Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

All our players (HC) have been watching the Powell film and don't see anything special. Ridgeway looked much better on film and we shut every aspect of their offense down.

Our team in the trenches is unstoppable and has been all year. No one on Powell's defense can keep Jelks from blowing a hole in the line.

Whoever posted the four videos of Allen, Ray, McFerren, and Jelks a couple weeks ago should put them on this thread again.

HC-35 Powell-14

My bad... HC has a good team much better than Powell by reading this board... Powell dont stand a chance just like they didnt with West... :thumb: I bet Powell players are going to be scared to death of HC....Good luck Powell HC must feel pretty good after watching your game film... Sounds like HC is not giving you all no respect.... Good luck Powell prove HC wrong....

My bad... HC has a good team much better than Powell by reading this board... Powell dont stand a chance just like they didnt with West... :thumb: I bet Powell players are going to be scared to death of HC....Good luck Powell HC must feel pretty good after watching your game film... Sounds like HC is not giving you all no respect.... Good luck Powell prove HC wrong....

Calm down man. I think this is going to be a great matchup. Both teams are underrated and were both picked to go out early. I'm glad both have made it and both have something to prove.

I was just stating what I've learned around town. Plenty of your fans also like to comment on how great Powell is and that we have no chance.

Hope for a great game with no injuries.

Mobley, as HTV has said numerous times on these boards, will be a full academic qualifier. That can't be the issue. He had a slight (VERY MINOR) disciplinary hiccup at the end of last year, but has stayed out of trouble completely since then. I could see that having some negative impact on his recruitment, but the kid can still flat out play. I haven't seen Ridgeway in person, though, I did watch them play a little bit online before posting this. There is no way they have 3 guys of Mobley's caliber. Also, Mobley's YPC is remarkable. Without seeing stats on the HC guys, I'd have to think that Mobley is averaging more per carry than they are. That being the case, your argument clearly doesn't "obtain" haha. Like I said, the HC skill kids looke really, REALLY good. I just don't think they have anyone with the size speed combo of Mobley (34 looks to be bigger than Mobley and maybe a little stronger and 7 looks to be faster but not one kid with the same combo)

Mobley, as HTV has said numerous times on these boards, will be a full academic qualifier. That can't be the issue. He had a slight (VERY MINOR) disciplinary hiccup at the end of last year, but has stayed out of trouble completely since then. I could see that having some negative impact on his recruitment, but the kid can still flat out play. I haven't seen Ridgeway in person, though, I did watch them play a little bit online before posting this. There is no way they have 3 guys of Mobley's caliber. Also, Mobley's YPC is remarkable. Without seeing stats on the HC guys, I'd have to think that Mobley is averaging more per carry than they are. That being the case, your argument clearly doesn't "obtain" haha. Like I said, the HC skill kids looke really, REALLY good. I just don't think they have anyone with the size speed combo of Mobley (34 looks to be bigger than Mobley and maybe a little stronger and 7 looks to be faster but not one kid with the same combo)

You must have watched film of HC, Skyline, or Whitehaven. Mobley would also look a lot less impressive against those defenses. He gets to play against one of them this Friday. Then we will all know if those Ridgeway players are as good or not.

How many D I guys does Powwell have, Ridgeway has 1 going to Ole Miss, 1 going to Memphis, and 2 going to Arkansas, and supposedly two more going DI,

Powell is 1 of 2 teams playing in 5a at this point and have earned their way, It will be a very interesting game, I think that this game will come down to the second half and coaching adjustments. Coaching edge in my opinion goes to Counce. Powell has not been challenged all year, the Oak Ridge game was close but without the qb for oak ridge playing, not really a challenge. I hope we can challenge them.

How many D I guys does Powwell have, Ridgeway has 1 going to Ole Miss, 1 going to Memphis, and 2 going to Arkansas, and supposedly two more going DI,

Powell is 1 of 2 teams playing in 5a at this point and have earned their way, It will be a very interesting game, I think that this game will come down to the second half and coaching adjustments. Coaching edge in my opinion goes to Counce. Powell has not been challenged all year, the Oak Ridge game was close but without the qb for oak ridge playing, not really a challenge. I hope we can challenge them.

If Ridgeway had 3 players like Mobley they wouldn't be sitting at home right now . I've watched some video of Ridgeway and I wasn't impressed at all , as far as their team goes.

Yesterday , I said I thought Patton Robinette should have won Mr. Foootball , yes I'm probably biased there , but after a little research what I found to be crazy was the fact that Mobley wasn't even a nominee .

Mobley has 601yds more rushing than Mathers on 19 fewer carries , plus 17 more Td's than Mathers ... yet he wasn't even a nominee . If Ridgeway has 3 players like Mobley , then they would have 3 players over 2800 yds rushing and each one of those 3 should also have at least 44td's a piece ... I'm not even gonna look , because I know they don't . I'm not even a Powell fan , but I can tell a great player when I see one .

Edited by pepvol

Ok, I wanted West to be in this game just because I dont like powell.... But the truth is Powell is on a mission, and they have a GREAT team.... Something must be wrong with me :mrgreen: Im rooting for you Powell bring home the state championship! Would love to go watch this game so I can see all the HC fans reactions when see Mobley in the endzone 3+ times.... Ill be watching it on TV.... :popcorneater: GO POWELL!!!!

Attaway Spaceman! Gotta represent 3AAA.

With the recent firing of the head coach at Memphis, I think the player who verbally committed to Memphis may end up in the SEC. He was stated in today's paper saying that he is going to take some of his other recruiting visits. He has UT, Vandy, and Arkansas after him. His committment was based upon Larry Porter trying to build the program by keeping local recruits at home. I don't see him staying now. I can't say that I blame him.

Go Pats, bring the Gold Ball west.

I know nothing of Henry County, but D Mobley is all that. Watched him twice this year, once against OR and, while we could frustrate him at times, he still burned us three times. That's all, all night, three times. The problem with Mobley, that was three times, three touchdowns, and 200 flippin yards.

He really is that good, and he WILL get his before this games over, win, lose or draw.

Go Panthers...bring another ball East.

If Ridgeway had 3 players like Mobley they wouldn't be sitting at home right now . I've watched some video of Ridgeway and I wasn't impressed at all .

Yesterday , I said I thought Patton Robinette should have won Mr. Foootball , yes I'm probably biased there , but after a little research what I found to be crazy was the fact that Mobley wasn't even a nominee .

Mobley has 601yds more rushing than Mathers on 19 fewer carries , plus 17 more Td's than Mathers ... yet he wasn't even a nominee . If Ridgeway has 3 players like Mobley , then they would have 3 players over 2800 yds rushing and each one of those 3 should also have at least 44td's a piece ... I'm not even gonna look , because I know they don't . I'm not even a Powell fan , but I can tell a great player when I see one .

Mobley is good. He'd be good playing for or against any team. He'd be good in any district in Tennessee and against any team. He'd be good against any schedule.

Mobley played a schedule that had more 9 loss teams than 9 win teams and a schedule that had more losing records than winning records. One team actually had no wins. In Fact, most of the winning records were 6-5 teams. He would not have had 2,800 yards and 44 touchdowns if he had played for Ridgeway or Henry County. Too much other talent to give the ball to. It is good strategy to give the ball to other good players. The point is, we all agree Mobley in fantastic. The reasonable of us agree that the numbers he put up were possible because playing teams that win 0 or 1 game the whole season allows spectacular performances from fantastic players. Fully a third of his Senior season was against this level of competition.

Y'all can take whatever joy in saying I'm trashing your schedule. It will fall on deaf ears. Henry County's schedule was abysmal this year. We have been threatened once so far. That said, THIS team would be in the finals any year, past or future.

I hope this is a good game. I will not be at all surprised if it is not.

I saw Ridgeway. They had one player like Mobley, a quarterback that was better, and at least 5, probably 7, SEC recruits. Not just D-1, SEC.

They are playing basketball this weekend.

If Ridgeway had 3 players like Mobley they wouldn't be sitting at home right now . I've watched some video of Ridgeway and I wasn't impressed at all .

You do know, don't you, that you just shared your football IQ with all of Coach-T? Are you sure you watched video of Ridgeway?