Wayne County Wildcats 2012

wildcatpride70

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lose a ton of guys. Backs we lose are #4 Clint Butler at LB/RB, #10 Peyton Mathis at DB/WR, #14 Jacob Ray at LB/TE, #19 Haden Skelton at DB/WR, #20 Zach Clayton at LB/WR, #21 Austin Rice at DB/QB, #23 Micah Pyle at DB/RB (great special teams guy), #25 Kyle Adams at DB/WR, #30 Nate Powell at LB/TE, #42 Nick Horton at LB/RB. Off the DL and OL we lose #53 Eric Garland, #55 Daniel Rumbaugh, #63 Andrew Compton, #67 Boston Ray (LB and Kicker), #69 Sheyenne Reeves, #73 Logan Self, and #75 Dakota Willis.

We lose a ton of guys. Backs we lose are #4 Clint Butler at LB/RB, #10 Peyton Mathis at DB/WR, #14 Jacob Ray at LB/TE, #19 Haden Skelton at DB/WR, #20 Zach Clayton at LB/WR, #21 Austin Rice at DB/QB, #23 Micah Pyle at DB/RB (great special teams guy), #25 Kyle Adams at DB/WR, #30 Nate Powell at LB/TE, #42 Nick Horton at LB/RB. Off the DL and OL we lose #53 Eric Garland, #55 Daniel Rumbaugh, #63 Andrew Compton, #67 Boston Ray (LB and Kicker), #69 Sheyenne Reeves, #73 Logan Self, and #75 Dakota Willis.

I think WC loses every starter except #5 Brandon Lowe.

I think Friday is the best thing that could have happened for our team next year. After having a taste of the spotlights these young guys will be hungry for more. I think we can and will make it to the playoffs.

I agree, theres standards that have been set and WC will continue their winning ways. WC has a great coaching staff and they do a great job playing to their teams strengths. Its going to be a whole new era here in WC and I cant wait to get started.

The state championship and the extra weeks of practice will certainly help next year's team. But, it's still going to be a tough rebuilding year (barring transfers - you never know, state titles do wonders).

I'm pretty sure these boys didn't win a game in junior high, which is a 30-year low. The coaches are great, and with the exception of 1999, they've always worked magic with their teams. The thing is, 2012 gives me nightmares of 1999. The big difference is 1998 ended in a 1st round disappointment, while 2011 ended with a state title.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if we made it to the playoffs since it typically only takes 4-5 wins. But, anything more than 6-7 wins would represent Coach Rice's greatest coaching job in my opinion.

The good thing is, with only a handful of seniors next year, 2013-on looks pretty bright.

Edited by 1RT

The state championship and the extra weeks of practice will certainly help next year's team. But, it's still going to be a tough rebuilding year (barring transfers - you never know, state titles do wonders).

I'm pretty sure these boys didn't win a game in junior high, which is a 30-year low. The coaches are great, and with the exception of 1999, they've always worked magic with their teams. The thing is, 2012 gives me nightmares of 1999. The big difference is 1998 ended in a 1st round disappointment, while 2011 ended with a state title.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if we made it to the playoffs since it typically only takes 4-5 wins. But, anything more than 6-7 wins would represent Coach Rice's greatest coaching job in my opinion.

The good thing is, with only a handful of seniors next year, 2013-on looks pretty bright.

I think theres alot of talent coming up from middle school over the next several years but its going to be all rebuilding next year.

I agree, theres standards that have been set and WC will continue their winning ways. WC has a great coaching staff and they do a great job playing to their teams strengths. Its going to be a whole new era here in WC and I cant wait to get started.

I agree, the bar has been set for every group to pass through and try to reach that goal. I believe that this next year's team will be fine. The thing is it will all come down to the off season in the weight room.