District 12AA 2012

GCBSBLL9

It's about that time again 12AA. Can't wait to see how it turns out this year. Giles Co. has to replace 5 starters from last year but they will return the top portion of their pitching staff. Spring Hill returns a lot and looks to be reloaded again. Marshall Co. returns one of the toughest pitchers in the district with Vernon. Lewis Co. and Hickman Co. took steps in the right direction last year and are expected to continue to do so this year. Will Page be back toward the top? We have added Summit and they will be young but talented. In an always competitive and intense district who comes out on top this year?

• 2 weeks later...

It's great to see this thread up and running, as it means baseball season is just around the corner! 12AA should be tough once again for whoever emerges as the champ. Spring Hill has turned into a power in AA baseball as Coach Lamm always reloads and has the Raiders ready. This year will be no different. Marshall has tradition on their side as well as great starting pitching, which definitely wins a lot of games early in the year. Pitching will be even more important now with the BBCOR bats and a less-offensive game. Giles always plays with a lot of energy and a lot of speed. They make things happen on the bases and score a lot of runs. Page was down last year, but Coach Brown runs a great program and no doubt will bounce back as his team gains experience. Lewis lost several seniors and the MVP in Ammons, but they seemed to have some good middle school kids coming up the last couple of years and a good freshman group last year, so Tiller will probably play some young talented kids and I look for them to be tough, especially in the second half of the season. I think your description of Summitt is very accurate, young but talented, and will be well-coached with Coach Kirby having much success at his previous job. They are definitely an up and coming program to watch. Hickman is an interesting team to watch and could be the x-factor in a lot of the final standings. When the lefty Hays is pitching well, they can shut anyone's offense down. Control can be a problem at times. The core of the team has been playing together for 3 or 4 years now and it is Coach Chessor's 4th year at HCHS. They have improved much during that time, and the question is are the Dawgs ready to take the next step? Time will tell. East Hickman and Fairview don't look to have a lot of returning pitching, which could present some matchup problems for the Jackets and Eagles. I don't know much about upcoming players, but they may struggle based on what they have coming back from last year's teams. But as we always see in 12AA, anything can happen on any night. Should be another exciting season!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know Spring Hill only lost 4 Seniors, and only 2 were everyday guys. Who will take Schubert's spot at 3rd and Scarritt's in LF?

Who will replace Schubert on the mound?

Giles has a really good group of seniors, with Springer and Mclemore both hitting and pitching, Brooks with speed and good defense, and Hamby as the relief guy on the mound plus word is he is catching now too.

Who will replace Schubert on the mound?

Giles has a really good group of seniors, with Springer and Mclemore both hitting and pitching, Brooks with speed and good defense, and Hamby as the relief guy on the mound plus word is he is catching now too.

Not sure how much Schubert did on the mound for the district games but definatly a force a 3b. Teal and that slider will be the biggest loss on the mound and Scarritt's bat at the plate. I think the real question for Spring Hill is how good will Petty, Usher and Barksdale be on the mound. It will definatly be another exciting year. I look forward to the giles spring hill game. That has turned into a great series and with giles having all that speed in the outfield combined with the new bats it should be even better. Good luck to everyone this year.