Boyd Buc 2012

reaction

Hate to disappoint you, but Red Bank was not the one that took a beating. Total game time about 1/2 and Red Bank won 19-0......with most of JV in on last 2 possessions.

Both teams did a lot of subbing early. Red Bank looked better than us last night. I think they will have a pretty solid season this year. Bucs moved the ball well in between the 20's. A few things need to be worked on, but not too worried. We were missing our 2 starting LBs last night due to injury, but hopefully we will be back at full strength come week 0.

Heard we looked a lot better tonight. Wasn't there but Buc55 has the details.

Ours went well also. We beat Maplewood 2-1 with starters in. Maplewood looked pretty good. The QB is a decent athlete with a pretty good arm but he threw two INTs. The refs just blew the ball dead on the pics and put the ball back to the line of scrimmage for maplewood, I guess to not slow the scrimmage down. We would have scored on one of those pics so I guess you could say it was 3-1. They have a RB who runs hard and is pretty fast. They have two good tall receivers who beat us deep I think 3 times. Defensively, they couldn't stop our passing game. I think AJ had 2 incomplete passes out of prob 20. We couldn't run at all on them with our RBs though. There front seven was pretty good. AJ broke a few runs of around 10 yards and maybe one of 20 yards. I think they would be tough to beat in the actual season though. They were better athletes then us.

The Bucs offense moved the ball well against Brainerd scoring 3 of 4 possessions. Defense gave up a TD on the Brainerd’s 1st possession but held the rest of the night. Brainerd (only 21 players) outscored the Bucs on the night with 1st team in the whole scrimmage. The Bucs had a great mixture of run and pass. Hale only carried the ball 6 to 8 times. The Bucs had 2 inside LB missing but the younger guys played well in their absence.