Giles at Greeneville!

DevilMan03

Whio wins?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Greeneville?
    • Giles?

Your probably thinking like me.The old astro turf that Neyland Stadium use to have.But it's probably made by the company "AstroTurf" but it's that grassy turf with that black powdery rubber dust.

It is made by the company "Astro Turf." it's synthetic field turf. Niswonger did make a large contribution. I wouldn't give Bewley nearly as much credit, a lot of talk without walking the walk. Go Greene Devils!

Your probably thinking like me.The old astro turf that Neyland Stadium use to have.But it's probably made by the company "AstroTurf" but it's that grassy turf with that black powdery rubber dust.

All I know is the cost to maintain it is minimal and it has reduced knee and ankle injuries significantly. That field takes quite a pounding with varsity, JV, Freshman, and Saturday (all day) rec league football as well as soccer and is just the first in a series of renovations planned for Burley. I think your boys will like the suface once they get the feel of it...provided they don't stay face-down in it all night Friday.

No you should not apologize, I think it is great for people who have money to donate to worthy causes. Education is a worthy cause and because of that turf, more games (per-wee leagues, etc) can be played without tearing up the field. As far as WG "not turning down money either" I would say that WG really doesn't have people donating money (exception of Niswonger). I am sure WG would take donations for permanent bleachers on visitor side and expansion of bleachers on home side! Anyone feeling generous?

you could probably make 2 or 3 bleachers out of all the milk cans in mosheim....just sayin..( i know how much you love it when we bring up the can....and i simply could not resist ) now that i have my "one snide comment per thread" out of the way, on the real, It has always been my wish to see the Nisewongers and Bewleys of the world spread that money around the entire county, however, I suppose if my kids went to city schools and i had gazillions, that's probably where my money would mostly go as well....my daughter will probably end up at west greene ( ive been begging her to come to city schools, but she dont want to leave her friends..can say that i blame her) and if i EVER become a tycoon, I will see to it that West Greene has all the milk cans it can accomodate....

All I know is the cost to maintain it is minimal and it has reduced knee and ankle injuries significantly. That field takes quite a pounding with varsity, JV, Freshman, and Saturday (all day) rec league football as well as soccer and is just the first in a series of renovations planned for Burley. I think your boys will like the suface once they get the feel of it...provided they don't stay face-down in it all night Friday.

one advantage for Giles, after the game, they can give a first hand account of what those pellets look like up close. ( god im turning into a coacht. poster..someone save me now)

that old neyland stuff was like concrete...this burley stuff is more , like...ummmm...asphalt with a brady bunch back yard on top feel, combined with that "what the heck's in my shoe" feeling after walking across a pea gravel parking lot

one advantage for Giles, after the game, they can give a first hand account of what those pellets look like up close. ( god im turning into a coacht. poster..someone save me now)

Good fertile soil down here in the land of milk & honey. We going to bring some home, sprig a few on the hash marks, add water, and bam....come spring we'll have us one of them fancy rugs, :D

Very true. Did you see that story on WJHL about Jason Witten getting two cancer patients at Niswonger Children’s Hospital a ticket to his game, and Mr. Niswonger flew them down there on his jet so they could make it there more comfortably. That is the type of guy he is. He does stuff like that all the time, and very few people ever hear about it.

i saw that story, very commendable of both Scott and Jason....I would be tickled if Scott would just buy me a plate of Tarays ribs friday night....ONLY SEVEN BUCKS A PLATE FOLKS.....hehehehe ( how am i doing T??)