Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

Well folks, looks like the Patriots have the whole team healthy and ready to go!!! Hey Powell fans....Do you have any starters out from injuries? We've been very fortunate this season in this area with minimal damage other than a concussion in the 1st round.

theres a 2 defensive players who got hurt late in the regular season who are unfortuntly out for the game.

A few questions for those that have been to Tucker stadium before:

How is the stadium seating, metal or concrete?

How is parking, easy to find? Scattered?

Any other advice or words of wisdom for someone that has not been to the stadium before?

ROLL RED ROLL, GO BIG RED!

Thanks, Hubjr

As a TTU alum, here's a little bit of advice:

The main parking lot for the stadium is in between it and the Hooper-Eblen (basketball arena) - Student Athletic Center. There's also another large parking lot adjacent to the main one that's between Tucker and the Volpe Library. I'm sure this is where they'll charge for parking. There are two other parking lots within walking distance. One is on North Dixie Ave. across from the Bryan Fine Arts building. Another is in between the engineering quad of buildings and capital quad dorms. They might charge at either one of those. There's parking behind Matthews-Daniels Hall and a few others on the main quad if you want to have your best chance to escape paying for parking.

The easiest way to get to TTU and Tucker Stadium is by taking Exit 286 onto Willow Avenue. Drive north about 4-5 miles through town and you'll take a right on 12th St. The stadium and arena will easily be seen before you turn. I'm sure this route will be heavy with traffic, so I will be taking some sidestreets.

The stadium is concrete with metal seating. Each side sits about 8,500. 24/7 turf was added in 2007. At Tech home football games, the ROTC shoots off a canon every time they score. Wouldn't that go nicely with the horn crew?

Anything else that you want to know about Tech or Cookeville, just ask.

Edited by chaos001

As a TTU alum, here's a little bit of advice:

The main parking lot for the stadium is in between it and the Hooper-Eblen (basketball arena) - Student Athletic Center. There's also another large parking lot adjacent to the main one that's between Tucker and the Volpe Library. I'm sure this is where they'll charge for parking. There are two other parking lots within walking distance. One is on North Dixie Ave. across from the Bryan Fine Arts building. Another is in between the engineering quad of buildings and capital quad dorms. They might charge at either one of those. There's parking behind Matthews-Daniels Hall and a few others on the main quad if you want to have your best chance to escape paying for parking.

The easiest way to get to TTU and Tucker Stadium is by taking Exit 286 onto Willow Avenue. Drive north about 4-5 miles through town and you'll take a right on 12th St. The stadium and arena will easily be seen before you turn. I'm sure this route will be heavy with traffic, so I will be taking some sidestreets.

The stadium is concrete with metal seating. Each side sits about 8,500. 24/7 turf was added in 2007. At Tech home football games, the ROTC shoots off a canon every time they score. Wouldn't that go nicely with the horn crew?

Anything else that you want to know about Tech or Cookeville, just ask.

I would like to know some good local spots to eat & have a drink. Keep in mind my crew & I are many years removed from college.

I would like to know some good local spots to eat & have a drink. Keep in mind my crew & I are many years removed from college.

After turning onto Willow the next main intersection is the one that runs along I40. Turn right it is restuarant row. I like Chedders. THere is a good Mexican place on Willow about half way between I40 and school it is on right in a small shopping center sits next to road. It is very good.

We will most likely stop at new Mt Juliet exit where all the eateries are. I am guessing that Cookeville eateries might be crowded.

Be Safe SEC!

GO PATS !!!!!

Most of the restaurants in town are located on Interstate Drive that runs parallel to I-40 and connects Exits 286 & 287. All are chain places including: Chili's, O'Charley's, Red Lobster, Ruby Tuesday, Cheddar's, IHOP, Cracker Barrel, Olive Garden, and over Jefferson St. is Longhorn Steakhouse.

As far as true local establishments, there are a few Mexican restaurants like El Tapatio on Jefferson and another on Willow that has been mentioned. By TTU is a Thai restaurant on Dixie (if still open) and off Dixie by school on 9th or 10th is Spankies (not to be confused in any way with the Puryear establishment). It's part bar and restaurant and was a place I knew VERY well. Food was almost always good, and so were the drinks. It also has a very large patio in the front that is usually covered and heated during the winter. There should be a lot of room.

http://spankiesrestaurant.com/

For breakfast are some of the aforementioned places plus a donut place called Big O's over on Washington.

I'm in Nashville until tomorrow at noon and will get into Cookevegas early. If I think of or see anything else, I'll update on here.

Edited by chaos001

I have studied this matchup all week and remain unsure.

Questions:

1 Is Mobley all that or did he shine in a weak district? Both?

2 Henry County has a clear advantage in coaching staff. Is this matched by the game being in Powell's neighborhood?

3 Both districts were terribly weak. Will Henry County's more formidable playoff schedule prove advantageous?

4 Will Powell be adequately prepared for the "away from the ball" play that has served Henry County so well all year?

5 We all are well aware of the big names: Allen, McPhetridge, Jelks, Ray, Mobley. They will all meet expectations. Will the difference in this game be the role players?

6 Paris will travel better. How much better?

7 Henry County is a little better in each aspect of this matchup. Will this amount to a comfortable win and enjoyable game, or will we be biting our nails until half way through the third quarter?

8 Does Powell know who Brad Owens, LaQuan McFerrin, Storme Hilliard, Caleb Counce, Martrell Kendall, Jimmy Camper, Randall Dunlap, and Jamari Curtis are?

9 Did I REALLY make reservations in Cookeville after the Liberty game?

Answers:

1 Yes

2 Not at all

3 Not a factor

4 Possibly, but if so, they will be the first

5 Yes

6 Noticeably

7 Still having trouble with this one

8 Uh oh

9 I really did

I made my reservations 2 months ago. Once I had seen this Patriot defense (especially the pass D, which has been our nemesis the last few years), I knew we had the best chance to make it to and possibly win at state.

We'll know this time tomorrow.

Edited by chaos001