Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

I am by no means an unbiased observer. I am a true blue Panther fan. I have been looking at some things on YouTube, and these teams look very similar. I think this is going to be an epic football game. I see it coming down to the wire. I do want to address the Mobley factor here. I don't know the caliber of the other backs that HC has faced. I also think that Mobley is vastly underrated by recruiters. He is representing the East in the Toyota East West All Star Game. I believe that will help to bump his recruiting stock a bit. I have a hard time believing he will end up as a Wildcat, but time will tell. I just think he has a very, VERY rare combination of size and speed. He is as fast as any back that Powell has ever had (faster than Milligan, Watts, and Houston and at least as fast as Tudor is seems like), but Powell has had some fast backs over the years. They have never had one with this type of power to go with it. Mobley absolutely punishes teams when he runs (much like 34 for HC who also looks to be a monster in the backfield). On top of that, Mobley's vision is top notch. He sees cuts seemingly before they happen. I know I'm a homer, but it's an outrage that he wasn't even in the top three for Mr. Football if you ask me. Say what you will about the level of Powell's competition, but he certainly can't help that, and all he did was have one of the most prolific seasons in the history of Tennessee high school football. Lots of other backs in the region and they weren't doing that to these defenses. Not to mention, I firmly believe that AE, OR, Ootlewah, LC, and West are all very, VERY solid football teams.

Sorry for the novel...I just don't like to see that kid mentioned as if he's not elite because he's the best player to ever play at Powell High School IMO. I absolutely CANNOT WAIT for this game Friday night.

Who else was on him before he committed?

good luck henry county

coach counce (big and little james) go get you a state championship....your friends in dyersburg are supporting ya

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll second that :thumb: If ever a coach deserved a Gold Ball its Coach Counce !!

GO BIG RED !!!1

I am by no means an unbiased observer. I am a true blue Panther fan. I have been looking at some things on YouTube, and these teams look very similar. I think this is going to be an epic football game. I see it coming down to the wire. I do want to address the Mobley factor here. I don't know the caliber of the other backs that HC has faced. I also think that Mobley is vastly underrated by recruiters. He is representing the East in the Toyota East West All Star Game. I believe that will help to bump his recruiting stock a bit. I have a hard time believing he will end up as a Wildcat, but time will tell. I just think he has a very, VERY rare combination of size and speed. He is as fast as any back that Powell has ever had (faster than Milligan, Watts, and Houston and at least as fast as Tudor is seems like), but Powell has had some fast backs over the years. They have never had one with this type of power to go with it. Mobley absolutely punishes teams when he runs (much like 34 for HC who also looks to be a monster in the backfield). On top of that, Mobley's vision is top notch. He sees cuts seemingly before they happen. I know I'm a homer, but it's an outrage that he wasn't even in the top three for Mr. Football if you ask me. Say what you will about the level of Powell's competition, but he certainly can't help that, and all he did was have one of the most prolific seasons in the history of Tennessee high school football. Lots of other backs in the region and they weren't doing that to these defenses. Not to mention, I firmly believe that AE, OR, Ootlewah, LC, and West are all very, VERY solid football teams.

Sorry for the novel...I just don't like to see that kid mentioned as if he's not elite because he's the best player to ever play at Powell High School IMO. I absolutely CANNOT WAIT for this game Friday night.

Nothing wrong with any of the opinions expressed here.

1 No one believes Mobley is not elite

2 We are all homers

Edited by FactsOnly

Nothing wrong with any of the opinions expressed here.

1 No one believes Mobley is not elite

2 We are all homers

But what if:

1 Shaquille Allen ran the ball 80% of the time?

2 Or Najie Ray ran the ball 80% of the time?

3 Or Caleb Counce ran the ball 80% of the time?

4 Or Jamari Curtis ran the ball 80% of the time?

Any one of these guys would have big, big yards and broken records and accolades and generate a lot of excitement about being an elite running back.

But . . . they don't.

From what I understand, Toledo was the first 1A to offer him. Memphis, UK, Cincinatti, Vandy and Mississippi ST had all shown a good deal of interest, and I believe have all come to see him play or practice at some point during the season.

I believe that UK and Toledo are still the only D1 offers though.

Why did UT not go after him? It is obvious we need help on the hill !!!

I assume he is a great player and an elite back, however, I am sure there is a reason UT did not go after him and Memphis, Cincinatti, Vandy and Mississippi St. did not offer.

First, how are his grades?

Second, how is his character/attitude?

He may have all components. I don't know. Time will only tell if his big numbers in high school will translate to the college game. FactsOnly makes a great point as well.

But what if:

1 Shaquille Allen ran the ball 80% of the time?

2 Or Najie Ray ran the ball 80% of the time?

3 Or Caleb Counce ran the ball 80% of the time?

4 Or Jamari Curtis ran the ball 80% of the time?

Any one of these guys would have big, big yards and broken records and accolades and generate a lot of excitement about being an elite running back.

But . . . they don't.

For a self-proclaimed mental giant who purportedly always checks his facts, FauxOnly needs to take a gander at how many carries the best RB in the State of Tennessee averages per game. Then FauxOnly might also wish to note how many yards per carry the best RB in the State of Tennessee has. And finally, FauxOnly might then wish to acknowledge that he fears the PAL!

As an aside, he might also wish to define what he means by a back running the ball "80% of the time" in order to dispense with the hopeless ambiguity extant in his post. Does he mean 80% of the team's total offensive plays? Or does he mean 80% of all carries on the team? In either case, he'll find that neither supposed fact obtains with respect to Mobley.