Team to beat in 1a next year?

Fat12

Well not much has been sayed about WC next year and maybe ritefully so but I'm gonna say we wont be as bad as some may think. Good talent waiting in the wings,hard to get time behind 17 seniors that were good enough to win state, but we could be alrite. Good skill players couple of really good linrman good class coming in GREAT coaching so dont count us out. Now dont get me wrong I'm not garunteeing a trip back to the finals next year but dont think it could be as far away as some might think! GO CATS :thumb:

Grace chatt,midway and cloudland shld win at least 4,harriman lost a lot from a team that was very bad could see them o for next yr,how does the basin look for next year?sunbright could win four i think,but will have a huge drop off in talent.That would be a freaken waste of a quad possibly the four best teams in 1A in same quad would be ridiculous!(i guess the west teams would be happy)we would beat each other to death,but anyway the east rules the west in football 1 thru 6A.

Copper Basin will be better next year I think. They only had three seniors this year so they will be a more mature team.

Grace chatt,midway and cloudland shld win at least 4,harriman lost a lot from a team that was very bad could see them o for next yr,how does the basin look for next year?sunbright could win four i think,but will have a huge drop off in talent.That would be a freaken waste of a quad possibly the four best teams in 1A in same quad would be ridiculous!(i guess the west teams would be happy)we would beat each other to death,but anyway the east rules the west in football 1 thru 6A.

3 of top 4 or 5 was in one quad this year and it wasnt in the east :mrgreen:

We will drop but we have some good Freshman and Soph. that will step up and be big next year but it will prolly take another year to be back at this level of play for Wayne Co.

Don't think the level of play your talking about is going to back for a while. But Coach Rice does have one more little one haha. I feel like that group will have a good shot at it maybe one year. Wayne Co. has been spoiled the past 5 to 6 years. Coach Rice and Coach Crews will have their work cut out for them. It will be considered a good season if Wayne Co. wins 6 to 7 games.

I look for UC to be strong out of the west, but I think SP will walk through the east.

Gordonsville is returning about 20 seniors. Playing up there is tough. SP will have to finish at least 9 -1 to get more playoff games in SP. Rounds 2, 3 and 4 on the road this year was a record. We had knocked of 2 ranked teams in the playoffs on the road before, but not 3.

Union City better improve on defense a whole lot if are the best team in the west. Teams like Lake co,Humbolt, Huntingdon, West Carroll, Dresden, snd Wayne Co might have a say in how uc finishes the year. Should make for a exciting year of football.

I think that West Carroll will make some noise in the west side of the bracket. They are returning a lot of players and even if they made it to the semis playing in a weak quad 4, that experience alone will help them and they'll be wanting to improve on that 4th round. As for Union City, I agree that the D will have to be better. The one team that I think will make some noise depending on the # of returning starters is Moore Co. They could have been good this year but got banged up early by Wayne Co. by losing their starting QB and lost a lot of morale after that!

Gordonsville is returning about 20 seniors. Playing up there is tough. SP will have to finish at least 9 -1 to get more playoff games in SP. Rounds 2, 3 and 4 on the road this year was a record. We had knocked of 2 ranked teams in the playoffs on the road before, but not 3.

As of right now, Gordonsville gets my vote to win it all next year.