WG really doesn't have people donating money (exception of Niswonger). I am sure WG would take donations for permanent bleachers on visitor side and expansion of bleachers on home side! Anyone feeling generous?

Those Saturday rec league games at Burley are price-less.

how did this thread get turned into a bit about niswonger. i thought it was supposed to be about how the sharks were gonna shut down yet another offense. mercy rule yet again

I saw his name mentioned and thought I would say a few kind words about a person who has money and uses it for good purposes. Most people with money spend it foolishly or hoard it up.

But back to the game, Greeneville 45-14.

I saw his name mentioned and thought I would say a few kind words about a person who has money and uses it for good purposes. Most people with money spend it foolishly or hoard it up.

Very true. Did you see that story on WJHL about Jason Witten getting two cancer patients at Niswonger Children’s Hospital a ticket to his game, and Mr. Niswonger flew them down there on his jet so they could make it there more comfortably. That is the type of guy he is. He does stuff like that all the time, and very few people ever hear about it.

Edited by GvilleDevilsFan