Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

I really would like to think that District 3-AAA has really given Powell everything but the kitchen sink. So with this in mind I would want to believe Powell can pull this game off. They will have to play their best. But even if we could say District 3-AAA were to have been weaker this still would not determine Powell's ability to win or lose this game, necessarily.

So all that being said go Panthers show them what you really can do!

I have studied this matchup all week and remain unsure.

Questions:

1 Is Mobley all that or did he shine in a weak district? Both?

OK, I'll play the game on Mobley's numbers.

Let's just for discussion sake completely discount what he did in the regular season, which we all know isn't really applicable, but I'll play along.

Let's just look at his playoff numbers:

4 games

94 carries

1003 rushing yards

10.7 yards per carry

15 Touchdowns

The point - even if you claim he put up his numbers against a weak district, those playoff numbers are still pretty strong.

Let's just for discussion sake completely discount what he did in the regular season, which we all know isn't really applicable, but I'll play along.

4 games

94 carries

1003 rushing yards

10.7 yards per carry

15 Touchdowns

The point - even if you claim he put up his numbers against a weak district, those playoff numbers are still pretty strong.

Wow... I didn't realize his playoff numbers were this impressive. That just can't be intelligently argued with.

Go Powell...bring the gold ball EAST!!

Edited by 3wiggle

4 games

94 carries

1003 rushing yards

10.7 yards per carry

15 Touchdowns

HTV, those are very impressive numbers. I am looking forward to seeing this kid play. I still think our defense is up for the challange. GO BIG RED !!!! ROLL RED ROLL !!!

4 games

94 carries

1003 rushing yards

10.7 yards per carry

15 Touchdowns

Very impressive. I do not discount Mobley's talent in any way. I do stand by my opinion that a fantastic player posts more spectacular numbers against a schedule such as he played against this year.

Averaging 24 carries per game in the playoffs? It was suggested he really didn't touch the ball so much. Was this exaggerated or did I overinterpret that comment?

Very impressive. I do not discount Mobley's talent in any way. I do stand by my opinion that a fantastic player posts more spectacular numbers against a schedule such as he played against this year.

Averaging 24 carries per game in the playoffs? It was suggested he really didn't touch the ball so much. Was this exaggerated or did I overinterpret that comment?

No, he didn't carry the football as much in the regular season - only 133 times for 1856 yards (13.9 per rush) and 29 touchdowns. Obviously he is going to carry more of the load come playoff time, as any player of his caliber and ability would.

With Powell winning games by the margins they did in the playoffs, he really didn't play nearly as much as he might have in the regular season. In two games he never saw the field in the second half, and in 3 others he didn't play in the 4th quarter. That's one of the reasons I get defensive when Powell coach Matt Lowe is accused of "padding Dy'shawn's stats", because that just isn't accurate. Had Coach Lowe wanted to do that and left him in blowout games, Mobley could be pushing 4K yards right now, instead of 3K.

Instead, Coach Lowe did what he needed to do - get young players Friday night snaps and carries.

No, he didn't carry the football as much in the regular season - only 133 times for 1856 yards (13.9 per rush) and 29 touchdowns. Obviously he is going to carry more of the load come playoff time, as any player of his caliber and ability would.

With Powell winning games by the margins they did in the playoffs, he really didn't play nearly as much as he might have in the regular season. In two games he never saw the field in the second half, and in 3 others he didn't play in the 4th quarter. That's one of the reasons I get defensive when Powell coach Matt Lowe is accused of "padding Dy'shawn's stats", because that just isn't accurate. Had Coach Lowe wanted to do that and left him in blowout games, Mobley could be pushing 4K yards right now, instead of 3K.

Instead, Coach Lowe did what he needed to do - get young players Friday night snaps and carries.

Honest answer, stop Mobley stop Powell?