Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

Powell getting to practice on the indoor field for UT ia awesome for them. Im sure thats something a lot of the guys will never forget. hopefully practicing there gets them a little used to the turf field that they will be playing on. This will probably be then best game of the championships...

Boo to the vols for letting our opponent into their nice warm and dry facility while the Patriots had to struggle outside in the rain, snow and mud. Hardly seems fair but ,oh well...

GO BIG RED

Edited by olddevil

Agreed.

Given the similarities, I think this game will be decided by the battle in the trenches. That has been our advantage all year, and our biggest strength. You don't put up the kind of numbers Powell did without some good play up front as well, so if they can counter it, this should be a classic.

Is it Friday yet?

GO PATRIOTS!!!

One of the truisms for this website has been that Powell played a tougher regular season schedule than did Henry County. The numbers show this is without foundation. The stats show that both District 3 (Powell) and District 10 (Henry County) were both extremely weak this year. After watching the highlights of Powell's season, I was captivated by the ineptness of the opposition. Was it because Powell was so overwhelming? I checked online videos of other District 3 teams playing each other. The ineptness was still there, especially on defense. I would say that District 3 has the weakest DEFENSIVE TEAMS I HAVE EVER SEEN. Against many of the teams there, blocking was actually optional on many plays.

Here, in tabular form, is the District 3 record this season:

ANDERSON COUNTY OVERALL: 3-6 OUTSIDE DISTRICT 3: 0-3

CAMPBELL COUNTY 3-7 1-1

CLINTON 0-10 0-2

KNOX CENTRAL 3-7 0-2

KNOX HALLS 1-9 0-2

HARDIN VALLEY 6-5 1-2

KNOX KARNS 6-5 1-2

OAK RIDGE 6-5 2-3

5-17 outside district

DISTRICT 10

CLARKSVILLE HIGH 6-5 1-2

CLARKSVILLE NE 7-5 2-2

CLARKSVILLE NW 2-8 1-1

DICKSON COUNTY 8-3 1-2

KENWOOD 3-7 0-2

ROSSVIEW 1-9 0-2

SPRINGFIELD 6-5 1-2

WEST CREEK 1-9 0-2

6-15 outside district

Not pretty numbers for either district, suggesting that some of the Henry County and Powell stats are inflated.

Other conclusions after a detailed study of Powell:

1. DaShawn Mobley probably IS the best running back in the state. Not the fastest but fast enough, good cutter. Definitely the best college running back prospect.

2. QB McPhetridge (#5) is equally valuable (equal to Mobley) to the Powell Panthers.

Edited by Augielio

One of the truisms for this website has been that Powell played a tougher regular season schedule than did Henry County. The numbers show this is without foundation. The stats show that both District 3 (Powell) and District 10 (Henry County) were both extremely weak this year. After watching the highlights of Powell's season, I was captivated by the ineptness of the opposition. Was it because Powell was so overwhelming? I checked online videos of other District 3 teams playing each other. The ineptness was still there, especially on defense. I would say that District 3 has the weakest DEFENSIVE TEAMS I HAVE EVER SEEN. Against many of the teams there, blocking was actually optional on many plays.

CAMPBELL COUNTY 3-7 1-1

CLINTON 0-10 0-2

KNOX CENTRAL 3-7 0-2

KNOX HALLS 1-9 0-2

HARDIN VALLEY 6-5 1-2

KNOX KARNS 6-5 1-2

OAK RIDGE 6-5 2-3

5-17

DISTRICT

Some of your stats are off. For example, not that we were world-beaters or anything, but AC was 5-6 overall and 0-2 in non-district play. The non-district losses were to a play-off ineligible 10-0 team and CAK, which is playing for the gold ball this weekend.

First off I would like to say that I really like the website Powell! We here in HC need to get up to date with this football website stuff. Second, being a diehard HC fan, of course I believe the Patriots will bring the gold ball home. I will say this though, with the exception of the 2800+ yds that Mobley ran for, these two teams couldnt be more evenly matched on paper! Both teams have proved their critics wrong all year long, and we now meet face to face for the title. Basically a mirror image of each other from opposite sides of the state. I cant wait and I agree that this could be the best game of the entire Blue Cross Bowl Series this year. You cant ask for a better set up than to have 5A & 6A title games between undefeated teams from opposite sides of the state. Good luck and safe travel to all teams playing this week and all of the fans that follow. I wish our team had a nice warm indoor turf state-of-the-art practice facility to enjoy during this wonderful weather! Lol.....UT must be trying to pay back Jelks for signing with Vandy! HAHAHA :lol:

CAMPBELL COUNTY 3-7 1-1

CLINTON 0-10 0-2

KNOX CENTRAL 3-7 0-2

KNOX HALLS 1-9 0-2

HARDIN VALLEY 6-5 1-2

KNOX KARNS 6-5 1-2

OAK RIDGE 6-5 2-3

5-17 outside district

DISTRICT 10

CLARKSVILLE HIGH 6-5 1-2

CLARKSVILLE NE 7-5 2-2

CLARKSVILLE NW 2-8 1-1

DICKSON COUNTY 8-3 1-2

KENWOOD 3-7 0-2

ROSSVIEW 1-9 0-2

SPRINGFIELD 6-5 1-2

WEST CREEK 1-9 0-2

6-15 outside district

Not pretty numbers for either district, suggesting that some of the Henry County and Powell stats are inflated.

Other conclusions after a detailed study of Powell:

1. DaShawn Mobley probably IS the best running back in the state. Not the fastest but fast enough, good cutter. Definitely the best college running back prospect.

2. QB McPhetridge (#5) is equally valuable (equal to Mobley) to the Powell Panthers.

Red Warrior has said all year, and based on his long coaching experience, that strength of schedule is meaningless.

Some of your stats are off. For example, not that we were world-beaters or anything, but AC was 5-6 overall and 0-2 in non-district play. The non-district losses were to a play-off ineligible 10-0 team and CAK, which is playing for the gold ball this weekend.

So if a playoff ineligible team scores more than you, you win?