Team to beat in 1a next year?

Fat12

I remember seeing #34 last week. He is a good looking 9th grader, BUT I don't think he runs a 4.5 40. South Pitt has about 3-4 kids that run in the 4.6 range. I didn't see anyone from Gordonsville faster than anyone from them on the field. I believe #34 was chasing Lankford on one touchdown and didn't make up any ground on him. Lankford is only around a 4.6-4.7 so there is no way that kid runs a 4.5 40. Most people really don't realize exactly how fast a 4.5 40 is. Itavius Mathers is like the top recruit at RB in the state of Tennessee and only runs a 4.5 forty.

he was on the other side of the field on the run you are talking about he did catch him about the time he was in the in zone i have sen him run a 4.6 and sometimes a 4.5 you have to remember he is just 15 he already sqs 400 lb and beaches 215 not bad for a 15 year old

I believe South Pitt and Gordonsville will be head and shoulders above everyone else next year.

greenback will be right there with both of you,they return about 17 seniors and close to the same number of juniors,also had a really good freshman class come up also.thats one of the reasons we didnt blow out or score a ton of points on some of the weaker teams on our schedule,we rotated 8 or 9 offensive lineman and 4 or 5 defensive lineman(most were sohmores) in every game but south pitt,that game we didnt rotate just let the big boys play the whole game and that turned out pretty good for us,showed the kids what they can do when they put their all into a whole game.If they can develope a QB they will be right there in the hunt.

I remember seeing #34 last week. He is a good looking 9th grader, BUT I don't think he runs a 4.5 40. South Pitt has about 3-4 kids that run in the 4.6 range. I didn't see anyone from Gordonsville faster than anyone from them on the field. I believe #34 was chasing Lankford on one touchdown and didn't make up any ground on him. Lankford is only around a 4.6-4.7 so there is no way that kid runs a 4.5 40. Most people really don't realize exactly how fast a 4.5 40 is. Itavius Mathers is like the top recruit at RB in the state of Tennessee and only runs a 4.5 forty.

Mathers isn't the top recruit...Kimbrow is and he runs a 4.3. But you're right, people don't realize just how fast a 4.5 is. If he ran a 4.5 using a stop watch, my guess is its really a 4.7-4.8

SP isn't going anywhere!! They will return their own version of the three headed monster offensively thats carried them...They lose a couple lineman on both sides of the ba including their anchor in Branham and lose the stud Mike Backer in Blevins...Then you got the twins and Chubb...Several starters will have to be replaced but I've been told their are alot of guys that are 9th and 10th graders that should be ready to step in....U never know of course but two talented classes to help them reload...I counted tonight and we have 10,21,5,2,56 and 28 played a good bit..5-6 guys back on defense...Offense we should have our big 3 in 2/5/6 then 63...So thats 4 on offense..I'm sure 11 has played enough to help fill void at one WR position and we have 51 coming back too....Several younger guys (maybe 4-5) will be looked at to get in done in the trenches..In my opinion we will be better running the ball but not alot to throw too so I'm sure the "O" might be tweaked some... We will be just fine but yes Gordonsville will be even tougher next year

every 4 years

The did it in 2009 for 2009 and 2010 and adjusted it last year for 2011 and `12. That meas the main 4 year deal will be coming up in the summer or late spring of 2013. 2009 is when this hybrid z crap started, this is the third year of it. Sissy Mtn was in our district the 1st 2 years and this year was in 4a.

Gordonsville will be the front runner going into next season. Almost the entire team is juniors. I predict they will go 14-0 and win it all. Smith, Trousdale and Friendship all lose alot so I believe this will allow Gordonsville to sweep all three on the way to a very special season. Union City and Huntingdon will be players in the west. Wayne County and Perry will both drop off next season. South Pitt will possibly be the second best in the east next season. Greenback will also be a good team, but I think Gordonsville is the favorite going in.

sounds good to me but gordonsville cant win a big game in any way shape or form. at best we start the season 1 and 2. then after that we look good thumping teams that wouldnt make a good freshman squad. then we play sp and kick and scream when it doesnt come easy. some day i hope we buck up and play like i know we can. oh,and by the way, dont for one second take me for a fool. if we ran into sp last week instead of eagleville we would not have made the semis. sp is the team to beat in 1a plain and simple. good luck next week so we can say "at least it took the state champ to put us out".

• Upvote 1