Maplewood Panthers versus Greeneville Greene Devils

midtnmale

It turned out even better then I thought,You were right about making the prediction,could have never figured that extra point.I wood have took any score in the Devils favor,but that's the kind of game as a fan I enjoy the most..Where can I get the back to back shirts brother.You can't find Greeneville Green outside of my closet in Kingsport unless I'm wearing it.I get the same looks up here as when I have a DB outfit on down there.Great job BVDevil and Great job BIG Greene Devils { Back to Back STATE CHAMPS !! }

Big Tray has them. I'll go buy you one...merry christmas brother!

So we both had a good weekend...happy for that kid. I bet Freeze is sorry he let him get away...best move he ever made. I know he had academics that trasferred from ASU,will he graduate from EM early?

Could possibly be somewhere after Dec. There were a couple of more articles on the game if you have time to go read. Had several colleges there so the jury is still out on final destination. Congrats on back to back. I told the tailgaters that our game with you guys would be the State Championship game. Wish we had a rematch like LSU and Bama, maybe next year.

I was at the game Saturday with my little boy, and I just wanted to commend Maplewood - the team and coaches.

You can tell they are a very disciplined and well coached team (from a composure standpoint - some mistakes were made that are certainly age and football maturity related including fielding the punt on the two that would've went for a touch back).

What a fine example of sportsmanship and losing with grace. They played a very clean game and at the end they showed class and shook hands, I saw some hugs, and it made me proud of them. It's very easy to lose composure when you get beat in such a manner after having heightened expectations - It reminded me of my days wearing the Greene and White when we took a good thumping from Shelbyville in the state semifinals.

My little boy commented and asked "Why aren't they mad Daddy? They lost pretty bad. Are they sad?" and it was an excellent teaching opportunity. He's only 4 by the way. I told him "of course they're angry and upset son, I'm sure inside it's killing them to lose. No one likes to lose. But it's just as important to lose with class as it is to win with class. You have to always conduct yourself with class. After all, as important as we take it, always remember it's still a game."

Congratulations to the 4A State Runner-up Maplewood Panthers. I'm sure we'll see you guys in many, many great contests in years to come. And one day if it's my little boy on the other side of the ball losing to a Maplewood team, I would only hope that he conducts himself in the same manner.

Edited by OleGreeneDevils

This forum is now officially null unless someone can breath some life back into it!

Where are those videos?!!!

Rod, ones up on page 88 of this thread..if for some reason its not there just come visit my youtube channel at

http://www.youtube.com/user/BigVOLdaddy?feature=mhee

theres a search bar at top right of my page where you can search for the greeneville maplewood vid...enjoy

Edited by BVDevil

I was at the game Saturday with my little boy, and I just wanted to commend Maplewood - the team and coaches.

You can tell they are a very disciplined and well coached team (from a composure standpoint - some mistakes were made that are certainly age and football maturity related including fielding the punt on the two that would've went for a touch back).

What a fine example of sportsmanship and losing with grace. They played a very clean game and at the end they showed class and shook hands, I saw some hugs, and it made me proud of them. It's very easy to lose composure when you get beat in such a manner after having heightened expectations - It reminded me of my days wearing the Greene and White when we took a good thumping from Shelbyville in the state semifinals.

My little boy commented and asked "Why aren't they mad Daddy? They lost pretty bad. Are they sad?" and it was an excellent teaching opportunity. He's only 4 by the way. I told him "of course they're angry and upset son, I'm sure inside it's killing them to lose. No one likes to lose. But it's just as important to lose with class as it is to win with class. You have to always conduct yourself with class. After all, as important as we take it, always remember it's still a game."

Congratulations to the 4A State Runner-up Maplewood Panthers. I'm sure we'll see you guys in many, many great contests in years to come. And one day if it's my little boy on the other side of the ball losing to a Maplewood team, I would only hope that he conducts himself in the same manner.

i agree about maplewood. i was fortunate enough to be on the field with the team after the game and those maplewood kids even shook my hand and said good game, and i quite obviously didnt have a thing to do with it...great kids....as for that punt,my brother and i were both laughing and wondering why he picked it up, but ive now watched the game twice and rewound that play several times and i think he made the right decision. it looked like it was maybe gona go out of bounds at the one...now ofcourse it could have went into the endzone, but just looking at it on tv gave me a much different perspective than what i saw sitting up on the top row of the stands.....congrats again Maplewood on a great year