Wayne County Wildcats 2012

wildcatpride70

09 set everything in motion to get us where we are today. Biggest difference between 09 and this team was defense. Great defense and ball control time eating drives.

No the difference in this team and the 09' is.... this team had 20+ seniors. Pretty much all were starters last year. Had nine returning players of defense. I hate to see what you guys will look like next year losing that many players. I'll agree on the ball control.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the difference in this team and the 09' is.... this team had 20+ seniors. Pretty much all were starters last year. Had nine returning players of defense. I hate to see what you guys will look like next year losing that many players. I'll agree on the ball control.

Well, there are 4 players returning on D(they weren't starters but played a lot) and that's #5 Brandon Lowe, #38 Carson Kelly, #70 Peyton Bratcher, and #51(for the life of me can't remember the boys name). I think these younger boys have gotten a lot of experience with us pulling starters out by the half in most all of our games. 7-10 games in the regular season the JV was in by 3rd quarter. I know you can't replace senior leadership and experience like that but I think we're gonna be ok. #15 Bevis is a really good RB and could be faster than any of the guys we had back there this year, if he works hard to get better. It's all about the battle being won in the trenches though and that remains unknown. I know of some boys that will work hard to get better and improve. I just hope the rest work hard too.

Edited by wildcatalumni

Well, there are 4 players returning on D(they weren't starters but played a lot) and that's #5 Brandon Lowe, #38 Carson Kelly, #70 Peyton Bratcher, and #51(for the life of me can't remember the boys name). I think these younger boys have gotten a lot of experience with us pulling starters out by the half in most all of our games. 7-10 games in the regular season the JV was in by 3rd quarter. I know you can't replace senior leadership and experience like that but I think we're gonna be ok. #15 Bevis is a really good RB and could be faster than any of the guys we had back there this year, if he works hard to get better. It's all about the battle being won in the trenches though and that remains unknown. I know of some boys that will work hard to get better and improve. I just hope the rest work hard too.

Peyton Hatchett I think is his name. I really like Bevis....man that kid is tough as nails and runs so hard. I hope he stays in the weight room this offseason. There's several younger kids that I think are gonna be really good players....Bratcher of course and I think Lukas Pierce is gonna be a beast if he adds the weight.

Peyton Hatchett I think is his name. I really like Bevis....man that kid is tough as nails and runs so hard. I hope he stays in the weight room this offseason. There's several younger kids that I think are gonna be really good players....Bratcher of course and I think Lukas Pierce is gonna be a beast if he adds the weight.

Yeah that's his name. I just had to see it to remember. I agree, there are a lot of good young players coming up and they have been a part of an unbeatable team. So, I hope they work hard and want that for themselves, cause this group didn't get this good by just pure luck. They were in the weight room all the time. I remember some of them working out twice a day and running bleachers all the time.

Edited by wildcatalumni

I played in two state championship games whenever I was in high school. Tell you thing that'll help these younger class men more than anything will be experience. The feeling of holding that gold ball up

Good question.....can we please get a soccer kid???? They're gonna have a pretty dang good soccer team this next year I hear....how about the Kuehn kid? I think we all saw how important a kicking game was in the SP game. B. Ray was great on Friday!

Nevermind....Kuehn graduates in '12. But surely there's another one we can get out to play. Maybe getting the Gold ball this year will encourage them to join the team.

Defense wins championships and think that will be the key to the 2012 season for these young CATS. #5,#38,#51,#70,#15 and others playing with the starters during game time situations will be invaluble next season. If the coaches play to the strengths of the team as they've always been good at doing and some of this years SR's help the young guys along think we could be a really good team. Said what everyone else needs to do but it all comes down to how bad these guys,want IT. Weight room,agility drills,conditioning,watching film,practice all the things that have to be done that nobody sees is what wins games. Parents will have to help in this as alot of these guys will still be to young to drive so makke the sacrifice and enjoy the rewards on friday nights :thumb:

there is also some kids iv heard about that is coming up as freshman like lucas ray