Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

No contest...I have been right all year and I am right again. Powell is the best among a group of weak pretenders. They have a very good running back,a good running QB, some athletic receivers but the QB doesn't throw very well. The kicking game looks like it was born in Memphis...they are athletic, but it will be over by halftime. Henry County will dismantle Powell and Powell won't know what hit them. I am not a guy who just runs my mouth without attempting to be accurate...check my posts. I don't expect the Powell faithful to like me because the truth hurts. Heck, some HC fans don't care for me because I don't sugarcoat things or make an attempt to be politically correct. This will be the worst of all the title games...especially for Powell. I will have little more to say, because the game isn't worth my time...HC is VASTLY superior to Powell. Remember I said this.

After hearing Red Warrior, my prediction is...

Henry County 27 Powell 14

Henry County scores for the first time with less than two minutes left in the game as the clock is running continuously. Final: Powell 38, HC 7. Remember, you heard it here first!

lets think about that for just one second. not to be rude but what dream land were you in when you came up with that rediculus prediction. granted powell is undefeated and has a very strong offensive. but your looking at a offensive team (powell) vs. a solid offensive team with a top rated defensive (Henry County). this is a unbiased opinion when i say that it will be a game for the books. Powell just does not compare to henry county that has a rock solid team and is hungry to bring home the gold for the first time in henry county history and thats what im seeing this friday night.

No contest...I have been right all year and I am right again. Powell is the best among a group of weak pretenders. They have a very good running back,a good running QB, some athletic receivers but the QB doesn't throw very well. The kicking game looks like it was born in Memphis...they are athletic, but it will be over by halftime. Henry County will dismantle Powell and Powell won't know what hit them. I am not a guy who just runs my mouth without attempting to be accurate...check my posts. I don't expect the Powell faithful to like me because the truth hurts. Heck, some HC fans don't care for me because I don't sugarcoat things or make an attempt to be politically correct. This will be the worst of all the title games...especially for Powell. I will have little more to say, because the game isn't worth my time...HC is VASTLY superior to Powell. Remember I said this.

I kinda agree with you Red Warrior. However I will have to mention a Positive with Powell and I know this from experience. They apparently have one of the best scouts in East Tennessee and that is a compliment to Powell. This could very well be a deciding factor on the outcome of this game. Seriously. It all depends on what Henry County (HC) can keep quite as far as game plan. I firmly believe if HC is able to make some small changes on offense, study the films of Powell and keep their game plan quite they will come out with a lop sided victory. If Powell on the other hand is able to figure out the game plan then they will win by a couple of touch downs. This will be an interesting game. The other factor is the officials. From the games that I have watched, the officials tend to favor Powell overall when it hurts the other team the most; just my outside observation. So I am taking a wild guess and when all the dust clears, I believe HC wins 35-21.

The sentiment espoused by the HC fan base thus far is magnificently similar to that which was coming from the West fans before their Powell game. I'll bow out of this debate before my entrance and let Panther football speak for itself.

Really?!?!? Is this not a message board designed to do just that, be exuberant toward your favorite team? Or am I misunderstanding you, was Knox West supposed to get on here and say "man that Powell team is going to be good, don't know if we can play with them." Sounds to me like you are bowing out of the conversation because you have absolutely nothing to offer it. Henry County Football, and in particular the Big Red D, will not only speak for itself, it will send a message so loud and clear that even you will hear it.

Go Big RED!!!

The sentiment espoused by the HC fan base thus far is magnificently similar to that which was coming from the West fans before their Powell game. I'll bow out of this debate before my entrance and let Panther football speak for itself.

And the thing is, the team has backed up those statements every single Friday night that they've played...even with the naysayers saying otherwise. As I've said before, when the doubters doubt, we win.

I could definitely see this being a game for a half, but in the end HC wins. Our o-line wears people down, and the defense is without a doubt the best we've ever had. Play HC ball, and we'll be champs.

Leaving for Cookeville early Friday to watch my Bulldawgs and then as an extra bonus, kinda

like Christmas comes early, we get to watch the best team in 5A, Henry County.

The Pats by double digits.

I agree with ya juice. I like you love my Dawgs, but I am excited about seeing Henry Co. play for a title as well. I know what they have after seeing them play our beloved bulldawgs in the preseason jamboree. I was very impressed with what I saw. Jelks is a freak. We both know how good Marshay Nunn is and Jelks made him look like a middle schooler. I think the Patriots win this one by at least two scores. I know Mobley is special, but I see it being 35-21 Henry Co.

I kinda agree with you Red Warrior. However I will have to mention a Positive with Powell and I know this from experience. They apparently have one of the best scouts in East Tennessee and that is a compliment to Powell. This could very well be a deciding factor on the outcome of this game. Seriously. It all depends on what Henry County (HC) can keep quite as far as game plan. I firmly believe if HC is able to make some small changes on offense, study the films of Powell and keep their game plan quite they will come out with a lop sided victory. If Powell on the other hand is able to figure out the game plan then they will win by a couple of touch downs. This will be an interesting game. The other factor is the officials. From the games that I have watched, the officials tend to favor Powell overall when it hurts the other team the most; just my outside observation. So I am taking a wild guess and when all the dust clears, I believe HC wins 35-21.

This has to be one of the most remarkable posts in any thread. You are suggesting that a scout ("one of the best...in East Tennessee") will be a deciding factor in a playoff game. And you write about what Henry County can keep "quite" as far as the game plan is concerned. Are you describing a scout or a spy here? A scout would watch Henry County play and draw conclusions from that; a spy would sneak about and secretly watch practices this week. In case you are not aware of this, the age of videotaping has virtually ended legitimate scouting; HC will be able to get video of every Powell game, and vice versa. Coach Counce and his staff, as talented as any in the state, will capably analyze these and construct a game plan; I am sure Coach Lowe and his staff will do the same. This will be one factor in making a game plan. The larger factor will be what you know your team's strengths and weaknesses are. It is of small consequence to know that the opponent's LBs can't cover curl routes if you know your QB can't throw curls.. The best team to scout is always your own. Will there be some surprise formations and new plays? Probably. But both these teams are going to "dance with who brung them," as they say.

Mobley will be Henry County's target, and Powell will rely on him. Most teams do not even scout any longer; their coaches just exchange game tapes. High school football is less about espionage tnan it is about blocking and teackling.

Edited by Augielio

Right you are, CSM. West fans are remarkably quiet now and HC fans and their hangers-on will be silenced just the same! HC will be trounced this Friday and Powell will make them like it. Remember, you heard it here first! And BTW, I'm NOT a Powell guy but I do recognize football superiority.

Right you are, CSM. West fans are remarkably quiet now and HC fans and their hangers-on will be silenced just the same! HC will be trounced this Friday and Powell will make them like it. Remember, you heard it here first! And BTW, I'm NOT a Powell guy but I do recognize football superiority.

Your name alone simply speaks volumes... :rolleyes: