ENSWORTH OR MARYVILLE

Vols1234

Calling B.S. -- there is not a 6'3" high school kid around here who runs a 4.37. If he does, he's faster than Devin Hester, Randall Cobb, and Reggie Bush, just to name a few world class speed NFL players.

He is talking about an Ensworth kid, not Baylor or east TN for that matter.

Gallatin HS had a receiver who ran a 4.38 at a combine this past summer.

And Coach Flatt is 0-2 vs Maryville ... I should know , I was on both of those teams , 1976 , 1978

George Quarles has won 9 State Championships in his 13 years as head coach, not too bad ... Normally I would agree with you on D2 strength , not this year though .

So in your imagination, you believe Maryville runs the table on D2. Remember, George Quarles has never won an imaginary game.

Also, are you saying in an earlier post that Ensworth turned down playing Maryville this year?

So in your imagination, you believe Maryville runs the table on D2. Remember, George Quarles has never won an imaginary game.

Also, are you saying in an earlier post that Ensworth turned down playing Maryville this year?

Ensworth was invtied to play in the Blount Co. Classic to play Maryville this year and next year play Alcoa. They turned it down because they wanted a home and home series is what I heard which was not point of the Classic. Cleveland took over for their spot.

No , unlike others , I didn't say Maryville would win , I did give an opinion that I thought DII was a little down this year ... unlike others who always claim victory against Maryville , I didn't say anything about Maryville running the table , that would be you putting words in my mouth .

I understand your point and would agree with you to a certain degree. The reason maybe is because MBA and the Memphis schools were a little down this year but Baylor was up. Baylor is not a perennial power in d2 football. They had two good years but no question will struggle next year. MBA is on the way back up again. Anyone who really follows high school football ( outside of their little district ) will know that historically d2 aa is the toughest division in tn. . District 7 aaa is a beast too but they were down this year as well. D2 is not quite up to par with the catholic division of southern Ohio but when mus is firing on all cylinders and so are the big schools in Nashville they are very deep at the top 5 spots in that division. The top 4 or 5 6a schools in the entire state this year could compete in d2 and I do believe maryville ( my opinion ) would have made a run at the top seed for sure. Both MBA and BA played trinity ( number 2 or 1 nationally ) this year and historically have played the top teams from cincinnati, Alabama and Mississippi. I know for a fact that BA finds it next to impossible to schedule non league games in their own county. The Murfreesboro schools are the only schools in the state that traditionally step in and play the privates in Nashville. I wish maryville would do a home and home series with Ensworth or BA . Trinity came into BA this year and BA will travel to ky next year to play them. MBA made the trip this year.

No , unlike others , I didn't say Maryville would win , I did give an opinion that I thought DII was a little down this year ... unlike others who always claim victory against Maryville , I didn't say anything about Maryville running the table , that would be you putting words in my mouth .

I understand your point and would agree with you to a certain degree. The reason maybe is because MBA and the Memphis schools were a little down this year but Baylor was up. Baylor is not a perennial power in d2 football. They had two good years but no question will struggle next year. MBA is on the way back up again. Anyone who really follows high school football ( outside of their little district ) will know that historically d2 aa is the toughest division in tn. . District 7 aaa is a beast too but they were down this year as well. D2 is not quite up to par with the catholic division of southern Ohio but when mus is firing on all cylinders and so are the big schools in Nashville they are very deep at the top 5 spots in that division. The top 4 or 5 6a schools in the entire state this year could compete in d2 and I do believe maryville ( my opinion ) would have made a run at the top seed for sure. Both MBA and BA played trinity ( number 2 or 1 nationally ) this year and historically have played the top teams from cincinnati, Alabama and Mississippi. I know for a fact that BA finds it next to impossible to schedule non league games in their own county. The Murfreesboro schools are the only schools in the state that traditionally step in and play the privates in Nashville. I wish maryville would do a home and home series with Ensworth or BA . Trinity came into BA this year and BA will travel to ky next year to play them. MBA made the trip this year.

Maryville doesn't owe these schools anything . Maryville did invite Private schools to play in our Kickoff Classic . You could of played Maryville one year , Alcoa the next ... beat both then brag about how much better DII is .

Edited by pepvol

No one is saying maryville owes anyone anything. I am just stating facts that any non biased football fan can see. I expect you to defend your team bro, but people outside of your own fan base will not listen to you because you are not open to discussions that may not put maryville as the end all be all to football in this state. The best football coaches are often most critical of their own kids . Do you ever hear nick saben say that he is 100 percent satisfied with how Alabama is playing as a team? I do not like it when parents overly praise my kids athletic achievements because I do not want them to get a big head and stop working. Knowing your classy coach like I do he would be the first one to take the high road and talk about other teams in this state. I do not have a bias to d2 but since this is a thread about Ensworth vs maryville I am allowed my opinion and I just don't see maryville steam rolling over the teams in d2 . Here is a link to the strength of districts. If you would like I can send you a link of one that has year by year since 1997 and also one that compares districts and conferences to national districts in places where there are perennial powerhouses. No one is saying maryville is not a top team in the state of Tennessee but I am open minded enough and have played enough and seen enough football outside and inside of this state to have an opinion.

http://unapproved website/2011/ratings/Tennessee_leagues.htm

And here is the greater catholic south league in Ohio

http://unapproved website/2011/ratings/Ohio_leagues.htm

I could put up more

No one is saying maryville owes anyone anything. I am just stating facts that any non biased football fan can see. I expect you to defend your team bro, but people outside of your own fan base will not listen to you because you are not open to discussions that may not put maryville as the end all be all to football in this state. The best football coaches are often most critical of their own kids . Do you ever hear nick saben say that he is 100 percent satisfied with how Alabama is playing as a team? I do not like it when parents overly praise my kids athletic achievements because I do not want them to get a big head and stop working. Knowing your classy coach like I do he would be the first one to take the high road and talk about other teams in this state. I do not have a bias to d2 but since this is a thread about Ensworth vs maryville I am allowed my opinion and I just don't see maryville steam rolling over the teams in d2 . Here is a link to the strength of districts. If you would like I can send you a link of one that has year by year since 1997 and also one that compares districts and conferences to national districts in places where there are perennial powerhouses. No one is saying maryville is not a top team in the state of Tennessee but I am open minded enough and have played enough and seen enough football outside and inside of this state to have an opinion.

http://unapproved website/2011/ratings/Tennessee_leagues.htm

And here is the greater catholic south league in Ohio

http://unapproved website/2011/ratings/Ohio_leagues.htm

I could put up more

Lol , Hilarious , I really have proved my point with you , you keep claiming to be " UNBIASED " what a JOKE ! You have a HUGE DII Bias that is obvious to anyone reading here , I love how you keep posting , and keep proving this point more and more . I am open minded enough to not get on here and automatically claim a win over Ensworth , you on the other hand have stated your opinion , now you're trying to justify it . Please quit pretending to be unbiased when it's very obvious to anyone reading here where you're loyalties lie . I have no problem with you thinking DII is superior , I do have a problem with you claiming any kind of victory over Maryville this year , when Maryville actually reached out to your team ... Maryville didn't have to do that , Maryville owes the Privates nothing . I see a chip on the shoulder with all DII fans because they have been put into such a tiny little group , Maryville didn't do that , Maryville and Alcoa have been 2 of the top Public schools the last few years and they offered you guys a chance to prove your superiority , yet apparently you guys would rather stick to the Mythical wins and not the real ones .

Edited by pepvol

Well we all have biases but I don't think I am biased to d2. I like good football so I don't care where it's played....private or public. If I were on the other side talking about how great maryville is ( which imoften do ) i am sure you would be spending a fair amount of time agreeing with me on everything that I say but that's not my deal. Like I said... I expect you to defend your team bro. If you go on the d2 page you would see me mention maryville often and the quality of that program. I have also talked about whitehaven, riverdale and alcoa. I was at the Alcoa - maryville game this year and will more than likely see two of Maryville's games next year if they have a good season. I have only seen one other person match up the teams by position and put forth a theory of who would win that matchup. Sure, no one knows and who really cares, but it's fun to think about those matchups.

Lol , Hilarious , I really have proved my point with you , you keep claiming to be " UNBIASED " what a JOKE ! You have a HUGE DII Bias that is obvious to anyone reading here , I love how you keep posting , and keep proving this point more and more . I am open minded enough to not get on here and automatically claim a win over Ensworth , you on the other hand have stated your opinion , now you're trying to justify it . Please quit pretending to be unbiased when it's very obvious to anyone reading here where you're loyalties lie . I have no problem with you thinking DII is superior , I do have a problem with you claiming any kind of victory over Maryville this year , when Maryville actually reached out to your team ... Maryville didn't have to do that , Maryville owes the Privates nothing . I see a chip on the shoulder with all DII fans because they have been put into such a tiny little group , Maryville didn't do that , Maryville and Alcoa have been 2 of the top Public schools the last few years and they offered you guys a chance to prove your superiority , yet apparently you guys would rather stick to the Mythical wins and not the real ones .

Well we all have biases but I don't think I am biased to d2. I like good football so I don't care where it's played....private or public. If I were on the other side talking about how great maryville is ( which imoften do ) i am sure you would be spending a fair amount of time agreeing with me on everything that I say but that's not my deal. Like I said... I expect you to defend your team bro. If you go on the d2 page you would see me mention maryville often and the quality of that program. I have also talked about whitehaven, riverdale and alcoa. I was at the Alcoa - maryville game this year and will more than likely see two of Maryville's games next year if they have a good season. I have only seen one other person match up the teams by position and put forth a theory of who would win that matchup. Sure, no one knows and who really cares, but it's fun to think about those matchups.

If you were really unbiased , you would be saying , Man , I sure wish Ensworth had taken Maryville up on their offer to play a REAL GAME , rather than saying Ensworth would beat Maryville ...Everyone has a bias , I admit mine , you don't .

You would say that but you are not me bro....You can keep trying to convince people that I have a bias if that is what you want to do I have no issue with that. I saw maryville just as much as I watched Ensworth this year and i am a fan of both teams. Of all the teams I have seen this year , trinity ky is the best that I have seen in 10 years. I watched them destroy BA and also beat st Xavier. I was at the don boscoe - manatee game as well and both looked impressive to me as well. I never picked anyone to beat maryville this year and was quoted and am on record as saying maryville would beat riverdale by 3 touchdowns. I just don't believe that would be the case in an a game matchup with Ensworth. If Ensworth plays likemey played against mus, BA and Baylor in the championship game and. Maryville played like they did in the last two.... Toss up. If Ensworth plays like they did against Baylor I don't think they win at all. I was at that game and witnessed the worst officiating in high school history. Even the Baylor fans knew a rematch on neutral ground would be a different story. I also feel that trinity would beat both maryville and Ensworth. They looked like a college team to me this year. So people handicap match ups all the time. I am allowed to make whatever comments I wish. ... You can too. Doesn't hurt my feelings even though I just don't think you add much insight into your discussions. I read your post and you are often defending or projecting just like you have done with me. So you don't have an opinion of who would win that game? You sure do have an opinion on me and anyone else who Looks at football in an manner that's not 100 percent skewed toward their team. I would expect nothing else from you bro... And I am sure most people who read you probably expect that too

If you were really unbiased , you would be saying , Man , I sure wish Ensworth had taken Maryville up on their offer to play a REAL GAME , rather than saying Ensworth would beat Maryville ...Everyone has a bias , I admit mine , you don't .

Yo Bro , you want an opinion ? Ok , here's my opinion ... There is no way on earth that Maryville's Defense this year would of given up 42 points to any team in the State ... except maybe the Titans ..lol . I don't care how bad the refs cheated ( lol , the old refs cheated ... love it ) Maryville would not have given up 42 points to anyone . I'm not saying Ensworth wouldn't win the game , just no way Maryville gives up that many points . I've now saw "Fluke" and the "refs Cheated" to explain how a team that is so superior to Maryville got beat 42-14 ... any other excuses out there ? :roflol: