Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

First off, congratulations to both teams for making it this far. It has been a truly special season for both teams regardless of Friday night's outcome.

One thing I do know is that all the talk won't mean a thing come Friday night. Both teams have overcome a lot of doubt, and have beaten each and every team that has been placed in front of them. Both HC and Powell are very deserving of this moment, and I expect both teams will leave everything they have on the field. The only thing I know about Powell is that they have won handedly all season, and have an outstanding running back who recently committed to UK. Henry County has a left tackle who recently committed to Vandy, along with a handful of other Division 1 prospects. They have size, speed, depth, and are very well coached. I'm looking forward to an injury-free, hard fought football game at TTU Friday night, and I'm hoping that a Gold ball will be on its way back to Paris afterwards! Best of luck to both teams!

GO PATRIOTS!!!

• Upvote 1

First off, congratulations to both teams for making it this far. It has been a truly special season for both teams regardless of Friday night's outcome.

One thing I do know is that all the talk won't mean a thing come Friday night. Both teams have overcome a lot of doubt, and have beaten each and every team that has been placed in front of them. Both HC and Powell are very deserving of this moment, and I expect both teams will leave everything they have on the field. The only thing I know about Powell is that they have won handedly all season, and have an outstanding running back who recently committed to UK. Henry County has a left tackle who recently committed to Vandy, along with a handful of other Division 1 prospects. They have size, speed, depth, and are very well coached. I'm looking forward to an injury-free, hard fought football game at TTU Friday night, and I'm hoping that a Gold ball will be on its way back to Paris afterwards! Best of luck to both teams!

GO PATRIOTS!!!

Great post! :thumb:

GO PANTHERS!!!

Hc is alot better team than i thought this year. In the last two weeks they have played good teams and found out what they were made of. Although Ridgeway shut us down in the second half our defense stood up to a powerful team and proved victorious. I dont know anything about Powell accept they are undefeated in the East and that is alot more than in our part of the state. IF our kids play 4 focused quarters of football we will be hard to beat by ANY team anywhere we are that good. COACHING and strategy will be key just look back a few years to hillsboro when we were out coached and wasnt able to adjust this will be vital in a game like this. I never thought COUNCE was very good before but this staff and how they have handled this team hats off to our coaches. I THINK THE BOYS AND THE COACHES ARE UP TO THE CHALLENGE AND HC WINS A NAIL BITER BY SIX UNLESS WE IMPROVE OUR KICKING GAME THEN BY 7. WE CAN PASS WOW THAT IS WHY WE WIN

Hc is alot better team than i thought this year. In the last two weeks they have played good teams and found out what they were made of. Although Ridgeway shut us down in the second half our defense stood up to a powerful team and proved victorious. I dont know anything about Powell accept they are undefeated in the East and that is alot more than in our part of the state. IF our kids play 4 focused quarters of football we will be hard to beat by ANY team anywhere we are that good. COACHING and strategy will be key just look back a few years to hillsboro when we were out coached and wasnt able to adjust this will be vital in a game like this. I never thought COUNCE was very good before but this staff and how they have handled this team hats off to our coaches. I THINK THE BOYS AND THE COACHES ARE UP TO THE CHALLENGE AND HC WINS A NAIL BITER BY SIX UNLESS WE IMPROVE OUR KICKING GAME THEN BY 7. WE CAN PASS WOW THAT IS WHY WE WIN

Oh great...another expert in coaching! You are exactly what our team is needing at this point of the season....another goon pretending he knows more than any coach. I guess we can assume the it was Gaddis (or another member of the staff) called for the "chop block" erasing the biggest chunk of yardage on our "would be" tieing scoring drive at Hillsboro? I too am sure he/they were responsible for the penalties in that game? And what "Counce coached" teams did you watch during his "previous tenure" in Paris?? At what point did you reach the conclusion that he "was not good"? Was he not 10-0 his 2nd season as a head coach? Do all of us Patriot fans a favor this week...and STOP POSTING...you are literally "vomitting ignorance" on this forum all along while pretending to be wise and supportive! Judging from your information...I'm responding to your 2nd post....please stop while you are "light years" behind!!

Edited by QBClubPrez

For ALL OTHER Patriot fans...we will use this forum, the Paris Post Intelligencer, and WMUF Radio for announcements related to the week's activities, travel information, and updates as gameday approaches. The majority of the Patriot coaching staff and athletic administation will know more after this afternoon's meeting and tomorrow's press conference at the Embassey Suites in Murfreesboro. Those wishing to ride fan buses to Cookeville...please do not wait until Thursday to decide...also...there will probably be a decision on both the PSSD and Henry County School systems today or early tomorrow regarding Friday's schedule. As soon as its known (100% sure)...we will pass it along! Thanks and Go Big Red!!

Oh great...another expert in coaching! You are exactly what our team is needing at this point of the season....another goon pretending he knows more than any coach. I guess we can assume the it was Gaddis (or another member of the staff) called for the "chop block" erasing the biggest chunk of yardage on our "would be" tieing scoring drive at Hillsboro? I too am sure he/they were responsible for the penalties in that game? And what "Counce coached" teams did you watch during his "previous tenure" in Paris?? At what point did you reach the conclusion that he "was not good"? Was he not 10-0 his 2nd season as a head coach? Do all of us Patriot fans a favor this week...and STOP POSTING...you are literally "vomitting ignorance" on this forum all along while pretending to be wise and supportive! Judging from your information...I'm responding to your 2nd post....please stop while you are "light years" behind!!

Possibly a troll. I won't concern myself too much with it. These players believe in this coaching staff, as do the rest of us Patriot supporters who have any sort of clue.

No offense bc850, but if you want to get on here and call out our coaching staff during a 14-0 season in which we've annihilated every team we've lined up against with the exception of one, you're pretty much asking for quite a backlash from some of the HC faithful. I will personally guarantee you these coaches possess an infinitely superior amount of knowledge to this game than you do. Just sit back and enjoy the ride (if you are even really a Patriot fan).

GEE QB PREZ I THOUGHT THIS WAS A FORUM NOT THE QB CLUB FORUM I GUESS ITS PRETTY CLEAR YOU ARE THE FOREMOST AUTHORITY ON THIS SORRY I GOT YOUR PANTIES IN A WAD FROM MY IGNORANCE BY THE WAY IVE PLAYED A LITTLE MORE BALL THAN MOST

No one is "doubting" your "playing days" nor the ability you had in during that era...However..I AM the foremost authority on respect for those who lead our athletic programs to new heights...and "call to the carpet" those who insist that anything short of "championships" is in someway related to "faulty coaching," "outcoaching," or "play calling" when in fact...in EACH semi final game the Patriots have participated in...none of these scenerios apply. Understand..as in your day...the game is played by young men who often misread, create penalties, and often find themselves out of position no matter the scheme, play, or score. You as a "former baller" should understand this...and I'm sure do. Has it ever crossed your or any other fans' mind why so many "former Patriot coaches have State Championships at other schools?? Maybe it's because Henry County is a "haven" for excellent high school football coaches. And to "question a staff's ability" is easy..yet foolish.

example; Kevin Creasy, Don Coady, Jeff Morris, Scott Samsel, Joe Gaddis, etc.

Haven't seen this much garbage posted all year.

Powell posters . . . fair warning. Posting garbage can result in thorough Fact checking. You really don't want to be thoroughly Fact checked. Trying to match wits with FactsOnly isn't as bad as lining up against the Patriots, but it can be pretty bad.

Facts:

1 Henry County's first team has not had 38 points scored against it in over a year

2 Henry County will not have half this value scored against it this Friday

3 Powell's running back is acknowledged to be very, very good

4 Powell's running back will not be the most talented running back we've faced this year

5 A one dimensional offense cannot compete against Henry County's offense

6 (Your instinct is to post that Powell is not one dimensional, please keep reading)

7 At some point, usually in the first quarter, a receiver will take a hit like he has never experienced prior to Friday

8 That receiver will have no interest in another ball being passed to him that night

9 When Fact #8 is solidified, the game becomes one dimensional

10 See Fact #5

11 Henry County has no concern about your spies/scouts/spooks . . . we will do what we do. You can send your spies, spooks, scouts, superintendent, head coach and whoever else you please. We will do what we do. There is no amount of preparation, clandestine activity, or paying off referees that will change this Fact. We will do what we do.

Edited by FactsOnly