Boyd Buc 2012

reaction

I had to laugh this morning reading about BB disliking the multiplier so much ("it forces us to play up above our head") when they're still Class A for every sport and in football playoffs, 2A, they advance deep into the postseason most every year. Maybe they can lower the multiplier to 1.0 to make teams like that happy.

Boyd Buchanan is playing in 2A for football which is where they should be playing. They compete quite well in 2A. I read the article this morning. I am surprised that Coach Reynolds would say what he said. All private schools do have an advantage over public schools regardless of what coaches say. A lot of parents want to get their child a private education which is fine, but the sports programs benefit greatly from the admittance of these kids in their building. The multiplier is the only logical way to help even out the playing field between public and private schools.

Boyd Buchanan is playing in 2A for football which is where they should be playing. They compete quite well in 2A. I read the article this morning. I am surprised that Coach Reynolds would say what he said. All private schools do have an advantage over public schools regardless of what coaches say. A lot of parents want to get their child a private education which is fine, but the sports programs benefit greatly from the admittance of these kids in their building. The multiplier is the only logical way to help even out the playing field between public and private schools.

^^^^^^^^ doesn't want them in 1a ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I had to laugh this morning reading about BB disliking the multiplier so much ("it forces us to play up above our head") when they're still Class A for every sport and in football playoffs, 2A, they advance deep into the postseason most every year. Maybe they can lower the multiplier to 1.0 to make teams like that happy.

Tennessee has the largest multiplier in the nation, so I don't think it's completely outrageous to discuss lowering it.

How far do you want it lowered or do you want it removed completely? Do you think it's a good idea for Chattanooga Christian, CAK, Notre Dame, Goodpasture, CPA all being in Class A sports? Without a multiplier they would be. Most Class A public teams in various sports have very little chance of big success already and this would make it even tougher.

How far do you want it lowered or do you want it removed completely? Do you think it's a good idea for Chattanooga Christian, CAK, Notre Dame, Goodpasture, CPA all being in Class A sports? Without a multiplier they would be. Most Class A public teams in various sports have very little chance of big success already and this would make it even tougher.

I am not in favor of removing the multiplier completely. I do think that a multiplier of 1.6 would be more reasonable, even though that may seem like a small difference. My problem, however, is mainly with the open-zone schools who operate like privates as far as drawing players is concerned and bear no "penalty" for it. If fairness across the board is what one desires, then something should be done to address that issue.

A 1.6 would probably keep Boyd-Buchanan and Knoxville Grace in Class A/2A football playoffs, and would move Knoxville Catholic down closer to the AA/AAA cutoff, not much else. That small of an impact shouldn't be reason for a change unless you just want it out of principle. Right now with the multiplier BB usually has one of the largest totals in the Class A group, about 500.

Edited by Indian