3A CAK VS 4A Greeneville

cncgonzo

What do you think would be the outcome of a game between these two state Champs?

I think CAK could score but not enough. I think Greeneville would wear them down over 4 qrts.

I would go with a final of 31-17, Greeneville. I know Alcoa had thier hands full with the "Big Green" and CAK had to solid/close games with them.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Greeneville to win 35-21 or even 42-21. Greeneville's defense is great. The CAK offense would score on anyone so I give them 3 scores. The CAK defense is not what I'd call great and Greeneville's offense is powerful. They'd put together long, bruising drives and keep the ball from High & Co. enough to pull away here. It would be very similar to their game with Giles last week in my opinion.

I'd take Greeneville to win 35-21 or even 42-21. Greeneville's defense is great. The CAK offense would score on anyone so I give them 3 scores. The CAK defense is not what I'd call great and Greeneville's offense is powerful. They'd put together long, bruising drives and keep the ball from High & Co. enough to pull away here. It would be very similar to their game with Giles last week in my opinion.

Very good response .. I agree totally .. dont think CAK could stop running game of Greeneville thus keeping the ball out of CAK 's hands ..

Who would win if maplewood and Milan played?

If you compare how CPA did against both Maplewood (lost 21-20)and Milan (lost 16-14) it looks like a tough game to call. I'd say that Vanlier is a bigger "playmaker" than anyone on Milan's team and I'd also find it hard to believe that Milan could just line up and whip Maplewood like they do against west-TN 3A schools but it would be a close battle so I'll just say that one could go either way.

What do you think would be the outcome of a game between these two state Champs?

I think CAK could score but not enough. I think Greeneville would wear them down over 4 qrts.

I would go with a final of 31-17, Greeneville. I know Alcoa had thier hands full with the "Big Green" and CAK had to solid/close games with them.

Well, this is an interesting question, and there's no way to know if anybody's answer is correct or not. I would submit that your rationale for your prediction might have a couple of flaws in it.

First, it would be unwise to assume that anybody could "wear down" CAK; they have a pretty demanding training regimen and didn't face a single team this year that was "in better shape." Also, unlike some past CAK teams, this year's CAK team has enough size on both sides of the line that another team would find it very hard to push them around at will in the trenches.

Second, both of CAK's games against Alcoa this year came later in the year and into the playoffs. I believe most of the Alcoa fans on here whose posts I have followed regularly would agree that Alcoa was playing much better at the end of the season and in the playoffs than they did earlier in the season when they played Greeneville. So, it's not sound to reason that, since Greeneville beat Alcoa 42-14 and CAK beat Alcoa 24-14 (in a mudpit game) and 38-37, that Greeneville must be better than CAK.

Finally, your prediction assumes that Greeneville could hold CAK to fewer points than any other team was able to do all year. Even in its two one-point losses, CAK scored 31 and 42 points. The lowest point total all year was the "mud bowl" game against Alcoa--24 points--in which CAK surprised the world by rushing for over 200 yards to win. Austin-East's vaunted defense, which had not given up over 14 points since August, gave up 35 points to CAK's offense. I haven't seen Greeneville in action this year, but I'd be surprised if its defense is THAT much better than A-E's.

I'm not going to take the bait and predict that CAK could beat Greeneville; it would certainly be an interesting match-up, but we'll never know the answer to the question.

If you're a Greene Devil fan, which I assume you are, congratulations on the big win today!

Congratulations to both schools for bringing home the Gold to E.TN :thumb: Mythical contests like this can create some creative conversations, but I wouldn't want to assume one way or the other how it would turn out. I will say this, Greeneville is very very good and appears to be big, physical and talented and more than capable of winning a game against my Warriors. CAK is hard to prepare for and talented as well. I believe CAK has enough weapons to be dangerous and would be capable of winning a game against the Green Devils IMHO. Advantage to Greeneville on depth no doubt, but lack of depth didn't prevent CAK from winning this year or in recent years past. Contrasting styles for sure, but two good programs that are both enjoying great success at this time. Here's to both schools continuing on the path they are currently traveling :thumb:

Edited by FootballDad

Congratulations to both schools for bringing home the Gold to E.TN :thumb: Mythical contests like this can create some creative conversations, but I wouldn't want to assume one way or the other how it would turn out. I will say this, Greeneville is very very good and appears to be big, physical and talented and more than capable of winning a game against my Warriors. CAK is hard to prepare for and talented as well. I believe CAK has enough weapons to be dangerous and would be capable of winning a game against the Green Devils IMHO. Advantage to Greeneville on depth no doubt, but lack of depth didn't prevent CAK from winning this year or in recent years past. Contrasting styles for sure, but two good programs that are both enjoying great success at this time. Here's to both schools continuing on the path they are currently traveling :thumb:

LJUST SAY CONGRATS TO BOTH CAK ON THERE 1ST AND THE DEVILS ON THERE 2ND GOLD BALL LETS KEEP THE GOLD EAST OF KNOXVILLE - YOU TOO MARYVILLE CONGRATS ALSO !

Well, this is an interesting question, and there's no way to know if anybody's answer is correct or not. I would submit that your rationale for your prediction might have a couple of flaws in it.

First, it would be unwise to assume that anybody could "wear down" CAK; they have a pretty demanding training regimen and didn't face a single team this year that was "in better shape." Also, unlike some past CAK teams, this year's CAK team has enough size on both sides of the line that another team would find it very hard to push them around at will in the trenches.

Second, both of CAK's games against Alcoa this year came later in the year and into the playoffs. I believe most of the Alcoa fans on here whose posts I have followed regularly would agree that Alcoa was playing much better at the end of the season and in the playoffs than they did earlier in the season when they played Greeneville. So, it's not sound to reason that, since Greeneville beat Alcoa 42-14 and CAK beat Alcoa 24-14 (in a mudpit game) and 38-37, that Greeneville must be better than CAK.

Finally, your prediction assumes that Greeneville could hold CAK to fewer points than any other team was able to do all year. Even in its two one-point losses, CAK scored 31 and 42 points. The lowest point total all year was the "mud bowl" game against Alcoa--24 points--in which CAK surprised the world by rushing for over 200 yards to win. Austin-East's vaunted defense, which had not given up over 14 points since August, gave up 35 points to CAK's offense. I haven't seen Greeneville in action this year, but I'd be surprised if its defense is THAT much better than A-E's.

I'm not going to take the bait and predict that CAK could beat Greeneville; it would certainly be an interesting match-up, but we'll never know the answer to the question.

If you're a Greene Devil fan, which I assume you are, congratulations on the big win today!

i highly doubt that CAK's training is more intense than greeneville's. I do think that you all would have the advantage in your strengths to our weaknesses. We have a great D but the "weak" spot is the secondary because we run a 4-4. I think its 49 21. Congrats to CAK and Maryville.

Having seen both teams, I would take Greeneville in a pretty close match. Greeneville's run game is outstanding! I do not believe Greeneville's D would come close to slowing down the Warrior offense though. Too many weapons, too diverse. But at the end of the day, the Devils would run clock, limiting how many scoring opportunities the Warriors would have. Having said that, this would not be a slam dunk by any stretch. If they played 3 times, the Warriors would win at least 1.

i highly doubt that CAK's training is more intense than greeneville's. I do think that you all would have the advantage in your strengths to our weaknesses. We have a great D but the "weak" spot is the secondary because we run a 4-4. I think its 49 21. Congrats to CAK and Maryville.

I didn't mean to come across as saying that CAK's training is more intense or demanding than anybody else's. Sorry if it sounded that way. Another poster said that Greeneville would "wear down" CAK over 4 quarters; I was simply pointing out that CAK's training is as demanding as anybody else's and nobody "wore them down" this year, not even teams with more depth.

Congrats to the Greene Devils on another great season!