Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

It probably would be if it were Henry County vs Maryville ... LOL ... :roflolk:

You bet!!! kwc, Pepvol from out east wasn't impressed with footage he had seen of Ridgeway.Do you think he is blind, just dumb, or just too highly prejudiced against West Tennessee? Being the most respected pundit of Memphis area high school football, Can't you set him straight?

GO BIG RED and GO WHITEHAVEN TIGERS

Mobley is good. He'd be good playing for or against any team. He'd be good in any district in Tennessee and against any team. He'd be good against any schedule.

Mobley played a schedule that had more 9 loss teams than 9 win teams and a schedule that had more losing records than winning records. One team actually had no wins. In Fact, most of the winning records were 6-5 teams. He would not have had 2,800 yards and 44 touchdowns if he had played for Ridgeway or Henry County. Too much other talent to give the ball to. It is good strategy to give the ball to other good players. The point is, we all agree Mobley in fantastic. The reasonable of us agree that the numbers he put up were possible because playing teams that win 0 or 1 game the whole season allows spectacular performances from fantastic players. Fully a third of his Senior season was against this level of competition.

Y'all can take whatever joy in saying I'm trashing your schedule. It will fall on deaf ears. Henry County's schedule was abysmal this year. We have been threatened once so far. That said, THIS team would be in the finals any year, past or future.

I hope this is a good game. I will not be at all surprised if it is not.

I saw Ridgeway. They had one player like Mobley, a quarterback that was better, and at least 5, probably 7, SEC recruits. Not just D-1, SEC.

They are playing basketball this weekend.

I saw some great athletes on that Ridgeway team , I didn't see a great team . It's hilarious that you would even mention Powell's schedule after looking at yours . You guys keep talking about Ridgeway like they're something special , they're not , the Oak Ridge team that Powell played would destroy Ridgeway . This thread really is none of my business , but seeing how arrogant and condescending you guys are to a Powell team who has accomplished just as much as you guys have in your history is HILARIOUS !!

Maybe you guys should wait till you actually have 1 Gold ball before you act like you're the Green Bay Packers .

Edited by pepvol

You bet!!! kwc, Pepvol from out east wasn't impressed with footage he had seen of Ridgeway.Do you think he is blind, just dumb, or just too highly prejudiced against West Tennessee? Being the most respected pundit of Memphis area high school football, Can't you set him straight?

GO BIG RED and GO WHITEHAVEN TIGERS

nm

Edited by pepvol

If Ridgeway had 3 players like Mobley they wouldn't be sitting at home right now . I've watched some video of Ridgeway and I wasn't impressed at all .

Yesterday , I said I thought Patton Robinette should have won Mr. Foootball , yes I'm probably biased there , but after a little research what I found to be crazy was the fact that Mobley wasn't even a nominee .

Mobley has 601yds more rushing than Mathers on 19 fewer carries , plus 17 more Td's than Mathers ... yet he wasn't even a nominee . If Ridgeway has 3 players like Mobley , then they would have 3 players over 2800 yds rushing and each one of those 3 should also have at least 44td's a piece ... I'm not even gonna look , because I know they don't . I'm not even a Powell fan , but I can tell a great player when I see one .

pepvol, that's how good our defense really is. Ridgeway has atleast 2 backs of mobley's caliber. The "REASON" they are sitting at home right is because our defense completely shut them down!! Im sure mobley will make a few big plays but IF that happens, look for our coaching staff to make adjustments and shut down the running game completely!

Mobley is good. He'd be good playing for or against any team. He'd be good in any district in Tennessee and against any team. He'd be good against any schedule.

Mobley played a schedule that had more 9 loss teams than 9 win teams and a schedule that had more losing records than winning records. One team actually had no wins. In Fact, most of the winning records were 6-5 teams. He would not have had 2,800 yards and 44 touchdowns if he had played for Ridgeway or Henry County. Too much other talent to give the ball to. It is good strategy to give the ball to other good players. The point is, we all agree Mobley in fantastic. The reasonable of us agree that the numbers he put up were possible because playing teams that win 0 or 1 game the whole season allows spectacular performances from fantastic players. Fully a third of his Senior season was against this level of competition.

Y'all can take whatever joy in saying I'm trashing your schedule. It will fall on deaf ears. Henry County's schedule was abysmal this year. We have been threatened once so far. That said, THIS team would be in the finals any year, past or future.

I hope this is a good game. I will not be at all surprised if it is not.

I saw Ridgeway. They had one player like Mobley, a quarterback that was better, and at least 5, probably 7, SEC recruits. Not just D-1, SEC.

They are playing basketball this weekend.

Where have you been FACTS? You have stated things very well in this post. Mobley without a doubt is a very good player. HC and Powell played schedules that were weak. If Allen was the only player, instead of being one of 3 or 4, his stats would be much more impressive. The same could be said of a number of HC players. While I hope this game is close, I doubt it, unless HC commits a number of turnovers.

pepvol, that's how good our defense really is. Ridgeway has atleast 2 backs of mobley's caliber. The "REASON" they are sitting at home right is because our defense completely shut them down!! Im sure mobley will make a few big plays but IF that happens, look for our coaching staff to make adjustments and shut down the running game completely!

Well , if you "Completely Shut Down " Mobley and win the game , I will come on here and congratulate you guys .

I saw some great athletes on that Ridgeway team , I saw a terrible team . It's hilarious that you would even mention Powell's schedule after looking at yours . You guys keep talking about Ridgeway like they're something special , they're not , the Oak Ridge team that Powell played would destroy Ridgeway . This thread really is none of my business , but seeing how arrogant and condescending you guys are to a Powell team who has accomplished just as much as you guys have in your history is HILARIOUS !!

Maybe you guys should wait till you actually have 1 Gold ball before you act like you're the Green Bay Packers .

There you go again.

I saw some great athletes on that Ridgeway team , I saw a terrible team . It's hilarious that you would even mention Powell's schedule after looking at yours . You guys keep talking about Ridgeway like they're something special , they're not , the Oak Ridge team that Powell played would destroy Ridgeway . This thread really is none of my business , but seeing how arrogant and condescending you guys are to a Powell team who has accomplished just as much as you guys have in your history is HILARIOUS !!

My post was not arrogant. I acknowledged our schedule, abysmal was the word I used. We have great respect for Powell. In Fact, I'm looking forward to comments next year when everyone says you can't be good if your schedule is weak. These two teams put that idea forever to rest.

Ridgeway was something special. They scored on our first team and held us to less than 5 touchdowns. No one else has done that. This is the first arrogant comment I've made today. Thought it is Fact. Condescending coming later.

If there was one chance in a thousand that the Oak Ridge team Powell beat would destroy Ridgeway, I'd save my money this Friday. I, however, will be there early and stay late.

Edited by FactsOnly

My post was not arrogant. I acknowledged our schedule, abysmal was the word I used. We have great respect for Powell. In Fact, I'm looking forward to comments next year when everyone says you can't be good if your schedule is weak. These two teams put that idea forever to rest.

Ridgeway was something special. They scored on our first team and held us to less than 5 touchdowns. No one else has done that. This is the first arrogant comment I've made today. Thought it is Fact. Condescending coming later.

If there was one chance in a thousand that the Oak Ridge team Powell beat would destroy Ridgeway, I'd save my money this Friday. I, however, will be there early and stay late.

Not many chances in a thousand that Oak Ridge would even beat Ridgeway this year.

Edited by bigredatheart

I apologize to all Ridgeway fans , I admit I got carried away and used harsher language than I should have for their team , I'm not perfect , but I really don't believe in putting high school kids down at all , and I'm sorry for slipping and going against what I believe in . Good luck to both teams .

I apologize to all Ridgeway fans , I admit I got carried away and used harsher language than I should have for their team , I'm not perfect , but I really don't believe in putting high school kids down at all , and I'm sorry for slipping and going against what I believe in . Good luck to both teams .

I doubt anyone took what you said harshly. I like your philosophy.